Chapter Seven

It has been seven months since everything happened. It has been... hard to cope with everything, but everyone was barely managing. Things haven't been the same since the funeral. The person who took it the most surprisingly wasn't me, but Ian. He's visited the bar at least once a day ever since we returned; he wouldn't come home for a couple of nights and when he would, he would go straight to his room. He's been trying his hardest to stop drinking his depressions away, but it's hard.

His blue eyes stared at me through the computer screen and we sat in silence. He sighed and tapped his pen. I looked up at him and tried to give him a reassuring smile, but I knew it didn't reach my eyes. Vincent had prominent bags under his eyes and took a sip of his coffee.

"Azura." muttered Vincent, "I'm here if you need me."

"You've told me that well over a hundred times." I responded, "I know you are... But only time can heal wounds."

Vincent frowned and shook his head. This is how our conversations been since Spring Break, dull, boring... Saddening. I felt myself instantly get stressed since I knew where this conversation was going.

"Azura, d-"

"Yes Vincent." I replied in annoyance, "I love you."

He bit his bottom lip and looked down at his tie. The time was 11:09 PM and I have two essays to hand in by tomorrow at 5. They each have to be at least twelve pages. Right now, I'm not in the mood for Vincent's 'plea for love'. He undid his tie and put it down next to him. Unbuttoning the first two buttons, he shook his collar a little and stared into space.

"I miss the old Azura..." he muttered.

I felt a pang in my heart and my eyes grow cold.

"She died with her mother."

Vincent took a sharp inhale of breath and slowly nodded. His eyes looked at everywhere but me and I decided to continue writing my essay.

"You know, Azura. For the past seven- almost eight- months, I've been trying really hard to help you. Yes, Anne truly was a nice person and it's sad that she passed on, but you need to put that behind you. She wouldn't want to see you like this."

I paused as my eyes slowly met Vincent and I felt rage well inside of me. How dare he even say that?! How could I just suck it up and put the demise of my mother behind me?!

"You really think it's that easy?!" I snarled.

"No, it's n-"

"Then why would you say that?! Why would you even go there?! I can't just put this behind me! Ian is messed up, I'm on the brink of insanity and you're just... You're just judging me from Lakewood! How could you even?!" I sobbed, "I can't... I can't exactly put this... b-behind me..."

"Azura, please don't cry." he muttered.

I wiped my tears and angrily began to continue my essay. I don't want to hear any of this, I'm getting so sick and tired of Vincent right now!

"Azura, you misinterpreted what I said."

"I didn't misinterpret shit! You want me to forget my mom!"

"No, I want you to put her dea-"

"Same thing!"

He took a deep breath and exhaled.

"Azura. Stop over analyzing things."

"Really?" I said sarcastically, "Then how would you feel if I told you to forget about Miss Lou? Huh? How long did it take you to stop mourning?! Huh?! You barely even knew her..."