~Chapter Three~

The words echoed through my mind. I couldn't tell him. I barely knew him, sure it was my third night. Sure, we were friends. But what would he think? I know I shouldn't give a shit. And/or just leave him with his opinion. Let it sting me silently. But I refused to tell him. "Uh... you know what? Never mind. Forget I said anything." I said, and walked away. Letting my father's words echo through my mind... "you're such, a fucking baby. You're such a mistake. You weren't MEANT to be in this world. I told your whore of a mother to get an abortion. You have no friends. You have no people who care for you." Along with his laughter... He had been sober all those times... I sobbed. And began running in a random direction, not caring where I ended up. I eventually fell down in a park, I continued crying. "No! You're wrong! You're so wrong! I have a friend! He loves me! Shut up! Shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up!" I yelled at my mind...

~Time Skip~

I went to work, I didn't speak. Any questions that Mike would ask, I'd nod, shake my head, or wave my hand in dismissal. Eventually he got tired of his failed attempts to strike up a conversation. The only times he spoke after that was if it was a command. Or a little comment to himself.
At the end of the shift, he tried to high-five me. All the memories of my asshole dad came back, I instinctively flinched, slightly cowered, and screamed "P-please no!" He lowered his hand. 'Shit...' I cursed myself mentally. "Jeremy..." He began, Mike then turned me to look at his ocean blue eyes, he put his hands on my shoulders, I flinched at that. He stopped. And I looked down. Standing at full height. I felt... his gaze. Staring, beating me down. Making me feel guilty. I wish he would stop. "Jeremy Fitzgerald. What are you not telling me?" He asked firmly, concern and sincerity laced in his voice. His deep masculine voice. My body trembled. I began crying. I broke down. I couldn't stop. Mike lost his slightly angry gaze, becoming only concern... except for some fear. The fear I've never seen. He's never been afraid. We have a job with fucking murderous robots, but he keeps calm. He's never scared. That's when guilt overwhelmed me. I clung onto him and sobbed into his chest. Not giving a fuck who saw me-... no, us...

~A/N~

I am sorry about another cliffhanger. Also, I'm sorry that I restarted. But I felt like it became more like a one-shots book... anyways, enjoy this, this is kinda short for me... and I hope that I can write more on a usual basis. I'm very sorry about the whole inconvenience. Bye! Please vote, comment, read, and add to read list (whatever you call that shiz.)

<3 Jenny