~Chapter Seventeen~

Mike finally allowed me to get out of bed.

I took this chance and sprung out. Then I began my morning routine and Mike got up and started doing his own.

"Hey JereBear?" Mike calls from what seems like the bathroom.

I blush lightly, the nickname having been used again.

"Y-yeah?" I call back. Again. Curse my stutter. It used to get me into so much trouble. Beginning with the bullying in elementary school.

"Ha ha! Look at that! The pathetic Stutter-Boy!" Landon called out, his spiky blonde hair staying perfectly still unlike his body which was shaking from laughter.

"L-leave m-me alone!" I called out, my bangs hadn't fully grown yet so you could see my emerald eyes easily. They were bright, and filling up with tears.

"What did you say?" Landon asks me as if it's a threat. He begins approaching me. Damn... he's intimidating for a kid.

"N-no! P-please!" I cry. I flinch and hold up my hands defensively.

He continues to approach. Once he gets to me, he kicks me once in the gut and runs off. That kick was good enough to knock the wind out of me.

I began coughing, but I was fine in the end. Just a little sore... but it would make a mark... And only Dad can do that... Oh god...

I knocked myself out of my flashback, well, more like Mike did. He was hugging me from the front. I lost it, I held onto the front of his shirt and sobbed.

"Sh... shhh... it's gonna be okay... Landon can't hurt you... I promise..." Mike whispers soothingly.

"H-h-how d-did y-y-you...?" I begin through my tears.

"You were talking during your flashback... I remember that day..." Mike says. His voice hinted that he was reminiscing in the memory of that day. It was quite normal except for that one swift blow.