Trouble In Paradise

RPOV

Dimitri and I have been having trouble lately. Ever since the cabin, where Dimitri and I finally admitted our feelings and made love, made our need to be with each other more demanding. Then, when I almost lost Dimitri in the attack made us realize that our moments together, should be loving. Not spent arguing over stupid shit. We've been trying to keep our relationship a secret until graduation.

But then I got sick. I was walking to the gym for our before school training sessions when I felt dizzy and nauseous. I ran through the gym doors and ran straight for the girls' locker room bathroom puking my brains out. I hadn't noticed Dimitri was there rubbing soothing circles into my back, until I had finished emptying my stomach's contents. I leaned back against Dimitri and rested my head on his chest.

"Roza, maybe you should go and see . Dhampirs don't get sick." He knew I absolutely despised the clinic. Hated it with a burning passion.

"I'm fine, Dimitri. Give me a minute and I'll be good as new." He pulled back to look at me.

"This has happened before hasn't it?" Busted. I couldn't lie to him.

"Yes." And with that, Dimitri whisked me away to the clinic.

"Rosemarie Hathaway," the nurse called. I got up and followed the nurse and Dimitri did the same. She led us into an examining room and said, "The doctor will be with you shortly." She closed the door, leaving Dimitri and I by ourselves.

"Why didn't you tell me about this if it's been a reoccurring event, Roza?" He was clearly upset, but I knew it was only because he was worried about me.

"I didn't think it was something to worry about," I sighed. We waited for five minutes when walked in.

"I heard you were here, Rose. What is it this time," Dr. Olendzki joked. I didn't respond so Dimitri did.

"Rose came into training today and threw up. From what I've observed, this hasn't been the first time."

She nodded. "Alright. Let's run a few blood tests and see what's up."

"Alright, Rose. Here are your results. I'd go over them with you, but I've got a broken leg to deal with. Make sure you take these and congratulations." She hurried out of the room to deal with the idiot that broke his or her leg. I looked over at Dimitri.

"Can we look these over in your room," I asked him. He nodded his head and we did just that. Once we were in his room we sat down on his bed together. I handed him the papers knowing he'd find the whole point in all of the gibberish. I waited patiently as Dimitri read.

All of a sudden Dimitri threw the papers onto his nightstand and was kissing me. After he was done, we were panting from the passionate kiss. "Whoa there, Comrade. Mind telling me my test results?" He looked at me grinning so big I thought his face might break.

"They say your pregnant!" I grabbed him and crashed my lips to his. I could finally give him the one thing I thought I'd never be able to!

After our make-out session, Dimitri and I lied in each other's arms. "I love you, Dimitri."

"I love you, Roza. More than words and kisses will ever be able to describe." We continued to dwell in bliss for the rest of the day.

The next week went by normal. Dimitri and I continued to keep our relationship a secret. Everything was perfect. Or so I thought. I was in Stan's (bastard) class when I got called down to the Headmistress's office. When I was called in and sat down, I was taken aback by Kirova's first words.

"Rosemarie Hathaway! I have knowledge of you and Guardian Belikov having a relationship. You have some serious explaining to do here. I suggest you start right now."

Happy birthday to me... Not.