Glaring and Questions

RPOV

I woke up to two big arms crushing me to an even bigger body. I smiled and opened my eyes to find a very sexy, yet sleeping, Russian God. "Dimitri," I whispered. He didn't wake up. I kissed him. He still didn't wake up. I tried kissing him again, and this time he kissed me back. He then rolled us over so he was hovering over me.

"Good morning, Roza," he smiled and leaned down to kiss me again. Our kiss quickly escalated into a full on make-out session. We were interrupted by an ancient and creepy looking lady walking into the room. She said something in Russian that I didn't catch. Dimitri quickly responded and the old lady walked back out and didn't close the door.

"I take it that means we have to get up," I asked Dimitri. He nodded his head. We both got up, closed the door, and got dressed. Soon after we got dressed a little boy walked in the room yelling, "Uncle Dimka!" The boy jumped on Dimitri and he got the boy before he could fall. Dimitri swung him around laughing. I heard more footsteps come up the stairs and towards Dimitri's room that was at the end of the hall. I guess everyone was coming to see what all the commotion and yelling was about. I stood on the opposite side of the wall while Dimitri's family came in and welcomed him home. They all surrounded and hugged him. He looked so happy to see his family again. After awhile, Dimitri's family dispersed among the house to do what they needed to do.

Dimitri walked over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist. He leaned down and pecked my lips. "This is the happiest I've seen you," I said. Dimitri smiled.

"I am happy," he said. "I'll be even happier once our baby is born." I smiled at the thought of seeing and holding our baby for the first time. I couldn't wait for the day that we bring our little miracle into this world.

"Me too, Comrade." He leaned down and kissed me. Right in the middle of our kiss, my stomach growled with hunger. Dimitri laughed.

"Let's go get you and our baby some food. A hungry Rose is not a fun Rose."

I scoffed and teased Dimitri. "And what's that supposed to mean?"

Dimitri laughed. "Nothing, Roza. Let's go get some breakfast." Dimitri and I walked down into the kitchen. He sat me down in a chair at the table while he got cooking. He pulled out bacon, eggs, pancake mix, bread. While Dimitri cooked, I saw Dimitri's family moving throughout the house. One of the girls appeared to be cleaning. I felt like I should help, because I hardly know these people. I felt as if I was intruding a bit. Dimitri finished cooking breakfast and made us our plates. After breakfast, we grabbed our bags that were still by the front door and took them up to Dimitri's room. Olena's plane had arrived shortly after we ate breakfast, so she was back from making sure Viktoria was settled in. Dimitri and I didn't get done unpacking until dinner time.

Later That Night At Dinner

Olena had gotten home early enough to take a short nap from the plane ride and still have time to make us dinner. Everyone sat at the table and from what I gathered, Karolina is the eldest. Paul is her son and Zoya is her daughter. Sonya is the one who is pregnant and hasn't said much. The creepy old lady is Dimitri's grandmother, Yeva. I already know who Olena is and Viktoria is back in Montana at St. Vlad's. The Belikovs chatted among one another, and I ate quietly. Every time I looked up, I noticed that Sonya would glare at me when the conversation wasn't directed towards her. This went on for about 15 minutes when someone spoke to me for the first time. It was Paul. "Did you really kill two Strigoi?" Karolina chastised him saying that it wasn't a nice thing to say.

I smiled at Paul and said, "Yes, I did."

"Cool!" Paul was absolutely fascinated by the fact. "How come you're not in school like Aunt Vika?"

"I didn't follow their rules. Because I didn't follow the rules, I can't go to school anymore."

"Why didn't you follow the rules?"

"I'm not good at following rules. That gets me into trouble a lot, so you should make sure that you follow the rules. If you don't, you might get into big trouble like me."

"But sometimes you don't get in trouble if you say sorry. Did you say sorry?"

"Sometimes saying you're sorry isn't enough for some people. My school had some of those people."

"Oh. Is it true that Strigoi have horns?" I laughed at this one.

"No. Strigoi do not have horns."

Paul looked over to his mom. "Andrew said that Strigoi have horns, but they don't have horns. Does that mean he'll get in trouble for telling that?"

"No, he won't get in trouble. Some people get told things that aren't true. Sometimes they don't know that what they were told is not true. It was just a misunderstanding."

"Oh, okay. Can I have desert now?" Everyone was finished with dinner. Olena and Karolina started to clear plates while Sonya went to grab a pie from the fridge. While everyone was distracted, I told Dimitri I was tired and wanted to lye down. Naturally, he asked if I was okay. I nodded my head and said I was fine. I walked up the stairs and went into Dimitri's room. I heard laughter right before I closed the door. I grabbed one of Dimitri's old T-shirts and climbed into the bed. Dimitri was really happy here. I know that Olena was happy to have me here and so was Paul. Karolina looked as if I might put bad stories or ideas into Paul's head and Sonya was always glaring at me. Karolina hardly knows me, so I can sort of see why she looked a bit wary of me answering Paul's questions. I don't know what I did to make Sonya dislike me so much. Yeva seemed to know something that the rest of us didn't. I don't know what she knows, but I sure hope I find out.

It was really late when Dimitri came into the room and got ready for bed. When he slid into bed he leaned over and said, "Roza. I know you're awake." I sighed and turned around to face him. He could tell that something was wrong. "Roza? What's wrong?"

I turned so that I was lying flat on my back. "I don't think that your sisters really like me too much."

"What do mean, Roza?"

"What I mean is that I don't understand why Sonya keeps glaring at me. I also don't get why it looks like Karolina thinks I'm going to corrupt her son. I feel like I'm intruding."

"Roza, you're not intruding. My sisters do not hate you." I was silent for a minute. Then I realized why they were looking at me the way they did. It was so obvious that I didn't see it.

"They don't believe that this baby is yours. They think I'm taking advantage of you. They think this because-"

"Dhampirs can't have children together. I don't think that they know how special you really are and that just about anything is possible when it comes to you. We'll just have to tell them that you're not exactly normal." I looked over at him and glared a little. "Normal in all the best ways possible." He leaned over and pecked my lips. "Don't worry, Roza. They just don't know the whole story. Once they know the whole story, they'll understand. They'll know that you really are carrying our baby." He kissed me once more before he pulled me to him. I curled my body around his, and we went to bed. We had a lot of explaining to do tomorrow to show that this baby is Dimitri's.