When I Say I Love You I Mean Forever

RPOV

Dimitri sighed and rubbed my back soothingly. "We'll get through this, Roza. There's nothing we can do about staying at the academy, but we are able to decide how we handle this. We'll just have to pack our belongings, say our goodbyes, and we can go stay with my family. I know that as soon as your friends graduate they'll be taking the first flight to come and see you. We'll work this out and things will be okay. Look on the bright side, Roza. We're having a baby. Our baby." I grinned like a fool at this. We layed like this for about an hour and got up knowing that the faster we packed our stuff, the more time we'd have to say our goodbyes. I went to my room to pack my meager belonging while Dimitri packed his. After I was done, I went to Lissa's dorm like Dimitri and I had agreed to meet up. I found Dimitri standing by Lissa's door waiting for me. I reached him and knocked on the door. Lissa opened the door almost immediately and pulled me in.

"Well what happened?" she asked eagerly. Lissa's face fell as she saw mine fall. "What's wrong?" she asked. I sat her down and explained everything to her. Tears slipped down her face knowing that I was being forced to leave her, not being able to stay and protect her anymore. She also cried as our dreams shattered. I wouldn't be able to graduate and become her guardian and we wouldn't have the life that she thought we would. I felt anger, sadness, and a bit of betrayal through the bond.

"Don't worry, Lissa," I said. "You guys can come and visit as much as you want when you graduate and you almost have that dream walking thing down. We can e-mail, call, text each other, or all three of them everyday I'm not here with you. We'll make things work. I promise."

"I can't believe our worst nightmares are coming true. I never would have imagined that we'd end up like this," Lissa said sadly, her voice wavering. "You promise that we'll talk everyday?"

"I promise on my life that we'll talk everyday. I'll call you before we take off and after we land." We made our final and very tearful goodbyes and Dimitri and I left.

Dimitri and I didn't talk much on the plane. I would cry silently every once in a while, but I mainly slept from being tired from all the stress. I made sure to call Lissa once we landed, but listening to her cry made me want to cry and I was sick of crying, so the call didn't last long. We still had another day's drive and I slept through the first half. Finally, after a silence that seemed to last a lifetime, Dimitri spoke.

"Roza, you have no idea how sorry I am. I love you and our unborn child, but I feel terrible. Terrible for getting you kicked out of your home, having to leave your friends and family behind, ruining your future of becoming a guardian. I've now lost my job, so I need to now find a new one in the human world just to support us. I'll only be able to supply the necessities and most of those will be focused on the baby. I won't be able to do anything special for you for would some time and that kills me. I want to be able to give you the world and not being able to breaks my heart. I love you, Roza. You are my everything. You're my future, my beginning, my world, my faith, just everything. But I ruined everything and I'm just so sorry," Dimitri's accent thickened as new went on, becoming more and more emotional throughout his speech.

"Dimitri Belikov, don't you dare think that. You did not ruin my life. You're giving me a new beginning. You're also giving me a family. The one I was never able to have. I used to very at night thinking of what might happen to us in the long run. I would think that you'd leave me. All because I couldn't give you kids, our kids. But now, we can! We can have our children, and not just one. This baby is a miracle! I don't care what happens. As long as I have you by my side, wet can handle and get through any obstacles thrown in our path. You are my mind, heart, and soul, Dimitri Belikov. I love you. Forever and always."

Dimitri had looked into a driveway and stopped the car as I finished. He leaned over and gave me a long and sweet kiss. We were now on a human schedule, since that what the damphir commune did to blend in with the human world. It was really late out, in the middle of the night to be more specific. Dimitri and I stepped out of the car and grabbed our things. Dimitri pulled out his spare key and quietly unlocked the door. He say most of our things down in the living room. He said we could just put our things away in the morning. We quietly tiptoed upstairs, down the hall, and to his room. His room looked so neat. He had a wooden twin bed with a blue comforter on the right side of the room, a bookshelf (full of western no doubt) in the middle of the room, and a walk in closet on the left side. Shelves lined the walls full of little knick-knacks and even more western. Dimitri handed me a shirt and put on a pair of sweatpants for himself. We settled ourselves under the covers, me tucked into his side and his arm around my waist, and I let the my body succumb to sleep's darkness.