Intruder

6 months later...

RPOV

I was now six months pregnant. Dimitri's family got to know me better as time passed, and we became very close. Dimitri and I had a hard time adjusting to life as regular citizens and not guardians, but we've gotten pretty good about living our new lives. Dimitri got a job as a security guard at a local dance club during the week and had weekends off. I got a part-time job at the local grocery store. When I wasn't working I helped Olena around the house or planned for the baby. Dimitri found out last month that we are having a boy. We discussed names but couldn't come to any agreements yet. We both agreed that he would take Dimitr's last name, his first will be Russian, and his middle name will be American. When one of us would like the first or middle name the other wouldn't like it. I told Dimitri if we didn't come to an agreement by the time the baby was born I was naming him myself.

Dimitri was currently at work. Luckily he only had a three hour shift, so he would be home soon and we could spend the day together. Unfortunately I couldn't fall asleep. I decided to check in on Lissa, it would be afternoon over there right now and she should be at lunch right now. I sat up in bed, leaned back, closed my eyes, and concentrated. I felt myself slip into her head and felt myself grow sad at the sight before me. Lissa, Christian, Adrian, Eddie, and Mia were sitting together at the lunch table laughing. I longed to see my friends again. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to be engaged to Dimitri and having our miracle baby, but I still miss my friends. Dimitri and the Belikovas have been very kind and supportive, but I wanted the support and love of my friends. The ones that I grew up with and became my family when my mother was never there. Neither was my dad since I never knew him. Maybe things would've been different if I had known him, but I guess I'll never know. I sorted through Lissa's emotions and found that she was okay. She missed me, but other than that she was happy. I quickly removed myself from her head and slipped back into my own head. I always checked up on Lissa, but I never stayed longer because it made me sad to see my friends living their lives without me.

I slid further down into the bed and curled up into as much of a ball as I could with my belly. I laid my head on one of my arms and rested my other arm over my belly. My hand rubbed my belly and was responded with kicks from the baby. "Mommy loves you and daddy very much, but misses her friends. I know I'm not really alone, but sometimes I feel alone anyways. Mommy loves daddy's family, but needs her family's support too. Unfortunately they don't graduate for another month and have things to settle with court immediately after graduation. They might not be able to come and see you until after you're born. I really want you to meet them. Your Aunt Lissa is the best friend anyone could ask for. If she was here right now, she'd be spoiling you rotten. Mommy could also use her support right now. Daddy's great at supporting me, but there are things that mommy needs to talk to just Aunt Lissa about." The baby kicked once more before settling down, as if to tell me that everything will be okay. I laid there for awhile longer before sleep overcame me. I vaguely remember feeling the bed dip as Dimitri crawled into bed after work before falling back asleep.

I awoke to a loud bang. I jerked awake and sat up in bed. I grabbed my pants off the floor, put them on, and grabbed my stake off the nightstand. I quietly ran to Dimitri's side of the bed and shook him hard. "Comrade," I whispered. "Comrade, wake up! Someone is downstairs." Dimitri shot up at the last part. He grabbed his stake off his nightstand and quietly opened the door. He leaned his head out the door and quietly walked down the hallway as I followed him. We heard the sound of glass clinking from the kitchen as we slowly crept down the stairs. We each stood on opposite sides of the doorway to the kitchen once we reached the bottom of the stairs. Dimitri nodded at me once and pointed at the light switch. I saw Dimitri mouth a countdown from three. As soon as he reached one, I flipped on the light switch as Dimitri entered the kitchen before me. And we saw...

Sorry guys the update is late. I got a really bad writer's block and I'm pushing through it. I'm not quite sure how I'd like the story to end. I'm playing with a few ideas right now. I can tell you that this fanfic will be finished after a few more chapters. I do not plan on writing a sequel for this fanfic. After this one, I will be posting and writing the sequel to "Where Is Your Heart?". After the sequel, I will be looking to start my next writing project :)