Graduation Part 1

Thank you guys so much for the lovely reviews! :)

RPOV

And we saw...

Paul. I observed the room and saw a glass of milk and a plate of chocolate cake that Olena had made earlier. Guilt spread across Paul's face as he said, "Please don't tell mama or babushka. I just wanted a little piece."

I looked at Dimitri and he was smiling. I laughed at Paul a little and said, "I won't tell as long as I get to have a piece too."

"As long as you two are having a piece, I might as well have one too," Dimitri said as he walked over to help Paul slice two more pieces. I grabbed Paul's plate and glass and set them at the table. After Paul and I sat down, Dimitri joined us with some more cake and milk.

"If you want to sneak something Paul you got to be a little bit more quiet. You're lucky Dimitri and I caught you and that we're both suckers for chocolate cake and a cute face," I explained to Paul jokingly.

"Okay, Aunt Roza. I'll be as quiet as a mouse next time," said a smiling and chocolate covered Paul. We finished our snack, cleaned up, and all went back to bed. Unfortunately, the next morning Olena was going around trying to find out who snuck so much cake. Paul denied it, but smiled at me knowing it was us. Olena never did find out it was us, but I have a feeling she won't be making any chocolate cake for awhile.

One Month Later

In exactly one week all of my friends will be graduating. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they're graduating. I just wish I was graduating with them. The Belikovas were currently packing to fly out to the U.S. for Viktoria's graduation. I want to fly out as well, but Dimitri and I are unsure if we should really go. For starters, I'm seven and a half months pregnant. It's strongly recommended to not fly during the third trimester. Another reason is that Dimitri and I don't exactly know if we'd be allowed in after being kicked out. Here's how I see it. I'm not due for another month and a half, so the chances of the baby coming that early is highly unlikely. Kirova also just kicked us out as student and mentor/guardian. She didn't ban us from coming back as a couple of damphirs. After explaining this to Dimitri, he was still hesitant to fly to the academy for graduation. I came up with a plan instead.

3 Days Until Graduation

Everyone's flight leaves in five hours, but we need to leave in three because of the two hour drive. Dimitri will be home from work just in time before everyone leaves. What he doesn't know is that we are going with them. While he was picking up a shift at work, I packed our bags and bought us tickets.

***

Dimitri wasn't too happy that I made the decision without him. Once I explained that the tickets were non-refundable, he agreed to fly. We drove with the others, got onto our flight, and headed to Montana.

***

We were currently driving up the long road to the gates of St. Vladimir's. The closer we got, the more nervous I felt. I couldn't believe I was back here after being away for seven months. For all I know, everything could be different. I tuned in to Lissa a bit checking to see where she was. She was currently running around campus trying to find the rest of the crew for pictures. What she and the others don't know is that I'm at the gates of the academy. I decided to not tell them I was coming and surprise them.

After getting past the gates, I saw how crazy campus. Families and guardians were all over the place. It looks like this year's graduation was a big turn out. After finding a parking space, the Dimitri, his family, and I got out of the car and stretched our legs. We didn't have much time to do anything after our flight. We got a few rooms at a cheap hotel in Missula, quickly set out bags in our rooms, got dressed, and came straight here. Our flight was a bit longer than expected, because we had to refuel a couple hours in. We all dressed nice, but we didn't get too fancied up since we were just guests attending the graduation. All of the students were definitely dressed up though. Elegant and sleek gowns adorned the girls, tuxes for the guys, and guardian uniforms for the novices. I ended up wearing a red maternity dress that hugged all my curves and showed off my pregnant belly. My belly wasn't as big as it would be for a Moroi or human since I was really fit and continued to work out through most of my pregnancy. I looked about five months pregnant instead of seven and a half, almost eight.

I tuned into Lissa's head and saw that her and the gang were about to take pictures outside the Moroi dorms. I turned to Dimitri and said, "I'm going over by the Moroi dorms to see Lissa and the others. Viktoria wasn't with them, so she's probably still getting ready."

"Alright, Roza. I'm going to see Viktoria with the others. We'll catch up with you in a little bit," Dimitri said. He kissed me before heading off with his family to the damphir dorms.

With that, I made my way over to the Moroi dorms to see my family. As I walked across campus, people stared at me and whispered. I ignored them, because I was focused on seeing my friends that I haven't seen since I left. As a drew near and saw them posing for the camera, I decided I was going to sneak up behind them and photo bomb. I quietly and quickly ran up behind them right before they snapped the picture. I stood there as they all tried to see how the picture turned out. Lissa was the first to notice and squeeled as she tossed the others her camera and came to hug me. "Oh my God, Rose! I missed you so much!" She squeezed me tight. I laughed and hugged her as best as I could with my belly. The others caught on quickly after Lissa squealed. After Lissa finished hugging me, I got hugs from everyone else. And this shockingly included Sparky.

"It's nice to have you back, Rosie. You don't even look that big," Christian smirked. Lissa hit him in the back of his head hard and scolded him.

"Be nice, Christian. You look fantastic, Rose. You're glowing."

"Thanks, Liss." Somewhere in the distance we heard guardians shouting that it was time for trials. "Alright guys. Let's go watch Eddie and Viktoria kick ass." Everyone laughed as we went to meet up with Dimitri and his family for trials.