Overlooked Details

Sorry I'm a month late in updating. I have recently decided to graduate high school a year early, so I had to jump into my senior classes and projects that others have had all year to work on. I've been a little bit busy lately, and I apologize for not neglecting this story. For those of you who are reading or have already read Where Is Your Heart, I did say I was making a sequel. I am still making a sequel, it's just taking longer than I had expected and hoped. I am going to finish this story first and then start with the Where Is Your Heart sequel. Thank you for those who are supporting my stories and are following me, it means so much! Also, thank you for your guys' patience. This story is only going to have a few chapters left, probably 3 or 4 at the most :)

RPOV

The gang and I met up with Dimitri and his family as we took our seats for the trials. It was nice introducing the Belikovas to my family. I had been waiting for everyone to meet for months. I wanted everyone to get to know each other before the baby was born, so it didn't seem like everyone was strangers. As we watched the trials, I was a little bit upset. I wished I was out there kicking ass and showing off my skills. No matter how much I wished Dimitri and I having a baby could have waited, I'm just as happy having our baby now. I mean, us having a baby is supposed to be impossible. I'm sure that there are many other damphir women that would love to be able to reproduce with other damphir. If it were possible, our race could potentially grow in strength and numbers. I'm sure there are other damphirs that would love to have a relationship with another damphir. Unfortunately it's looked down upon quite a bit, just like Moroi/damphir flings and damphirs reproducing with other damphirs just isn't possible. Or maybe it is possible. When Lissa healed me, she must have fixed the genetic fluke that keeps damphir women reproducing with damphir men. We could come up with a vaccine or pill to help other damphir women. This could be that start of-

My train of thought was interrupted by the loud of applause of the crowd as the first quarter of the trials ended. I was so deep in my train of thought that I must have missed both Eddie and Viktoria. Looking up at the score board, I saw that Eddie had the highest score and Viktoria had come up as third highest score. Looks like they'll just have to wait and see if their scores will hold. If you were to ask me, I would say that they'll scores will hold. Eddie's is damn near perfect and Viktoria's isn't too far behind.

The gang, Belikovas, Dimitri, and I all left the bleachers to walk down and congratulate Eddie and Viktoria. Those two trials were the only ones we wanted to see. As we saw the two, we all cheered and hugged them both. We all decided that since we had time to pass we could grab something to eat and chat a little. We all went to the cafeteria and loaded up our trays with food and then went upstairs to an empty lounge. We all gathered around on the couches and floor. Eddie and Viktoria took turns talking about their trials and how nervous they were about keeping the tops scores of their class. The Belikovas and the gang paid close attention to Viktoria and Eddie as they talked. While everyone was talking, I started to feel some small cramps. I read that it was normal to cramp a little when you're as pregnant as I am. After talking about the trials, everyone talked about a few different topics. What are you doing now that you've graduated, are you excited about going to court, what do you think your possible court assignments will be? As everyone talked, the Belikovas and my family seemed to be bonding. It was a very happy moment.

Well, until we started cleaning up to head down for the ceremony for diplomas and final scores. As everyone was cleaning, Dimitri helped me up so we could take care of our trays and leave as well. As soon as Dimitri helped me stand and I leaned over to grab my purse, there was this weird sensation that had me thinking I peed myself. "Uh, Comrade? I think I might have just peed myself." Dimitri came back over from throwing some trash away with a confused look on his face. I looked down, pulled up my dress a little, and pointed at the liquid that was dripping down my leg. As soon as Christian heard this and went to make a comment, Dimitri beat him to the punch.

"Roza, that doesn't look like pee."

"Then what the hell is it, Dimitri?" If it wasn't pee, then what else would it be? It felt like I was peeing when I stood up.

Olena came over and asked me, "Did it feel just like you were peeing, except it just came out all at once?" How did she know that?

"Yeah... Wait, how did you know that?" I wanted to know what was going on.

"One more question, Rose. Any cramping?"

"A little bit, why?" A weird expression crossed over Olena's face and a look of understanding spread on Dimitri's. "Will someone tell me what is going on?"

Olena laughed at me. "Oh, honey you didn't pee yourself. That was your water breaking." As soon as she said that, I understood what was happening. Now I knew why Olena laughed and why Dimitri is smiling so much. The peeing sensation and the cramps. I can't believe I didn't notice as soon as the cramping started.

"Holy shit, I'm in labor!"