Chapter 6

Eventually Edward revealed himself along with the rest of the family to Bella, and today she's coming over so Esme, Carlisle, Mom and Dad are making Italian food for her. I was sitting on a stool near the breakfast counter drawing dad cooking, because the way I drew it made him look like he was failing. He really wasn't but it's my drawing and that's what I saw happening. But that's beside the point, we all heard Edwards Volvo pull up and the engine stop running. Once the front door opened we all smelled Bella, Edward and her were making small talk while walking up the stairs.

I heard mom say, "here comes the human." I looked up and finally saw the Bella Edward blabbed on about in his head. I waved at her before Edward introduced us, she smiled and waved back. "Bella were making Italian for you!" Esme said with a giant smile. Then they said some things in a different language I didn't know, I only half listened after that as I started to draw Bella. I almost fell of my chair when I heard glass breaking, I looked up to see mom with glass around her feet. "It's just that I-I know you guys don't eat." Bella said, "That was very considerate of you, Bella." Esme said, just then Alice walked in through the window, Jasper not far behind. "Bella!" Alice said as she hugged Bella, "Oh you do smell good!" Edward had a look of disappointment on his face. "Don't worry Edward, Bella and I will be great friends." I sensed Jaspers blood lust, I took away as much as I could without my blood lust getting out of control. He looked at me, smiled and sent waves of gratitude my way.

Bella and Edward soon left the room, leaving mom to clean up the bowl she broke. Dad sat down next to me and saw I was finishing the coloring in my picture. "That looks amazing lil bear!" He exclaimed after picking it up and looking at it more. Mom just glared at him, she wasn't mad she was proud of the drawing just not of who it was of. I don't blame her, Bella seems nice and all but if she exposes us, we're all screwed. Bella stayed at our house for a few hours, it was about 8:30 when she finally left, i knew mom was through the roof that she was gone, I can't lie I was glad she was gone too. 

I couldn't get this Alec kid out of my head, he'd pop up at random times and nine times out of ten Edward was in the room, but this was one of those rare times he wasn't home. My sketch pad in my lap, pencil in hand, and music blasting through my headphones, his face was the clearest it had ever been. I was in awe once I finished the sketch but once I added the color it was the most beautiful picture I think I have ever drawn. Carlisle had told me that the Volturi were human drinkers so Alec would have red eyes, but instead I gave him gold eyes and trust me he looks way better with gold. I was so wrapped up in my work I didn't realize Alice was right behind me gushing with happiness because of me drawing Alec. I heard mom walk in and I hid the picture, I don't need her having another panic attack like she did the first time she saw the picture I drew of Alec. 

"What or who are you drawing now sweetie?" my mom asked, I flipped to the picture of her and dad that I drew weeks ago just in case she caught me drawing someone I shouldn't be, Alec or Bella. "Awe this is amazing! I love it so much!" My mom squealed as she hugged me and kissed me. "I'm glad you like it mom! I was gonna give it to you and dad on your anniversary, but..." I trailed off motioning to the picture in her hands. "Oh I'm sorry! I won't tell dad if you show me what you were really working on." Mom said with a small smirk. Damn it she caught on, "Fine." I said in defeat, she handed the book back and I flipped to Alec and I handed it back to her. "Him, again?" She wasn't mad, she was kind of happy but mostly sad. "What's wrong mom?" I give her the puppy dog eyes and she caves. "I'm just sad that you've found your mate, you're just really young to have found him already. Not just that your dad and I feel like we haven't had a lot of time with you." Mom looks like she could cry but I know she can't, "Mom it's ok! I really don't want to find him if he could hurt my family. If we meet one day then fine but I could go my whole life without actually meeting the kid and I would be fine with it." 

She calms down and hugs me, we stay like that until I start falling asleep. I feel dad lift me up and take me to my room, I'm tucked in by dad while mom kisses my head, then dad following suit. And for the first time in a couple of days I had a peaceful night, no nightmares!