Chapter 14

Julia's P.O.V.

Long story short we didn't fight the wolves and life returned to normal, well maybe not all the way normal. Bella woke up as a new born three days after Renesmee was born, and Renesmee has been growing every single day. Right now she looks to be about two months old and Bella was shocked when she saw her daughter for the first time since her transition. She was so mad when she found out about Jacob imprinting on Renesmee a couple of minutes after she was born, It was actually kind of funny to watch Bella throw Jacob around like a rag doll with her new found vampire strength, I knew he wasn't going to put up a fight because it was Bella. But I don't think any one of us thought she would take it as far as to throw Seth too, it kind of hurt watching the boy who had imprinted on me a couple weeks ago.

We had all been busy the last three days getting Bella's birthday gift together for when she would wake up, we decided that the newlyweds should have a space of their own since they now have a child, so we built them a house a couple hundred feet away from the main house with the rest of us. I've been preoccupied with all this stuff going on within my family I haven't felt like putting up the mental barriers I have set up with the family so I don't hear their thoughts. I really wish I had because my dad was thinking about after he met my mom after his transition and lets just say the next part of the thought isn't for appropriate for young children and the last thing I need to be thinking about is my parents stark naked and all over each other.

I know one day I'm going to have to do that with Alec, but I prefer not to think about it until then. I think its better for everyone's sake I don't think about it because then Edward will hear it if I don't have my wall up and then he'll tell my parents and then its just a big mess with the talk and the birds and the bees, and I refuse to hear the talk especially from my dad. He will just make it awkward and threaten Alec's life even though he's not here in person. I certainly don't want to hear about my mates impending death from my dad if Alec and I were to do anything.

*Time skip*

That kid Jacob, I swear someone in this family will rip his head off his body one day. He decided to tell Charlie that Bella was "better", Bella wasn't ready to see her dad yet. She's still a new born but some how has  wicked control over her thirst for human blood. With the help from my mom, Alice, Esme and Carlisle: Bella was ready to face her father. It broke my heart to see Charlie,  he looked very worn from worrying about his daughter and some how she's made a miraculous come back and doesn't even look like the same girl he had seen grow up. I'm not sure how she's managing to lie to her dad but he clearly believed her,  because he left our house that day pretty satisfied with knowing that Bella  was better.

Then my dad had to say something along the lines of Bella being 'too tame' to be a new born, which led to them having an arm wrestling competition in the woods and the family placing bets against the family. I did have to take a peek into the future to know who was going to win this one so I bet a thousand dollars against my father. Jasper and my dad also had a thousand dollar bet running between them, but my mom being as loyal as she is she bet against Bella. The match lasted a good minute and a half before Bella almost snapped my dads arm, thank God she broke the rock instead.

We all laughed as some of us decided to go on a quick hunt, the others returning to the house. My dad felt he needed to reclaim his masculinity by going on the trip and possibly catching a bear or a mountain lion. Alice and Jasper decided to go, I really didn't feel like staying at the house so I decided I needed some fresh air.  Bella did join us till she decided to go on a little adventure on her own as long as we didn't tell Edward that we left her alone for a little.  He's still so protective of her even though she's one of us  now and she's perfectly capable of handling herself.

Is that what's like to have a mate? Constantly wondering if they're ok? If they're safe and sound? Maybe it was a good thing I went on this walk, maybe I could clear my head. Keyword there being 'maybe' as soon as I dismissed one thought ten more came flooding in, I could barely see straight at one point. Maybe I would just have to meet Alec and see if this mate thing was really as scary as I think it is.