Chapter 16

Alec's P.O.V.

It was a normal day in the castle, we had just fed on some of the unsuspecting visitors. The masters retired to their study, as I was about to leave the great hall I saw one of the relatives to the Cullen's. "What could the Cullen's have done now?" I thought to myself as I followed behind to find out. As I listened I heard the Cullen's supposedly made an immortal child and then it felt like I got hit with a bullet. A memory came flooding back to me. There was a little girl about 12, starring at me with the most beautiful blue-green eyes I'd ever seen and her hair was a gorgeous brunette with some blonde highlights. She was talking to me about something or other but I couldn't make it out, all I know is she reached up to my face and it felt like a shock got sent through my whole body. I got snapped back into reality by Jane. "Brother? Are you ok? You look a little dazed." She said with concern.

"I-I think the Cullen's have made more than one immortal child." I said more to myself than to Jane. Aro obviously heard and rushed out to see if he had heard correctly. "More than one? Did I hear that correctly, Alec?" He asked in a sickeningly sweet tone. "Yes master I had a memory with one of them. It just came back to me." He looked perplexed by what I had just said, and honestly I was too. It isn't normal for a vampire to forget things then they magically come back unless someone was using their gift on me. But I don't know of anyone with the gift to make anyone forget things, maybe Aro will figure it out. "Well, well, well. Looks like we are going to finally eradicate those damn Cullen's!" Dimitri said with a sinister smile. The only questions I had was who was this little girl and why do I have this strange need to protect her?

Julia's P.O.V.

It was strange to say the least with all these new people in my house and of course in our time of dire need Jasper and Alice disappeared leaving a note behind telling us to gather as many witnesses we could before the snow started to stick. Slowly but surely our witnesses started to filter in first it was The Denali's. They were shocked to say the least, but they were in awe when I told them I was the same as Renesmee. They couldn't believe I kept it a secret even when I stayed with them when I was younger.

Next were Carlisle's friends Amun, his wife Kebi, and their 'adopted' children Benjamin and his mate Tia. Benjamin got along with Renesmee showing her how his elemental powers worked. I'll admit I showed his little dirt tornado up by pulling moisture from the air and making water vortex in mid-air. He was shocked to have found another vampire that possessed an elemental gift. Our moment was cut short by Senna and Zafrina running through our woods.

I'm not going to lie, but they scared me a bit; with an entrance like that it would take anyone by surprise. But I soon warned up to them and Zafrina's power to control what people see it was by far coolest power I've ever seen, next to mine of course. Next was Carlisle's friend Garret, according to my dad Carlisle has known Garret since the battle of Yorktown. We received a few nomads my mom sent along with Jasper's long time friend Peter and his mate Charlotte, I bonded with them rather quickly over hearing all the human and vampire battles both of them had been apart of. I wished Jasper hadn't left so he could put his two cents in with the war stories.

The Irish nomads came next, they consisted of Maggie, Siobhan, and her mate Liam. I got along with Maggie pretty well seeing as we were about the same age. I liked her power, she could tell if you were lying to her or not and Siobhan could control how certain situations would play out her power could actually help us if it came to a fight with the Volturi. When Carlisle and Esme finally returned they came with Alistair, a very old vampire who I guess was on the run form the Volturi for centuries. He wasn't very keen on helping us and especially if it came to a fight.

Finally two Romanian vampires, Vladimir and Stefan, showed up; they didn't care of we were actually guilty of a crime or not, they just wanted a fight with the Volturi. I guess there was and still is some bad blood between the two groups. We didn't have as many witness' as the Volturi had but it was surely enough to prove the both Renesmee and I were part human and part vampire. At least that's my wishful thinking on the subject, it helps me to keep the thoughts of finally meeting my mate at bay. I was full of all kinds of excitement, but now it's just mostly fear; fear of the unknown, there's a possibility that Alec may just reject me for being what I am.

I couldn't think about that I had to train, we were days away from the snow sticking to the ground and I will be damned if I'm not apart of the fight that may or may not come from all of this. I was going to help defend my family at all costs, even if it came down to killing Alec he may be my mate. But he will die before he hurts me or my family.