Bonus Short Story

This picks up shortly after The Force Awakens.   Though I don't like making up what will happen in the next Star Wars, I felt like writing Ben Solo/Kylo Ren one last time in this story.  Plus, a bit of reference to the story you just read!

  Plus, a bit of reference to the story you just read!

The Scar

Kylo Ren's eyes flickered open.  Or at least one did.

He reached up and touched his face.  A thick layer of gauze covered much of his face.

He tried to open his mouth, but the bandages wouldn't allow him.

A short laugh next to him.  "You got your face cut pretty bad, Kylo Ren."

He turned his head as far as he could and saw, with his good eye, his second in command, Hux.

Kylo Ren scowled at him.  The two men stared off.

They had a mutual hate for each other, but Kylo Ren knew that his First Order Commander had been the one to come after him after the battle, before Starkiller blew up.

Wait, the battle!

The girl, with the Force, and that traitor, FN-2187, or Finn, as he insisted on being called.   Poe Dameron probably have him that name.  Figures.

"You made me go on a pretty long chase," Hux said.  "Good job working your way so far into the woods."

Kylo Ren couldn't talk with the bandages, but his glare cut daggers through the Commander's skin.

Hux ignored it and continued his taunts.  "Also, good job killing that Han Solo.  I never thought you'd have the guts."

Everything he'd tried to push away with false hatred sprung back.  He lifted his hand and Hux rose into the air, gripping his throat.  He flicked his wrist and the red-headed man slammed into the back wall.

He stood slowly, rubbing his sore neck.  "I'm sorry, Kylo Ren."

Hux really wasn't, and Kylo Ren could sense it, but he was too tired to care.  The tubes running out of his arm must have had some sort of drug in them, since he was groggy and could barely focus his Force enough to do anything else.

The next few days, he drifted in and out of drug-induced sleep. Only once more was Hux there.

The Supreme Leader, who he'd found out shortly after he freed himself from most of his ties to the Light was in fact Master, had not made any attempts to speak to him during his recovery. Perhaps he could convince Hux to get the med-droids to allow him to go to the hologram chamber.

No, that was on Starkiller. They would have to create a new hologram chamber wherever they decided to stay. And they wouldn't dare decide without him.

From what Kylo Ren had gathered using a generalized version of Force interrogation, they were on the Star Destroyer Finalizer, somewhere out in the Unknown Regions. They'd probably lay low for a while until they could gather their forces together so they could have a chance against the Resistance.

The Resistance. He'd finally severed what he had thought was his final tie. And he would soon find Luke, he was sure of it.

But now someone else had thrown themselves into the mess. Two of them. Rey and the traitor.

They were going to find Luke, if he traitor didn't die first. Kylo Ren had cut along his spine, not enough to kill immediately, he'd seen that by her expressions, but if the Resistance did not have sufficient equipment, then the girl would be weakened severely. For an untrained Force user like herself, her grief could be fatal. Though it had fueled her last attack.

Kylo Ren would have to consult the Supreme Leader.

Finally, the med-droids removed the gauze, and ran a small beeping piece of metal down the scar.

They told him to open his eyes.

He tried. Both opened. But his vision was the same as with the gauze.

Rey had blinded his right eye.

The med-droids had strapped him down for the procedure, so his thrashing did nothing but throw his blanket to the ground. It was soon replaced, only to be shaken off again.

Something flowed in through the tubes, a sedative probably, and his movements grew sluggish. When he had calmed and the drug had worked its way out of his body, the med-droids let him up.

Kylo Ren was discharged from the sick bay, and given leave to go to his chambers.

He hadn't been on the Finalizer for a while, at least not moving around like this, but he could still locate his chambers.

Kylo Ren sat on a low bench in his room and put his head in his hands. He'd been scarred, blinded, by that untrained girl. The one he'd tried to interrogate, but who instead found his deepest fears.

Who'd mind tricked one of his best troopers.

He stood and walked to the small bathroom. In front of him stood the mirror, but he didn't look yet.

He took a deep breath, prepared himself, and looked up at his reflection.

The scar ran from just above his left eyebrow to just below his right cheek bone, right by his eye.

It was like Averann's.

The scar he'd given Averann just before he'd killed her.

Rage filled him. Rey, without knowing, had gotten Averann's vengeance.

He restrained himself to inspect his eye. The eye looked relatively unharmed, but the white was more red, and it didn't move with the other eye.

Just like how Averann would have been.

He slammed his fist into the mirror, shattering it. He stood in the crystalline shards, wishing he had his lightsaber, to cut this room apart. But they'd confiscated it for now. He'd have to use some Force tricks to get it back.

Kylo Ren returned to the bench, and then turned to look out the long window.

He needed to enact his own revenge on the girl from Jakku. But first he had to locate the map, the one he'd been pursuing and thwarted of by Poe Dameron and the traitor and Rey.

Kylo Ren picked up his helmet and covered the scar with his mechanical self.

He was a broken man, physically and emotionally.