The Team

I groan as I slowly open my eyes.
"Looks like she's up!" A voice calls as the same blue girl walks into my view, her eyes looking down at me disapprovingly.
"Sup?" I croak with a grin.
"Don't 'sup' me, dumb ass."
"Nice to meet you too."
"What made you think it was a good idea to go up against two guys at once?! You might be a magical girl, but if your body gets too injured, you die!"
"Yeah, yeah, mom."
"You know we saved your ass back there, don't you even feel the slightest bit thankful?" Jeez, this girl is going to be a problem for me.
"Yes, princess, just give me a moment, would you?"
"Avaron Tsumiko."
"Alright, Tsumiko-san, my name is Rin Kagomi, call me Rin. It's a pleasure and thanks for saving me back there." I sigh, sitting up to see a glowing green ring around me with some distorted language inside the ring just below me, how did I not see that before? A girl with long white hair and green eyes is standing beside the bed I had been on. She had her hands out as if directing the ring around me. The girl with the brown hair is sitting in a chair at the other end of the room, grinning from ear to ear while staring at Tsumiko-san. Once she notices me staring, she jumps and waves, her face turning red with embarrassment.
"Call me Avaron, I don't like being called by my family name."
"Alright, Avaron-san, sooo," I look around the room at the white walls, TV set, video game console, anime posters here and there of anime such as Attack on Titan, Hetalia, and Death Note, and finally looking down at the green covers under me, "where are we?"
"We're at Megumi-chin's house, her parents are out." Says the brown haired one, walking over to us.
"Megumi-san?"
"She's the one healing you, she doesn't talk much."
"Megumi-san? What's your family name?" I ask the girl with long white hair next to me.
"We don't know, she won't tell us." Says Avaron-san
"Hmm, well, what's your name?" I say towards the brown haired girl.
"Harumi Yamada, call me Harumi." She says as Megumi-san puts her hands down and the ring disappears,
"Done." She says,
"Great, thanks, Megumi-san!" I smile politely, to which she nods in acknowledgement.
"Hey, newbie-"
"I'm no newbie." I say, cutting of Avaron-san,
"Huh? Then why'd you make such a rookie mistake?"
"Well, I turned off my pain receptors, and that can be dangerous."
"Pain receptors? What?"
"I found out myself, you can turn off pain, but it's dangerous, so I don't advise you try to do it." I must've given her a very serious look, because her expression changed from bewilderment to disturbed.
"W-well, why would I need to do that? But if you're not a rookie, then how long have you been a magical girl?"
"I can't remember, I've lost track." There's a moment of silence before Avaron-san clears her throat,
"Anyways, you cost us a grief seed for healing you, so you're going to have to come hunting with us tonight."
"I'm fine with that." I usually keep multiple grief seeds on me, but I want to see these girls' skills.
"Then it's a date!" Cries Harumi-san,
"I guess so!" I reply.
~~~~~
"You're late!" Growls Avaron-san.
"Fashionably late!" Corrects Harumi-san.
"Sorry, sorry, I had to get a bite to eat with Ai for dinner." I had explained Ai to them before leaving for my apartment earlier that day, Ai had been waiting for me there and Kyuubey had gone back to Tomoe-san.
"Is that Ai?!" Cries Harumi-san, excitedly running up to us to pet Ai.
"It's nice to meet you, are you Harumi-san?" Asks Ai.
"Why, yes, and this is Megumi-chin and Avaron!" She says, pointing to each of them in turn.
"Alright, enough! We have to get going!" Calls Avaron-san, turning into her magical girl form and retrieving her soul gem. I nod and do the same with Harumi-san and Megumi-san.

We follow behind Avaron-san and talk about everyday things until we finally find a labyrinth. We walk through the portal brought forth by Avaron-san's soul gem and follow the path that leads to the witch herself. There's a loud squeak and a small creature with large pink ears and what looks to be a brown sweater that's too big for her appears before us. She doesn't look tough. I'll sit back until they need my help. Avaron-san goes first, she lunges forward and takes to the skies to attack the witch that had landed on a particularly high yellow chair. She kicks it, sending it flying as she then proceeds to shoot it a few times,
"Megumi!" She calls, to which Megumi-san lunges forward and pulls out a staff, hitting the witch and sending it flying with tremendous speed towards Harumi-san, who makes chains appear on her hands, a blade attached to the ends of each chain. She throws the blade of the chain in her right hand and it goes straight into the witch, locking in place before it flies completely through. She gives the chain a yank, causing the witch to be slammed into a wall, she does it once more, making the witch fly high into the sky. To top it off, she throws the other blade, to which it wraps itself around the witch,
"Your turn-" she grins, looking at me before being cut off by Avaron-san and Megumi-san yelling Harumi-san's name, something had squeezed itself out of the witch, a black and red snake like creature with a clown-like face. I lunge forward, and, just before the creature can take a bite out of Harumi-san, I push her out of the way. We both land in a heap on the floor and I whip around to throw some daggers at the beast. They make impact, each time a dagger hits it, a new version of the beast comes out of the creature's mouth, what is this thing? Why does it have so many skins?!
"AI!" I shout, to which Ai runs in at full speed into the monster's mouth. A few seconds pass before Ai emerges from the creature and the snake falls limp. A hellish noise erupts and the labyrinth disappears, leaving behind a grief seed. I retrieve it and give it to Avaron-san, "Will this cover the payment?" Avaron, however, is not paying attention, I follow her gaze to see a group of four standing a few feet away. One of them had pink hair pulled up into two yellow bows and pink eyes, another had short blue hair with blue eyes to match, the third had black hair and purple eyes. The last and oldest one had blonde hair in two curly pigtails, her golden eyes sparking in confusion, they obviously weren't expecting a quintet of magical girls, including Ai, of course, to be fighting this witch.
~~~
This is Megumi:

This is her theme song:

It's called Last Dawn by Ross Bugden