Ch. 2

**PETER**

Once I landed on the roof of aunt May's house, I could finally relax. I'd swung around the city and skipped the short cuts to get more time to calm down after the meeting with Deadpool.

I had heard about him. Of course I knew who he was and what people thought of him. An anti-hero. The merc with a mouth. He killed people for money, and apparantly everything was a joke to him.

"Insane," I mumbled to myself. That's what he was. Who jumps off a bridge and straight onto the car of an unknowing civillian?

I climbed down to my window and jumped inside, stripping out of my suit, and put on a pair of sweats. I met aunt May downstairs, and a pang of guilt immidiatly shot through my body.
There was cold dinner on the table, and she had her hands in her lap. 

I was late. Again. Why did this keep happening?

"Aunt May, I'm so sorry-" I started, but she shook her head with a smile. 

"I know you are" she said, but it sounded like she put a lot of effort for her voice not to break. 

"You're sorry, you forgot, it won't happen again. I wonder how many times I'll forgive you. I wonder why you always feel like you have to sneak out, as though if you were ever to ask me to leave the house I wouldn't let you". 

I stood there for a moment, wanting to go and kiss her on the head and say sorry once more, but something held me back. I was, after all, lying to her and going behind her back, and I could see how much it was breaking her. She had no idea where I went, and of course it worried her. I was afraid that one day maybe I drove her mad.

She stood up and cleaned up everything from the table, while I stood there watching like an idiot. She looked tense, holding back tears and anger. I couldn't keep lying to her.

But I had to.

"You look horrible again, by the way" she mumbled, glancing over at me. I looked down at my bruised torso, and rolled my eyes. The robber I had caught today hadn't been easy, and my body showed that loud and clearly. It wasn't the worse, though. 

Without another word, I turned around and headed for the shower. I didn't have anything to say to aunt May except lies, so it was better to say nothing at all.

----

As I showered, my mind traveled back to Deadpool. An extra job had been added to my already too busy double-life; keep an eye on this madman. I probably made a mistake by letting him go today..

*******

SHORT, I KNOW, but like I said; just for fun.