Ch. 14

I'M ALIVE AND BREATHING NO WORRIES I've just been really busy lately so I haven't have time to update, but squeezing in some time now before I gotta go again! Hope ya'll like it ^^

*****

**PETER**

Heat Lamp? Who calls themselves Heat Lamp?

"Aaaaaand he's gone" Deadpool said, getting up from the ground again and looked up at the sky. He brushed off some dust from his butt (which I obviously did not look at, mind you), and turned back to me.

"What do we do now?" he asked. I sighed, not knowing the answer to his question. None of us expected Adam to have powers. This unexpected turn of events made him a much more difficult target than we had planned.

"Go home and try to figure shit out, I guess. We can't really do anything about him right now, anyways." Deadpool slowly nodded, walking up to me.

"I'll walk you home!" he chirped, making me groan. I didn't need a babysitter...He reached down and pinched my cheek, and I squirmed.

"Don't want my babybutt to go home alone after something like this just happened" he cooed. I barked out a laugh at him.

"Babybutt?" I questioned. He kissed my cheek.

"Babybutt" he said, and took my hand, intertwining our fingers. I let him.

I didn't say much on our way home, though Deadpool never shut up. Whether he was flirting shamelessly, commenting every single person we walked by (who glanced at our hands, and some even glared at us as if we were Satan), or just talking about how his day had been. I liked it though. For some reason, his annoying voice calmed me down, and I leaned a bit into him as we walked, our shoulders brushing.

Then, as if in a flash of lightning, she appeared. I saw her in the reflection of the window we walked by, but when I turned my head to look at her she was gone.

I let go of Deadpool's hand, and put more distance between us again, blood boiling in my veins. Did I really forget about her that quickly? Some lunatic comes along and for some reason makes me feel appreciated, even though he could be a pain in the ass, and I was just going to let her go?

"What's wrong?" Deadpool asked. I shook my head, blinking twice. We had reached my house, so I quickly climbed up to my room, fully aware of that Deadpool was following. He fell down a few times, so by the time he finally reached my bedroom window and fell through, I had already changed into sweatpants and a T-shirt.

"Such grace" I commented, when he stood up from where he had fallen. Books, a pair of glasses and some papers laid scattered across the floor beneath him.

"What's wrong?" he repeated, taking off his mask. I knew aunt May could be in here any minute, but I felt so numb at that moment that all I did was throw some clothes at Wade so he could change out of his suit.

His white eyes stared at me, as he pulled the hoodie over the tight, red suit, hiding Deadpool so he just looked like Wade again. I just shrugged. He walked towards me, and stroked my cheek.

"Peter, no one goes from giggling and adorable to terrified like that unless it's something terribly wrong. Tell me."

I looked up into those pupil missing eyes, the scarred face, his chapped lips...

"I can't have you" I whispered. He frowned, as I pulled away from him. "I don't deserve you, or anyone, after what happened." Wade took a step closer, but I backed away even more, so he stood his ground.

"Is this about that girlfriend you mentioned? The one who died?" he asked. I felt the tears sting in my eyes, and my voice broke when I spoke up again.

"Gwen. Her name was Gwen," I whispered. Images of the night when she died, when Norman Osborn had thrown her off a bridge and I had failed to save her, flashed before my eyes.

"Her death wasn't your fault" Wade tried, but that's when I snapped. I could barely see as I started yelling, my emotions taking control.

"It was! I lose every single person I care about. My parents, my best friend, my uncle, my girlfriend...every day I'm waiting for something to happen to aunt May, and you have no idea how it feels when I come home to see she's safe. That I have one more day with the only person I have left in my life. You'd think having powers would help me save people, but apparantly all it does is kill them!"

Wade didn't say anything. He just stared at me, my heart beating out of my chest. Then he walked closer, holding his hands up.

"You're not going to lose me, Peter" he whispered. "I'm not going anywhere."

I grabbed him by the collar of the hoodie I had given him, and turned us around so I slammed him agains the wall. He didn't fight back, as I pounded my fists against his chest, tears blurring my vision. I relentlessly let out all the anger and pain I had bottled up inside. I let it all out on him, even though I knew I couldn't punch away my problems. I couldn't punch my hurt onto someone else, and I didn't want to either. I just didn't know what to do with all the regret and confusion that followed the newborn feelings that were growing in me. Feelings for Wade that I couldn't deal with without being reminded of her.

I kept punching, until I collapsed against him, and felt his strong arms wrap around me.

The door opened.

"What is going on up he-" aunt May's voice faltered when she saw me hide in Wade's arms. I didn't dare to speak, but a soft sob escaped me, enough to let her know that I wasn't okay.

"Oh my god" she said, and I heard her take a step closer. No, please, go away, I don't want you to see me like this. I don't want you to ask.

"I'll take care of him" Wade said. There was a silence that followed, probably my aunt tying the knots together, even though I was pretty sure she had already figured out me and Wade were more than friends, before she walked out again, whispering things to herself.

More than friends. Did I really admit that to myself?

I looked up, my brown eyes connecting with Wade's white, before I slammed my lips against his.

*******************
soo...angsty fluffy chapter for you, Wade showing his soft side and all xD thanks for reading ^^