Ch. 12

**PETER**

I didn't see Wade in person for a few days, but he texted me a lot, saying he was still looking for the rapist. His name was apparantly Adam Long, and he'd been wanted for a while now. Of course, I was also looking for him, but I got easily distracted by-you guessed it; Wade.

"I miss you"

"I like your butt"

"I ship us"

"And so do the talking boxes in my head"

"And the people reading this"

"Did I mention that I miss you?"

I never asked about these "talking boxes". Deadpool was crazy in many ways, but I was growing used to it, and whenever he seemed to be answering someone who wasn't there, I just assumed it was these "boxes". Voices in his head. He also sometimes spoke like there were someone watching us. As if we were in a book, just text on a page. But I just assumed that was just another side-effect of being crazy.

"Focus, please? You said you found the guy?" I typed, but chuckled at the texts he had sent me. Flirty bastard.

"Oh, right. Meet me on the roof of the police station"

***

15 minutes later, I swung myself in front of Deadpool on the roof, and nodded as a greeting. 

"Bitch I want my hoodie back" was the first thing he said. I blinked. What?

"Uh, you gave it to me, remember?" I said, challenging. Deadpool just shook his head and held up his hands.

"Na-ah. Borrowed. You kept it, which makes it stealing. And here I was, thinking you were the good guy". I laughed, and took a step towards him. Should I...nah, I probably shouldn't. Flirting wasn't my department anyways. However, my feet thought differently, as they carried me closer towards Deadpool, who didn't move, and my lips created words before I could think of any.

"And so what if I stole it? It was comfy" I commented with a shrug. "Besides, you said I looked good in it. I like to look good".

"You always look good".

Why did he always win this game?

I closed the distance between us, standing so close that I could feel his breath on me, even with my mask. My heart was beating a hundred miles per hour, and my hands were shaking, but I didn't want to back down. He was always the flirty one, the one with the cheeky comebacks and the one that knocked the breath out of me with unexpected winks and nicknames. 

"You really think that?" I asked. "You think I'm attractive?". Deadpool was quiet for a second, not expecting me to challenge him for once.

"There's no doubt you're attractive, but you're trash anyways compared to me" he said casually, and I frowned. There he went again. Hiding behind his mask of humor and sarcasm. I knew he hated the way he looked, even though I didn't mind.

"Stop doing that" I said, and my tone let him know I was done messing around. "I know you're not happy, so can you stop pretending to be? It's okay to be broken". Deadpool chuckled, and backed away from me.

"Aaaaand let me guess; it's okay for me to let you fix me?" he asked, almost bitter. I took his hand.

"Well they do call me a hero".

"Cute. We have a job to do". Deadpool walked me to the edge of the roof and pointed to a building a few blocks down. "I'm pretty sure that's where his grandma lives".