Ch. 13

Guys i was re-reading an older story of mine and i'm literally dying why do I have a character with the most heartbreaking backstory ever ;-; i need spideypool to cheer up, so here ya go xD (honestly it's not much Spideypool action here but I hope you'll enjoy it anyways)

**WADE**

"The fuck did he go?"

When we turned around, the only thing we saw on the wall where Adam Long had been hanging just a few seconds ago, was the cobweb he had been trapped in. Spider-Man looked around, confused.

"That's impossible. No one can break free from that spiderweb so quickly" he said. I just shrugged. 

"Well, you were a little distracted, it's not your faulth you didn't catch him running away" I commented, and he glared at me, and I raised my hands. "You were the one who kissed me, I'm innocent!"  I defended. He let out a short chuckle, before he quickly turned his head to the right, staring out onto the street. I came up behind him and rested my chin on his shoulder.

"Your spidey senses tingling, honey?". I snaked an arm around his waist and pressed him closer to my body, enjoying how his heart started beating faster, and I could feel the heat coming from him. He peeled himself away from me, though, and I pouted disappointed. 

"We still have a criminal to catch, you moron" he said, and turned around to the street. I followed. 

It didn't take long to see what all the fuss was about. People were running away from someone who stood in the middle of the road, his skin...glowing? The only way I can describe it for you, is that it looked like he was burning up from the inside. 

[It's getting hot in here]
Oh, I know this song...
[So take off all your clothes]
I glanced at Spider-Man.
"Maybe later". He looked at me, but said nothing. He never questioned why I was always talking to the boxes - or, how it'd look like for him; talking to myself. 

Cars were on fire all around Adam Long, and the closer we got to him, it felt like we were walking towards the sun.

"What are you?" Spider-Man asked. 

"Nothing that can't be killed" I said, and pointed a gun at Adam. But of course, right as I was about to pull the trigger, Spider-Man dragged the gun out of my hands using his web. Right. He was here to stop me from killing. 

"Aww, isn't he adorable?" Adam cooed, making a heart with his hands. Spider-Man shot a web out around the guy's hands, but it was like it just melted through him.

"What the..." He was cut off by a wave of heat hitting him, so strong that it knocked him off his feet. I looked at Adam.

"Okay, that's pretty neat" I commented. "Unfortunately, I don't like you". I took out my katanas and ran towards him, ignoring how it felt like my skin was on fire. What was up with this guy? How could he send out shock waves of heat like that, knocking a poor guy off his feet, and burning us all up? 

I swung my katanas towards him, but he grabbed them with his bare hands mid-air. Before he could melt the steel, I dragged them out of his grip, making him hiss in pain as I cut his palms. That's what you get, y'know. Don't play with knives, kids.

I ran past him as he was distracted by his own pain, and my katanas made contactwith his back. It made a deep cut, but not lethal, and I retracted my weapons and backed away from him a bit. Sweat was dripping off me, it felt like the world was closing in, and my vision was going blurry. But, I realized, the more hurt he got, the less powerful he became.

"C'mon, Adam, no need for the discussion to get so heated" Spider-Man suddenly said, and the walking fireplace turned his attention to him instead. 

"My name isn't Adam" he said. "It's...Heatwave". Oh, really now? With the dramatic pause and everything?

I coughed.

"Uh, hate to correct you, but that name's already been taken". Adam turned around to face me.

"What?" he blinked.

"C'mon, you can do better than that. He's not even Marvel". Now both Adam and Spidey were staring at me. It was getting hard to breathe because of the heat, but I didn't move.

"...Then I shall be Firefly" Adam growled. I made a noise sounding similar to the sound you hear when you answer wrong on a quizgame on TV.

"That's from Batman".

"Batman?" Spider-Man said, raising an eyebrow. 

"Look, Adam, dear; do you wanna fight, or argue over nicknames for you?" I asked, itching to get out of my suit. I was melting away. Adam smirked.

"I told you, my name isn't Adam" he repeated. Yes, I got that, thank you. But you're also not DC, so stop stealing their villains' names-
"I am Heat Lamp!"

I shared a look with Spider-Man. Was this guy for real? Heat Lamp? Out of all lame names he could have chosen, he came up with Heat Lamp? 

"Okay, that's lamer than anything DC's come up with. Even Green Lantern is better than that."

Before I could say anything else, Adam-woops, sorry, I mean Heat Lamp-was levitating in the air, and suddenly he took off towards God knows where, knocking me out with the heat he left.

He definitely topped the list of weirdos in my rogue gallery. 

********

A/N, please read: Honestly I'm not a fan of superpowers such as flying, but for some reason I really want "Heat Lamp" to fly xD So, I'm asking YOU guys; would you like to see a flying dude in this story or not? Cause if you think it's lame, I'll edit this and he won't fly xD

Also, what do you think about this villain? He's still a work in progress, but I didn't want someone from the original Marvel comics so I created my own ^^ hope you'll like him (or hate, since you know, evil)