Chapter 1

A/N: So this is my second story on Wattpad, but I haven't finished the first one yet!! I'm basing this story in America, so if I get any words wrong, please let me know, and I'll correct it straight away. Thanks, and I hope you enjoy the story x

CHAPTER 1

"That's it Charlotte we've had enough of you, you're going to America" my so-called mother screamed at me

"Oh yeah? Where am I going to stay then?" I yelled back

"With your Uncle Dave and your cousins, and you'll be there for two years, hopefully you'll be straightened out by then" she shrieked

"I'll start and pack then, and by the way my name is Charlie" I sneered

"For goodness sake! Your name is Charlotte not Charlie, who do you think you are, some rebel 16 year old?" My Dad yelled

"That's exactly what I am, why don't you ask the 18 schools that have expelled me, huh? I retorted. And with that I ran upstairs to pack. After four hours my bags were all packed, I had a grand total of eight bags, filled with clothes, toiletries, and all my stuff in general. I lugged it all downstairs, and met my parents by the door.

"The taxi should be here in five minutes" mum said quietly

"Well I'll wait outside for it then" I replied with bitterness in my voice.

"Don't be like this honey" dad spoke softly

"Be like what? Slightly angry, no scrap that; damn mad that shipping me off to America to stay with some people I've only met once for two years?" I yelled

"The taxis here get in" Dad growled

So with that I got in the taxi, along with my eight bags, and began the long drive to Gatwick Airport in London. When we arrived I checked in all my bags, and went through security until I was in the duty free area. Even though I hated shopping, I looked around the stores, and brought myself a cool skateboard, and decided that I would learn how to board, as it had always looked fun. You might have wondered how I afforded a brand new skateboard, well my other uncle was really rich, and he left me £100,000 in a bank account. Now I've explained that to you my flight is boarding, so I best be off to my new life in America, doesn't it sound so... Cliché?

Well after a very long flight, I finally arrived in California, I could see my Uncle waiting for me at the bottom of the plane steps, I recognised him from photos around the house. As I climbed down the steps, Uncle Dave smiled at me, but I just gave him my best glare. He stayed quiet. We went through customs, and got my bags in silence. When we got into the car the lovely silence was broken.

"So, ummm, I'm your Uncle Dave, but you can call me Dave" he began awkwardly

"I know, I'm Charlotte, but if you call me that, I will not hesitate to kill you, call me Charlie"

"Okay then" he replied. There was a moment of awkward silence.

"Look, it's not like me to apologise, so I'm going to do it in advance. I'm sorry if I seem moody or nasty, it's just that, that's me, and no offence, but I would rather be in England with my so-called parents, and to be honest with you, don't think I'm going to of gone all soft or anything, I'm just going to try to behave around you at home and stuff" I spoke quickly and quietly. Dave chuckled.