Chapter 8

My eyelashes fluttered open, and I rolled out of bed, literally; it was quite painful actually, as I landed on a hard wood floor that wasn’t covered by a rug, unlike the flooring about a metre away from me. When I brought myself to stand up, I noticed another pink, girly outfit set out by the door to my en suite bathroom. Rolling my eyes, I wandered into the bathroom, had a shower and got myself ready for the day ahead, which included putting on the cream, high wasted shorts and a pink crop top. I thought it was a bit revealing for school, but Lau had assured me it would be fine, so I went along with her; after all she is the fashion expert out of the two of us.

My first lesson was Geography which was really boring, but in that class there was Jack, and Alexis, who I was continually talking to. They spent the first half and hour teasing me about being friend zoned by Parker, I ignored them for all of half a minute but then I got too bored listening to the teacher so I sparked up conversation of plans for the weekend. Eventually the lesson finished and I left them to go to Spanish class where I had to sit next to Carter. At the end of Spanish I had two bruises forming on my arm, but Carter had more than five on the way, so I wasn’t overly bothered because it meant I had won our little fist fight. I next had Chemistry, and I couldn’t possibly cope with another lesson, so I figured I would go for a quick smoke off campus. Leaning against the chain link fence opposite the school’s entrance, I took a long, relaxing crag of the cigarette, and I immediately felt lighter and easier going.

“Hey, Charlie is that you?” a voice I recognised called through the gates. I didn’t reply as I didn’t want to get in trouble if it was a teacher. The figure that called out to me slowly began to jog over, it was only when the figure was about twenty metres away, and I recognised it was Parker. “Whoah, I didn’t know you smoked” he exclaimed looking worried.

“I don’t” he opened his round mouth to fire a witty remark back at me, but I cut him off before he could. “What I mean is, I’m not addicted, I don’t smoke that often, it’s just to relax that’s all, don’t get your panties in a twist” I finished, really hoping to get back to my cigarette and not have Parker continue to question me. He seemed to get the surly vibe I was giving off, and turned on his heel, and began to walk back to school.

“Just don’t do it too often, for me, yeah?” he called and then continued on his walk back to school, without waiting for my reply. I finished that cigarette, and started another one, feeling the stress slowly starting to seep back into my bones. Eventually I decided I should probably go to Chemistry, as I didn’t want more detentions; I already had about two months’ worth to do as I kept skipping them.

I meandered down the hallways, and entered the classroom to find no Dr Saville, it must have been my lucky day. Quickly, I strode down the aisle in between the benches, getting many appreciative looks from the boys, due to my revealing attire. Plopping down next to a sniggering Carter, I pondered “Where the hell is the teacher?” with such a tone of contempt in my voice, it even amazed me.

“Just gone out to photocopy some worksheets, I thought he was going to have a coronary when saw you weren’t here. Wait, have you been smoking? You smell of smoke” Carter’s voice changed from a friendly tone to one of suspicion; luckily I didn’t have to answer his question as the lovely Dr Saville waltzed into the room right then.

“You” his eyes narrowed and he glared in my direction “You, Charlotte Cassidy have missed every single one of the detentions I gave you, and now you turn up to lessons just before it ends! How dare you?” he gestured with his hands flying in different directions like and angry Frenchman, I decided his question was rhetorical, so I didn’t answer it, just nodded back at him. “Get to the heads office now!” he shrieked, the green vein in his neck pulsating through his thin layer of pale skin.

“Gladly” I replied and left the room.  I wasn’t bothered about going to the head’s office, he couldn’t expel me yet, I knew the protocol for this, as I’d been in this situation many times. I reached the head’s office and knocked on the door.

“Yes, come in” he called, so I opened the door, and strutted into the room, oozing confidence. I seated myself in one of the plush leather chairs and prepared to be told off. “So what have you done this time? Oh, and don’t worry, I know all about your expulsions, and run in with drugs” he began, the fact that he knew about what I’d done in England worried me, but I brushed it off, deciding to be completely honest, I began to answer him.

“Well, I’ve been given two weeks of afterschool detentions from Chemistry, I’ve received thirteen other detentions from other lessons, all of which I’ve missed, I skipped school about two days ago, and I’ve been rude and disruptive in lessons” I finished; quite pleased with the amount of trouble I’d caused in my five days of being here. The headmaster frowned at me and the amount of trouble I’d caused.

“I really thought you’d behave this time, but I’ve had many visits and e-mails from numerous teachers, and so I’m left to suspend you for three days. And before you make some smartass remark about it being the weekend tomorrow, you’ll be expected to return to school on Wednesday” he finished, actually looking quite disappointed in me, as though he cared.

“How many times do I have to be suspended to be expelled?” it was curiosity that sparked me to ask the question, and my desire to be badly behaved until the last threads were remaining.

“The eighth time you are suspended you will be asked to not return” he finished, I nodded; the school seemed pretty relaxed on rules really, I’m sure I can manage two years here. I was eventually released and instructed to go straight home, but of course I didn’t. I went and found the classes my friends were in to let them know; so that was French, History, and Maths. Each time I barged into a classroom I yelled out ‘I’ve been suspended, so I’ll see you at the beach tonight’ and I mean yelled; the poor French teacher almost had a heart attack. The school couldn’t tell me off though, as I’d been suspended already. I ditched my books in my locker and then jogged out to the silver convertible and began to drive it back to the house.

A/N: Soooo, what do you think?? It's quite short, I know, but I'm really busy, as it's almost Christmas, so yeah, Happy Christmas!! Also if you want me to read your books, the just let me know, and I will!! Remember to vote and stuff to keep me motivated!! x