Chapter 4

I think Tyler realised that I would need some friends who were girls, so after art he took me off to meet someone. That someone turned out to be Jess. I later found out that she is one of the ‘elites’ and is the captain of the volleyball team but she hangs around with the cheerleaders, but she is nothing like them, she wasn’t as mean as them, and she had a tendency to backchat the teachers. Jess is really petite, and is very thin, she has long blonde wavy hair and blue eyes, she likes to surf too, and she's really tanned, she's basically your typical Californian girl really. We found Jess by her locker, with the head cheerleader Chrissy, chatting about a soccer game she watched last Friday, as soon as Chrissy laid eyes on me, she smiled brightly, apparently she wasn’t the type to hold grudges, luckily for me.

"Hey Jess, Chrissy, this is Charlie, your new best friend" and with that short introduction Tyler waltzed off, leaving us to our ‘girl talk.

After Tyler left us with that short introduction, things got awkward pretty quickly, so Jess decided to start a conversation.

"So you're from England right?"

"Yup, but my parents sent me over here to make me behave" I replied bitterly

"Ooh I'm getting a wild child vibe!" Chrissy exclaimed with a bright smile, wow, earlier today she was ready to kill me.

"Yeah, it's something like that" I trailed off.

"So, we have no homework since it’s the first day and all, so let’s show Charlie the beach!" Jess spoke quickly with unlimited amounts of enthusiasm.

"Right, shall I meet you at the pier then?" I asked

"Yep that'd be cool, see you soon!" Chrissy called over her shoulder. And with that, they got into Chrissy's convertible, and I climbed into my bike, and began the short ride to the pier. After swooping around the streets, and zipping through the main town, I reached the pier; I parked my bike, and saw the girls' convertible pull up next to me.

"Here's your bikini, you need a tan honey, now, go change in the toilets" Chrissy instructed, thrusting a two small pieces of neon pink fabric at me, let’s just say, it wasn't quite my idea of a fashion item. We walked to the bathrooms, and quickly changed in separate cubicles, and then headed out to the beach, as we passed the parking lot, I noticed one of the boys' bikes, and their convertible, meaning they must be here too.