Chapter 14

I couldn’t believe it, I had just surfed my first ever wave!

“That’s it for today Charlie then, we’ll come out here again tomorrow!” Dave yelled over the water, and I had to nod in agreement. As much as I wanted to catch another wave, it was impossible because my limbs felt like heavy pieces of lead, which were trying to drag me down. So I paddled into the shore and took my leash off, leaving the board at the water’s edge, I went over to the crew ready to be congratulated.

“Well done babe, you did great!”

“Awww I’m so proud of you hun!”

“Ickle wittle Charlie knows how to surf, my, my, my isn’t she growing up”

“Sweet, I got that on camera, congrats!”

I was hugged in turn by each of my friends, despite being soaking wet from the sea. There was a permanent grin plastered across my face, and it felt like nothing in the world could remove it.

“Let’s get you inside, I bet you’re getting cool now!” someone exclaimed and dragged me off into the house. I went up into my room to shower and change, and I was followed by Chrissy, Jess, Emma, and Alexis.

After my shower, I pulled on another pair of jean shorts and a flannel shirt, and went into my room to find the girls chilling out on my bed and chatting.

“Hey guys, how was school?” I asked with a smirk, knowing that it was probably boring as hell without me.

“Ugh, it was like totally boring babe, we missed you so much!” Chrissy drawled in my direction why scrolling down on her phone.

“Yeah, like totes” Emma seconded, it was so hard not to laugh at how they spoke, it really was, but who even says totes when you’re not saying in a text?

“Let’s go downstairs, I’m bored now” Jess moaned, so we traipsed downstairs to find the boys chilling out in the garden with a bottle of beer in each of their hands.

“Someone get me vodka?” I whined

“Dude, it’s school tomorrow, you don’t want to be hung over!” Parker called over to me from the other side of the ring we’d sat in.

“I don’t have school though” I answered with a smirk, enjoying the fact that I could rub their face in the fact that I had school and they didn’t.

“You lucky girl” Tyler whined “I wish I could spend my school time surfing!” he continued, pulling a really bad puppy dog face at me. I responded to this with a wink and a smirk in his direction.

Matt handed me a glass of coke and vodka, I took a large swig and leant back on the soft green grass. We didn’t really talk much, we just sat there quietly, observing our surroundings; well, I did, the others were all doing their homework whilst drinking beer, and being in everyone’s company. Eventually it turned dark outside, so we went into the house. The crew had to go back to their separate homes, so they all left, with a promise to come over again tomorrow evening, so we could all chill out together again.

After a fairly quiet dinner we all went to bed, and I couldn’t help but look forward to the next few days of surfing…

I woke up bright and early as I was used to being up at this time to get ready for school, so I decided to get out of bed and get ready to surf again. I couldn’t wait, I was so excited. Leaving my room in just my bikini I hopped down the stairs to receive a few wolf whistles from the hall of the house, stopping in my tacks I snapped my neck to see who it was.

“Well, here I am, being the good friend I am picking up my friends to take them to school, and then I see this!” Tyler’s recognisable accent drawled as I walked over to him.

“We never, ever tell anyone about this, understood?” I hissed at him, feeling absolutely mortified, I was perfectly comfortable with my body, I was just embarrassed that I hadn’t realised Tyler was here. Slowly he stepped towards me, leaving less than six inches between us.

“Too late” he whispered into my ear, turning around he tossed a careless smirk over his shoulder, as he walked out of the house. That boy really annoyed me sometimes.

Forgetting the whole incident I continued on my way and grabbed my morning coffee, whilst sipping the energy boosting drink, I meandered down the garden and into the surfing shed to find the surfboard from yesterday. Eventually I found it, it was sitting neatly against the wall with all of the other long boards. I grabbed some surf wax from one of the shelves and began to methodically rub the wax onto the board.

Once I was done, Dave still wasn’t awake, and I thought he must be jetlagged so I decided to get some practice in before he came down to the beach to continue teaching me.

I gracefully paddled out to sea and sat on my board, searching for any waves on the horizon. Eventually I could see that there were a couple of sets building up, so I lay down on the board and began to paddle.

This continued until the sun was high in the sky; surfing the beach break over and over until I had perfected the routine. I was enjoying myself so much that I hadn’t notice Dave sat on the beach, watching my progress with a smile upon his face. Upon seeing him, I quickly caught a wave in and staggered out of the water up to where he was sat with his board.

“Look at you being the eager student” he teased, poking me in the side.

“Yeah, I think I’ve mastered the art of surfing now!” I exclaimed happily, to which he shook his head.

“No, you’ve got to get down to a short board and be able to do a few tricks before you’ve mastered it” he responded. “Try this board for a bit” he continued, gesturing to the fish board beside him; it was shaped differently to the other board, but I still couldn’t wait to give it a try. So I picked up the board and tucked it under my arm to carry it down to the water. I slowly paddled out, still trying to get used to the feeling of this new board underneath me.

A/N: Thanks for reading, you're all amazing!! can we try to get 80 votes on the story?? Thanks x