Chapter 26

I woke up rubbing the sleep from my eyes, and got out of bed. Today, Dave and Lau were in Paris so for the weekend we were alone, five kids in a massive house, throwing the party of the year; and I couldn’t wait. After showering and getting dressed I went downstairs into the kitchen, where preparations were well under way; the boys were beginning to get out many bottles of alcohol and kegs of beer from the cellars.

“Maybe we should put some of the valuable stuff away so no one breaks it?” I suggested, in my past experiences, I’d seen way to many nice vases and ornaments get broken because of wild house parties.

“That’s a good idea, I think Dad would go mental if we broke anything” Gus agreed.

“Wait, Gus, you’re going to be at the party?” I asked, I would expect Nate, Carter and Matt to be there, but not Gus, he seemed a bit young to be getting drunk and partying.

“God no!” he exclaimed “I’m going out with my friends tonight, but I’m helping to sort everything out for tonight” he explained to me whilst continuing to line up bottles on the counter.

“Helping you say?” Matt questioned.

“Helping my ass, I’ve had to pay him fifty bucks to get him to help” Carter muttered, causing us all to laugh at him, only Carter would pay his brother to help us get ready for a party.

We spent the next two hours lining up various bottles of liquor, clearing away anything breakable and locking the rooms that we didn’t need upstairs. Eventually we’d finished getting ready and it was time for lunch.

“Man, let’s go out for lunch, then we can get food for tonight too” Nate suggested, so like little puppies we followed him out of the house and got on our bikes. I was at the back of our little convoy, so there was no way I could get lost on the way to Huntington Beach town.

After about half an hour we arrived in a car park, so I clambered off my bike like the others and we went off in search of the boardwalk to grab some lunch.

“Oh let’s get Mexican!” Nate yelled from ahead of us, clearly he’d found a Mexican restaurant up ahead of us. I couldn’t care less what we ate, I was starving and wanted to get something to eat so I led the way to the little restaurant Nate had just entered.

Inside the restaurant it smelt of spice and tequila; clearly owned by a Mexican person. I found Nate sat at a table reading the menu so the rest of us went over and began to decide what we wanted to eat.

“HI there, what can I get you?” a waiter asked us with a thick Spanish accent

“Id like the chicken Enchilada with hot sauce please”

“Ooooh, same”

“I’ll have the pork burrito with chilli beans”

“I’ll have a beef fajita please”

“And I’ll have the chicken nuggets” Carter finished, we all turned to stare at him. “I don’t like Mexican food” he shrugged.