Chapter 20

I was at school bright and early, as was Tyler. It was Friday morning and about five minutes before people would be heading to their first class through the busy corridors. Timing was essential in this prank.

I was situated in the janitor’s closet clutching onto a walkie talkie. Tyler was in the boy’s changing room holding onto our prank, and as soon as the bell went, I was to contact Tyler so he could release the prank.

The bell went off. “Release Daisy. I repeat release Daisy. Over” I spoke hurriedly into the microphone.

“All systems go. Over.” Tyler replied to me. We were not messing about by using the walkie talkies, the timing of this prank was essential; if we got it wrong, our cover would be blown. I could hear the students leaving the homerooms near to the closet.

“Daisy has been released. Over.” I heard Tyler’s voice say. That was my cue to leave the closet. Hurriedly I left the closet and joined in with the bustling stream of students. I made my way downstairs and the closer I got to the boy’s changing room, I began to see panicked students and people screaming, running away from the area. A slow smile spread across my face as I saw our plan falling into place.

I hurried down the corridors, wanting to get out of the school before I was caught. I caught sight of Daisy running around the corridors terrorising the student body. Getting out of the cow’s way I ran down the corridors now, I was sure that the principle must have heard about the cow running through the school’s busy corridors causing trouble and terrorising the innocent students who were trying to get to their classes.

Bursting out of the school’s front entrance, I saw Tyler leaning against his motorcycle, as soon as he saw me, he returned my giddy smile. Now, it was time for our getaway. He swung his leg over the bike whilst I was still approaching. Upon reaching his bike, I gracefully hopped onto the back of it and encircled my arms around Tyler’s waist and we shot off, out of the school’s campus.

We rode down the roads, twisting and turning until we reached Newport Beach after about half an hour on the motor cycle. Tyler pulled into a parking lot, and we got off the bike.

“I need coffee” I sighed with a smile on my face. Tyler looked down at me and smiled.  We walked into the centre of Newport ad meandered down the boardwalk until we came across a café that we like the look off. We entered Lucy’s Surf Café and were greeted by the rich smell of roasting coffee beans and Danish pastries. I found some comfy chairs while Tyler went to order our coffee and cakes. After ordering, Tyler came over and sat down and we patiently waited for our food and drinks to be brought over whilst checking our social networking sites. Eventually our food and drinks arrived.

“Well, I think that went quite well” Tyler’s accent drawled in my direction.

“Definitely! It was brilliant!” I replied, noticing how my crisp British accent contrasted with his heavy Californian one.

I took a slurp of my coffee and relaxed in the bliss and warmth it offered. After we’d finished our coffees we went and chilled out on the beach; we’d both been organised and brought out swim wear with us, so I topped up my tan, whilst Tyler played beach volleyball against the local boys.

Throughout the afternoon, we entertained ourselves by swimming, playing volleyball, tanning, chatting and annoying each other. Overall it was a great day, but the best part of it was definitely the cow prank. Many people had been in touch asking if it was us that let the cow loose, but we didn’t respond to them. And I figured that if people we don’t really know had worked out it was us who set the cow loose; then the principle was almost certain to guess it had been Tyler and I.

There would be all hell to face on Monday but in the meantime, we had the weekend to face, and I had a feeling that Chrissy had planned something big for us all to do.

A/N: heyyy! loads of updates today :) can we get 1000 reads?? and 80 Votes?? Thanks  x