Chapter Ten: Baby Peter

Steve woke up to the sounds of Peter crying through the baby monitor. Steve groaned and sat up, and slowly made his way down the hall. He walked into Peter's room and looked into Peter's crib. "Hey baby boy... Shh papa's here... Shh..." Steve said and picked him up, slowly rocking Peter in his arms as he walked into the kitchen to get some baby milk. He filled a bottle and sat down in a chair while feeding Peter. He sang softly to Peter as he smiled down as his brown eyed baby.
     Tony leaned on the wall as he watched his husband sing their baby to sleep. He smiled and walked over to Steve. "He ok now?" "Yeah, Peter's fine. It feels like only yesterday I was carrying him around inside of me.." Tony smiled at the memories that had happened a few months ago. "Yes, but he's so amazing here with us.. Just as beautiful as you." Tony said and kissed the top of Steve's head. Steve smiled and stood up. They walked back to Peter's room and laid the baby down into his bed, and dimmed his nightlight. They snuck out of Peter's room and walked back into their own. Steve laid next to Tony, and smiled. "Hey Tony?" "Yes babe?" "Remember that night when you told me to sleep in your bed with you?" "You mean the moment I realized my feelings for you? Yeah I remember that." "Did you every think... You'd be here in this moment?" Tony rolled over to look into Steve's beautiful blue eyes, and smiled. "Never in a million years did I think I'd be married and an amazing man, who was able to give me my first child. But I would never want to change anything that happened. Because I love you, so very much Steve, and Peter is just amazing." Tony said and pulled Steve closer. Steve smiled and kissed Tony's nose. "You know, a few weeks from now will be Peter's first Christmas. Oh! And since you have a meeting tomorrow, I'm taking Peter to SHIELD to meet Bucky." "Ok Sweetheart, let's try to get some sleep before Peter wakes up again." Tony said and fell asleep.
      Tony woke up the next morning to find Steve out of bed, and he heard giggling of a baby down the hall. He smiled and stood up from his bed, and hurried to get ready. Once he was, he walked out and saw Steve fully dressed, and was dressing Peter. "Morning Tony." Steve said while burping Peter. "Morning sweetheart, and good morning to you squirt." Tony said and kissed the top of Peter's head. Peter laughed and grabbed Tony's hand with his own. "Here, hold him while I make you something to eat." Steve said and walked into the kitchen.
     Steve came back with some pancakes, and saw the faces Tony was making to get Peter to laugh. "Are you recording this Jarvis?" Steve asked and set the pancakes on the table. "Yes sir." The AI said. "Ba ba!" Peter said and grabbed Tony's beard. "Say dada Peter. Come on, you can do it." Tony said and lifted him into the air. "Ba... Dada!" Peter shouted as Steve and Tony gasped. "That's my boy!" Tony said and tossed Peter into the air. Steve grabbed Peter from Tony and smiled. "You should eat before you go to your meeting. I'm going to to pack Peter's diaper bag." Steve said and walked off with the happy Peter.

     Steve walked into SHIELD with a smile on his face as he carried Peter. People smiled at Peter, who was confused for why he was here. "Bucky!" Steve called at his friend, who was talking with Rhodey. "Stevie! What's up- Is that Peter? Holy crap he's huge." "That's what happened we you haven't seen him in four months. Peter, say hi to Uncle Bucky." Steve said and looked down at his baby. Peter looked at Bucky and reached his hands out. "What is he doing?" "That means he wants you to hold him." "What?! No Steve I can't- Ok you're not listening." Bucky said as Steve handed Peter to him. He held Peter out and looked at him. "He's staring at me Steve." "He's a baby Bucky." Steve said with a roll of his eyes. Peter looked at Bucky's arm and then at Bucky. "Ba ba!" "Uh.... Hello Petey..." Bucky said and smiled even though he was nervous as hell. "He likes you Buck." Steve said with a smile. "Please take him back Steve. I might hurt him." Bucky said and handed Peter back. "Don't worry Bucky. You won't hurt Peter. Anyways, we're having a Christmas party for this little guy and we want you to come. Will you? Oh, and Rhodey, you're invited too." Steve said with a smile. Bucky sighed, but nodded. "Yeah I'll be there." "Thank you Bucky. How about some lunch? What do you think Peter?" "Ababa ba!"
     Tony returned home later that night to the sound of Thor's booming laugh. He walked into the room to see Peter clapping his hands at the puppet show Clint was doing. It seemed as though Thor was entertained as well.
    "There you are!" Steve said to Tony and kissed his cheek. "How did it go with Barns?" "He said he was going to come. He didn't feel very comfortable with holding Peter, but he'll be ok after a little while. Clint wanted to do a puppet show for Peter and well... Then you came." Steve said and looked at Peter. Peter turned his head and smiled big when he saw Tony. "Dada!" "He squirt!" Tony said and picked him up. Peter laughed and hugged Tony, who happily hugged him back. "Who's that?" Tony asked and looked at Steve. "Mama!" Clint snorted and Thor smiled. "We'll keep working on that Peter." Steve said, a small blush on his face. He took Peter from Tony and placed him into a small rocking chair. "Jarvis, please play Peter's baby cartoons." Steve said as him and Tony went into the kitchen. "So babe, what for dinner?" Tony asked and hugged Steve from behind. Steve smiled and and opened the fridge. "I was thinking tacos. What about you?" "Anything you make will taste amazing." Tony said with a smile.
     Steve finished their dinner as the other avengers joined. "I'll be back in a second, I have to go feed Peter." Steve said and left the room. Tony smiled and looked at the other avengers. "What?" "You know Tony... I remember when you told Steve that you didn't think you could take care of a baby." Bruce said and took a bite of his taco. "Well I believed I couldn't. But now that I'm a father.. I think I've got the hang of it."

(time skip)

     It was Christmas, and Tony woke up to a sweet smell. "Steve..." He said and walked out. Steve was sitting on the floor, with avengers who were all watching Peter. "Morning sleepy head." Clint said as Tony entered. "Bucky and Rhodey are on their way." Steve said and set Peter on his stomach on the floor. "Morning stinker. Merry Christmas." Tony said and kneeled down so Peter could see him. Peter laughed and smiled at Tony. "Dada! Dada!" "That's right kiddo." "Sir, Mr. Barns and Mr. Rhodey have arrived." "Let them in." Tony told Jarvis. "Merry Christmas!" Rhodey said and Bucky smiled. "Glad you two could make it. Now it's time for presents!" Steve said happily. Tony smiled, and watched Peter open his presents. This parenting thing should be a piece of cake.