Chapter Sixteen: Like father, Like daughter.

Sapphire stared at the door. Papa and daddy had to go on a mission, and Petey was at school. Uncle Rhodey and Aunt Pepper where in the living room talking about Stark business.
     Sapphire walked away from the door and down the hall. She had to think of something to play.... Maybe a game that papa or daddy would play! Papa went to the training room, but she wasn't aloud to go there. Daddy always went to that lab. Maybe she could play in there.
     She ran down to the door and walked inside. Her eyes widened and she looked around with a smile. There was so much to do! But what first?
    She walked over to daddy's desk and looked at it. Tools and scrap metal. She placed her dolly down and picked up the tools. She recognized them, but didn't know why. She picked up the scrap metal and started to play around with it.

     Sapphire put goggles on that her daddy used and kept building away. She whipped the sweat from her forehead and grabbed the blow torch. She turned it on and used it on the metal. It was finished. She lifted it up and smiled at it. It was a helmet just like her daddy's. She looked around and saw some red and blue paint by the car and smiled. She grabbed the brush from it and started to paint away.
     "Sapphire!" Aunt Pepper called and ran inside, with Daddy and Papa behind her. "Papa! Daddy!" Sapphire said and stood up. She was covered with paint, oil, and sweat. "Oh Sapphire! Look at you..." "Looky what I made!" Sapphire said and held up her mask. Tony kneeled down to her and held it. "You made this?" "Yeah! I thought I could. You likey?" "It's amazing princess.. Let Papa take you to get cleaned ok?" Sapphire nodded and smiled as she followed Steve out of the lab.
     Tony looked the mask and smiled. "Looks like she's got my inventor side."

     Steve brushed Sapphire's hair while she talked about her day. "And that's when you and daddy came home." She finished as Steve put her hair into two ponytails. "That's great sweety. But next time, tell who's watching you where you're going." "Ok papa." Sapphire said and hugged him. Steve carried her out to the living room, to see Tony back with Peter.
    Tony was looking at the mask that Sapphire built, with a smile on his face. "We should get her a building kit for her 3rd birthday." "I don't know Tony... She could get hurt. I'm worried sick about her." Steve said as he set the table. "But she didn't get hurt. She must have seen me wear protection in building and used mine." "I- ok, ok you can get her a kit, but no using it until she knows how. You're going to teach her." "I plan to." Tony said and kissed Steve's cheek.
     Sapphire wore her mask and looked at Peter. "What do you think Petey?" "It's awesome! Maybe dad will let you build more!" "Papa seemed scared when he saw me playing daddy's game. But maybe. Daddy seemed happy." Sapphire said and took her mask off. "Dinner!" Steve called from the kitchen. "I'll beat you there!" "No fair Petey!"