Chapter Nineteen: Powers

Peter and Sapphire ran through the halls of their high school, trying to make it to class on time. They made it inside as the bell rang and then fist bumped each other. "Looks like we made it.." Sapphire huffed out as they sat in their desk next to each other.
Sapphire had skipped 2 grades until she a Peter were starting as freshmen in high school. It never bother Peter that his sister was his closest friend, or that people would pick on them for behind nerds and stuff.
"Hey Petey~." A voice whispered in his ear behind him. He turned his head and looked at the person. "I had a feeling it was you Wade.." "The one and only." He said and kissed Peter's cheek. Sapphire snickered as Peter's face turned red. "Would you quit that? Why do you always do that?" "Because it's cute when you blush." Wade said and then leaned back in his seat. "Just admit it Peter, you like him." Sapphire said and poked his cheek. "Shut up." He mumbled and crossed his arms, face and ears red.
Sapphire giggled as Peter pushed his glasses up his nose. Peter's eyes glanced at the door, the he lowered his head. Flash, Peter's bully, had entered the room. Sapphire glared at Flash, who only smirked at her. "Ignore him Peter.. He won't do anything to you as long as Wade and I are here." Sapphire whispered to her brother and started to write notes.

Lunch time came around and Peter had just took a seat under the tree at the outside eating area. He pulled out his lunch and smiled at the picture his pops had drew for him. He folded the picture and put it into his pants pocket before pulling out his lunch. 'Hotdogs and chips.' Peter thought and started to eat. "Hey Peter!" His sisters voice called out as she walked over with a tray. She sat down and started to eat, when Flash came along. "Hey Parker.." "Hello Flash.." Peter mumbled and put his lunch away. He wasn't going to finished it anyways... Which would make his dad's worry again. He stood up and looked at Flash, who only punched him. "BACK OFF FLASH!" Sapphire yelled at him and pushed him back from Peter. She only received a punch to the jaw from one of Flash's friends.
Peter flinched at it, and tried to fight back. The fight only landed him and Sapphire in the nurses office. "Third time this week..." The nurse mumbled and shooed them out of her room. But by this time, they had been use to it. It happened almost all the time. Today was like any other day. Until Peter got a letter from the principle.
"Pops! Dad! We're home!" Sapphire called out, messing with the bandaid on her nose. "Hey kids! How was your day?" Steve asked from the kitchen, obviously cooking something. "It was ok, but it just got even better! I've been invited to cheek out Osborn tech! Isn't that great?!!" Peter said happily and jumped up and down with excitement. Steve smiled and hugged him, then took the letter to look at it.
"That's amazing Peter. When is it?" "Tomorrow, on Saturday." Peter said and smiled. Steve kissed the top of Peter and Sapphire's head, and smiled at his children. Then he noticed the bandages. "What are those from?" "Hm? O-
Oh... We- um.. Tripped.." Sapphire answered and rubbed her neck.
Steve could tell she was lying, Tony did that when he was lying. But he didn't push it any farther. "You should tell your father. Get him to sign the paper." Steve said and went back to dinner. Peter nodded and rushed off to Tony's lab.
"Dad?" Peter called out once he entered the lab. Tony looked up at his son and smiled. "Hey Peter. What's that you've got there?" "I've been invited to Osborn tech tour. Can you please sign it? I really, really, really wanna go." Peter said and held out the paper, using his big brown eyes to get Tony to melt. He couldn't say no. "Oh alright." Tony said and signed the paper. Peter hugged Tony before running off to find his sister. Tony chuckled and sat back in his chair.

The next day Tony helped Peter get ready, and then dropped him off at his destination. Peter walked through the building and looked at every possible thing he could. He got side tracked and ended up in the weird blue lit room. He felt something bite his neck and saw a spider. He brushed the others off his shoulders and hurried off to find the group he had been traveling with.
The day had been going great, only thing wrong was Peter's neck stung. He left earlier and messaged Tony to pick him up. Tony took him home and Peter told them everything. All but the spider bite, it wasn't a big deal.

Peter walked into the gym room and saw the other boys playing basketball. The ball then ended up at his feet. He picked it up and Flash walked over. "Give me the ball Parker." He smirked. Peter rolled his eyes and held out the ball. Flash went to grab it, but it was stuck. Peter looked surprised as Flash tried to pull it off his hand. "Let go Parker!" Peter wanted to say 'I did!' but he had a bad feeling. Flash them aimed a punch at Peter's head, and he somehow felt it coming. He dodged it and then dodged the other players. He dribbled the ball, the jumped up and dunked it in, breaking the glass on the backboard.

"How on earth did you break the backboard?" Tony asked on their drive home. "I don't know.." Peter mumbled, still in shock about how much strength was in the dunk. Tony frowned at Peter's cluelessness, and Sapphire glared at the back of Peter's head. They walked into the tower, and Steve was filled in by Tony. Peter retreated to his room, and didn't know Sapphire had followed him.
Peter placed a hand on the wall, and then it stuck. He tugged his hand off the wall and looked at it. It felt weird... He took off his socks and shoes and placed his feet and hands on the wall. They stuck. He slowly moved up and down the wall, then turned to the door when he heard a gasp. "Holy crap Peter!" She gasped and shut the door. "I don't know!" He said and fell off the roof. "That's so cool! Do you know what this means?!" "No..." "Peter! Powers! You have powers! That's super cool!! Come with me." She said and dragged them to her room/lab. She took Peter's hands and poked at them with a popsicle stick, when she pressed on the wrist and silk shot out. "Holy!" "That's so cool! I have to know what it is!" Sapphire said in a nerdy way. She put it under an analyzer and looked at the results. "Silk... Spider silk."
"Spider- Oh shit..." "Language! And what do you mean?" "I was bit by a spider at Osborn tech...." "Peter... You're like.. A spider freak or something! You can climb, you can shot silk. Your senses should be doubled." She said and took off his glasses. Peter blinked, and the looked around. "Wow.." "This Peter, is the start of something awesome.."

Author's note: Sorry for the lack of updates! I've been busy with school and I've been having writers block. But I'm back on track and I'm going to get back to writing. If you don't already know, I have another avengers story called 'Second Chance.' Update on that is a bit slow because I'm working on this, but I'm getting to a schedule. Thanks for all the reads :3