Chapter Twelve: Another Baby?

Steve whipped his mouth with the back of his hand and leaned back after he flushed the toilet. He hadn't felt like since he was first pregnant with Peter. He stood at the sink and brushed his teeth, then walked out of the bathroom. "Don't tell Tony." Steve told Jarvis before he left the room.
     He made his way to Bruce's lab and looked at him. "Bruce, can you run a test on me? I have a bad feeling..." "Why?" "I've throwing up in the morning... I might be pregnant again.." "How long?" "About a week." Steve said and sat on the exam table. Bruce took a bit of Steve's blood and started to run his tests.
    Once he got the results he looked at Steve. "Well... You're pregnant Steve. Congrats." "Thank you Bruce.. Don't tell Tony.. I will..." Steve got off the exam table and walked out, and then leaned on the wall. 'What am I going to do?! Tony wanted to take this slow... Peter's only one... Oh god I think I'm going to puke.' Steve thought and rushed to the bathroom.
    He finished puking when there was a small knock on the door. "Papa?" "Give me a moment Peter." Steve said and flushed the toilet, then brushed his teeth again. He walked out of the bathroom and looked at Peter. "You ok papa? You sick?" "No Peter... Papa can't get sick. But thank you for worrying about me. Why don't you go play ok?" Peter nodded and ran off, as Steve winced at his back. He stood up and sat down on the couch. He had to tell Tony, but for some reason, he felt scared. 'What if he's mad at me? Will he blame me? No.. Tony wouldn't blame me for anything... But with Peter, I won't be able to help care for him... Ok Steve, take a breather, and calm down..' Steve thought and leaned back on the couch. He felt tired, and soon fell asleep.
     "Daddy?" "Peter? What are you doing down here?" Tony asked and turned his tools off to look at his son. "Can papa get sick?" "No.... Why?" "Papa made funny noise in potty. Papa sick." Peter said. Tony gave Peter a funny look, then stood up. "I'll go check up on Papa, ok? Now go to your room and play." Tony said and pushed Peter out of his lab, and locked the door. He walked out to the living room to see Steve passed out on the couch. Tony sighed and sat down by Steve's feet, which woke him up. "Oh... Hey dear. I thought you were working." "I was, until Peter said you were sick."  Color from Steve's face started to disappear as he looked at his hands. "Steve... You're hiding something from me..." "Tony... Please don't be mad... But I'm... Pregnant.." Steve said and turned his head away from Tony. Tony grabbed his chin, and kissed Steve. "Why would I be mad?" "But.. But.." "Babe, I love Peter and you with all my heart. A second kid would be lovely. I'm not mad." Tony said and kissed Steve's jaw line, then down his neck. "T- Tony.. Not while Peter's up." Steve said and pushed him off. Tony pouted, but agreed.
     That night at dinner, Steve told the avengers the news, and they were all willing to help take care of Peter for Steve and Tony. "You all are so very kind.." "Anything for you Captain. But you'll have to tell Fury." "Tony already did. Fury isn't happy with me, but that was it." "Papa?" "Yes Peter?" "I be a brother?" "Yes baby boy, you'll be a big brother." "Yay! I want brother!" "We'll see Peter." Steve said and looked at his son's brown eyes.