14.

The next morning Olivia purposely got up before her alarm not to wake Elliot. She had no idea what to say to him. She knew this was hard on him but this is the hard part of their relationship. Instead of saying that he loves her, he's slamming doors and leaving sheets between them.
Olivia knew Fin wasn't going to be happy with seeing her at work today, but she couldn't stay home today. Not with things like this between her and Elliot. She had nothing to say to him. It seemed like lately what she says isn't the right thing, ever.

When Olivia showed up in the precinct at 7 a.m. with almost everyone already there, they were surprised. No one knew why, but they all knew that Olivia was not supposed to be at the precinct, let alone at the precinct to work.
Captain Cragen saw her from his office and called her inside.
"Yes?" Olivia asked after she shut the door.
"You shouldn't be here."
"Why not? I'm perfectly fine, there's no pain or anything I'm fine."
"Okay, but emotionally, Olivia, you shouldn't be here. Not just as a health regulation but as a friend, I would advise you to go home at least for today."
"Captain, I'm telling you I am fine, really. I wasn't that far along, I barely had a bump. There wasn't a huge amount of connection, I mean I just found out a couple days ago so I mean it's whatever."
"Oliv-"
"Captain, no I am staying. There is work that needs to be done and I'm here to work, so of you'll excuse me please just let me do my job."
"Fine but you're just doing paperwork, that's it. Just take it easy for a couple days if you are going to work."
"Okay, thank you Captain," Olivia said, standing up and opening the door.
"And Olivia."
"Yeah?"
"I'm sorry for your loss."

Elliot woke up to an empty bed. An empty house. And he couldn't say he was that shocked. He knew what happened the day before was traumatic for the both of them and that this was something that they will need to try and make it through together. This was one of those things where it will break them or bring them closer together and Elliot wanted them to be so much closer than they were at that moment in time.
He went to the kitchen to get some water since his coffee from the night before wasn't on his nightstand, and he saw something that definitely did shock him. Olivia's engagement ring. On the counter. Not with her. Not on her finger.
"What the hell?!" Elliot muddered.
Elliot knew the day before was bad and last night was potentially the worst part of it all but he didn't think it was that bad.
"That's it?! It's over just like that?!" Elliot thought, looking up as if talking to God. "After 10 years of wanting to love her, to be able to actually call her mine, I finally get her and it's just over. Boom, that's it?! What the fuck?!"

Instead of water, Elliot grabbed a beer, opened it and drank half of it.
Elliot couldn't do it. He couldn't imagine his life without her. He already went through the pain and the ache of not having her. He'd rather never have gotten her if this really was going to actually happen.
"Ya know you don't do this to a man! You don't finally give him what he wants then take it away just like that. That's not fair! That's just not something you do to anyone or anything!"

About an hour later, Fin walked in and saw Olivia.
"What the hell are you doing here?!"
"Hey, yeah I'm back," Olivia said, barely looking up from her huge stack of papers.
"Uhm, no you can't be here."
"Well I am Fin, get over it," Olivia said, standing up and walking away. She needed a break. Too many people that day have already come up and asked her what's wrong and she doesn't want to go through it all. Barely anyone really knows about her and Elliot let alone that she was pregnant or that she was engaged.

Standing outside the precinct now, Olivia went to go feel for her engagement ring and realized it wasn't in her finger. "Oh my-" Olivia started, staring at her finger, trying to remember the last time she had it on, when she heard Elliot's voice.
"So would you like to explain why yor engagement ring was on the counter. I mean I know that we had a rough day yesterday and this isn't the easy part of our relationship but I deserve to know why your ring wasn't with you, why it wasn't on your fing-"
"El, let me exp-"
"No, I'm talking, it's my turn!" Elliot said, he took a deep breath and continued, "I've heard a lot about not to plant all that you are into one person because people leave and when and if they do, it'll hurt like hell but I did plant everything in you, a long time ago and I didn't regret it. I still don't and I probably never will. But there was that tiny bit of regret that found its way into me when I saw your ring. We aren't married yet, but marriage is a work in progress with a lifetime contract and if you aren't ready for that then fine. But why would you 1) say yes to me and 2) insist that you were so happy with everything going as fast as its going and that because we have known each other for so long all the ground work is already laid down. Why would you do that if you were just going to bail when we hit a bump in the road. That's not fair to me! You allow me to see the sun where I once saw clouds, I feel you believing in me so much that I start believing in me too. It's like I'm inhaling confidence and exhaling doubt when I'm with you. And when everything with Kathy started going downhill I started to wonder if love is really worth fighting for, and God damn it Olivia, I look at you and I'm ready for war. So if you're just going to leave or you can't make it through something like this, then please just leave now. We will both walk away and try not look back. But Olivia, to be with you, it's all I want. So please tell me that you're not walking away from us. That you're not walking away from me."
Olivia took a moment as if thinking hard about something, and finally replied, "I woke up this morning, quitely so you wouldn't hear me. I got ready and as I was walking out of the bathroom I saw your coffee cup on your nightstand. I gave you a very light kiss on the cheek, whispered 'I love you', grabbed the cup and went to the kitchen to wash it. I must've taken my ring off before I washed it.... Elliot there is no way that I am ever planning on leaving you or us. We may be in a tough place right now but that's okay. We will make it through this. Our relationship may not have been at its best but I'm not giving up. We aren't at the prettiest point in our relationship, but flowers grow on dirt and by the time we're done, we're going to have a meadow baby, I promise you."
They both stood there for a few moments. Both of them lost in each other's eyes.
"Good," Elliot said, smiling.
"Yes, good," Olivia said back, smiling from ear to ear. "Uhm I have to get back t-"
"Oh, right yes, yeah you go and I'll talk to you later."
"Yeah, I'll be home tonight," she said, slowing walking away, not loosing eye contact with him.
"Good," Elliot said, smiling.
"Good," Olivia said again, not wanting to leave him but knew she had to get back inside. Turning around, losing their eye contact, so she could actually make it back inside.
"Hey Liv."
"Yeah?" she asked, turning quickly.
Elliot leaned forward and grabbed her left hand to bring her closer, "I love you," he said, then kissing her. While kissing her, he swiftly putting her engagement ring back onto her finger.
Olivia started laughing, "so smooth," she said half sarcastically.
"It was worth a shot," Elliot said smiling.
"I love you too baby," she said chuckling, walking away.

Fin walked by Olivia's desk and noticed her ring.
"Holy crap."
"What?!?!"
"Your ring.."
"Oh," Olivia said blushing, looking down at her left hand smiling. "Yeah..."
"Lemme ask you something."
"Okay."
"Are you really happy? Like no doubt, you're never walking away from this."
"Yes," Olivia said, whole heartedly and confidently, "I've never been happier with anything or anyone else in my life. Ever. He completes me. Honestly. He's more then just a guy, he is the one that I really am supposed to spend my life with, and honestly there is no one I'd rather spend it with. So yes, Fin, I am extremely, 100%, without any doubt in my mind, estatic," she said, looking up at him smiling.
"That's good, that makes me really happy baby girl, that's really good," Fin said smiling back at her.

SO OBVIOUSLY I HAVE THIS SECOND CHAPTER FOR THE DAY PUT UP. THIS CHAPTER WAS A BIT OF A LONGER ONE BUT I JUST STARTED IT AND COULDN'T STOP REALLY, AND I FEEL TERRIBLE FOR NOT WRITING FOR SO LONG. THANK YOU ALL AGAIN FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND PATIENCE! I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE ENJOYED IT ALL SO FAR!♡