Chapter 17

We pull up to Reniko's house. I'm too weak to get out, so Reniko comes around and opens the door for me. He wraps my arm around him, and places his arm under my leg, picking me up. One he gets me out of the car he closes it with his foot. We get to the stairs of his building and he sits me down.

"Can you walk up the stairs?" He questions.

"I'm not injured Niko. I'll manage." I say as he puts me down.

We walk up the stairs and I am super tired. Reniko grabs his keys from his pockets and opens up the door. I walk in and he follows behind me. I plop down on the sofa and let out a long exhausted sigh. He comes and sits next to me. All of a sudden the tears start to come. All my emotions have just been piling and piling. I had to release. He beat me, kept me prisoner, tried to run my friends away, murdered my first love's family, cheated, and burned my house down. Who wouldn't mentally break down?

"It's okay Mario. Let it out." Reniko said taking off his shirt.

"It's too much Niko." I sobbed.

Reniko snuggled up next to me and embraced me in a hug. I gripped his shirt and sobbed quietly into his chest. I felt helpless. Had I would've just not even entertained Tevin when he popped up into my life everything would be good. To make matters worse he's still on the loose. I started to get sleepy, so I just laid on Reniko's chest and dozed off.

-------

I was awoken to the sounds of a phone ringing. My phone to be exact. I sat up and stretched then grabbed my phone. I looked at the caller I.D and it was Adrian. I quickly picked up the phone.

I clear my voice. "Hello."

"Hi. Is this Mario?"

"This is he." I yawned looking around the room.

"Hey. It's Adrian. I saw what happened on the news. Are you okay?"

"Not really." I rub my face.

"I guess that's why we couldn't meet up yesterday huh?"

"Yeah..." I sigh. "It was too stressful."

"I understand. Would it be okay if I came to where you were so we could finally talk?"

"Sure... I'm in DrewWood Oaks apartment 3C"

"Okay. I'll text you when I'm outside."

"Alright."

"Bye..."

We both hang up. I throw my phone to my side, and stand up to go pee. I first peep into Reniko's room and he is in his bed fast asleep. I shut the door quietly and go in the bathroom. After I close the door, and turn on the water. I throw some water on my face, and dapple it off with a towel. I lift up the toilet seat to finally pee. After I was done, I was my hands, and exit the bathroom. I go into Reniko's room to change into some different type clothes. He's about my size so I should be able to fit his things.

I throw on something comfortable. Reniko shuffles in the bed, and finally sits up.

He stretches. "What time is it?" He asks, rubbing his eyes.

"About one in the afternoon." I plainly respond.

"Damn we was out for a minute." He says, letting his hands fall beside him.

"Yeah..."

He gets out of the bed and hugs me from behind. "Sorry I left you on the sofa. You looked so tired and peaceful, and I didn't want to disturb you."