Chapter 20

"What the fuck are you talking about?" I whisper yell to Adrian. He is really trying to listen when I'm trying to get the hell out of here.

"If you would be quiet would be able to hear..." He says, smartly.

I get quiet and finally listen. I could hear faint moans from the distance. In the midst of you holding three people captive. Where the fuck do you find the time to do this? This has to be the dumbest thing in the world.

"Are they really?" I ask him for clarity.

He bids. "They are... Look take Reniko to the third level of the building. It's sealed off so knowing Tevin he wouldn't think to catch you there. You have to be careful though. One wrong step and everything in there will collapse."

"How do you know this?" I ask.

"Now is not a time for questions Mario. Just go! I'm gonna go in the opposite direction to find something that'll get us out of here.I should be back to you within 5 minutes." Adrian explains.

"Oka-- wait! You're gonna go to the direction of the people we are trying to get away from?" I ask, skeptically. That doesn't sound good.

Adrian sighs annoyed. "Do want to escape or not? You are wasting precious time." He begins to push me forward.

I look at him one last time and decide to just go. I don't feel right leaving him, but it's his advice. I rush over to Reniko and throw his arm over my shoulder. He groans in slight pain as I help him on to his feet. I hate to see him like this. He doesn't deserve to be wrapped up in my mess. I love him even more for staying. We begin walking towards the stairwell. I had to move at a slow but steady pace for Reniko. I didn't want to rush walking and hurt him any further. The strong piss smell was coming off of him. It was disgusting how someone could give you a golden shower for no reason.

I walked Reniko and I down the stairwell. Once we got to the third floor door. I sat Reniko down slowly and tried to open the door but it was locked. I pushed and pulled on the knob of the door repeatedly. The door would not budge. I whined in frustration.

"Mario..." Reniko said, faintly.

I gasped and scooted over next to him. I grabbed his head and turned it over to me. He looked at me with such weak eyes. I wanted to kiss him so badly, but the smell of the pee was keeping me from doing so.

"Are you okay Reniko? I'm sorry I got you Into this. If you would have just listened to me none of this would've occured." I say to him. All he had to do was let me handle it.

"Something was gonna happen whether I left the house or not. I'm fine though. Just a little beat up and drenched in pee but I'm fine. You give me energy." He smiles weakly.

That warms my heart.

"Where that other guy?" He asks, sitting forward to adjust his back.

Oh shit! I forgot all about Adrian. He said 5 minutes and I'm pretty sure it's past that. "He said he would be down in 5 minutes. Do you think something has happened to him?" I ask.

He shrugs. "Only one way to find out."

My eyes widen as I look at him. "You don't mean we go back do you?"

"What other choice do we have? Is that door right there unlocked." He asks pointing to the door I already tried to open.

"No it's sealed." I respond looking back at the door then to him.

"What floor does this lead to?" Reniko asks.

"The third floor. Adrian told me to come and wait here but..."