Chapter 18

Adrian and I sit in wait of the message of where to meet Tevin. He's texting us from an unknown number. We can't go to the police because somehow he's watching us. He did send us a timer that's counting down as we sit. It had 2 hours on there and now it had dwindled down to 1 hour and 52 minutes. How can he tell us a time limit to be somewhere and he's playing games.

"It's all my fault. I knew I should made Reniko stay here. Tevin is crazy." I say, tapping my head on the wall.

"No Mario. He seems like a strong willed person. He would have went regardless. We just have to hope Tevin gives us that information soon."

"You know what I don't get. How is Tevin able to see where we are? Or what we are doing? Or that you're here?"

He shrugs. "I'm not sure..."

Then suddenly both of our eyes grow big in realization. "CAMERAS!" We say simultaneously.

"But he doesn't know where Reniko lives..." I said, even more confused.

"Let's look anyways." Adrian's says, walking off.

We disperse around the apartment to look for any evidence of a camera. I walk outside and search all around Reniko's front door. I didn't feel anything. I walk back in the house, and look under the sofas, behind the t.v, in the closet, and still found nothing.

Adrian walks out just as puzzled as I am. "Did you find anything?" He asks.

"No." I shake my head.

"Me neither... I just keep hearing this strange whirring noise in this house. It's been doing that since I got here." He says, scratching his ear.

"Whirring noise?" I ask. "Where is it coming from?"

"I don't know. It gets louder when I'm near the vents."

I come to realization of how he's watching us. I rush past Adrian and go into Reniko's room to pull his tool box out from under his bed. I open it up, and grab his screwdriver. I walk back to the vent that's over his bathroom door, and I stare at it.

"Did you notice that red light blinking In there?" Adrian questions.

"Nope." He shakes his head. "Let me go get you a chair."

Seconds later Adrian returns with a chair. I hoist myself up in the chair, and start to unscrew the screws. Once I finally get the last screw. I come face to face with a black camera pointed down at my face with a lot of dust on it. This camera has been here for a while.

"I don't get how he would've gotten in here. If he was able to do this to then why hasn't he come and done something yet?" I ask Adrian..

At that moment my phone starts to vibrate. Adrian and I rush to the living room to read the message that he finally sent.

Tevin: Come to the Old Steel Mill. I'm sure you know where that is since you are a Georgia native. I see you've finally found my camera. Now it's time I bomb you out...

I look up at Adrian and he shrugs. "Bomb us out?" I ask.

I quickly run to Reniko's room, and grab my shoes. He took his car, so I would have to ride in Adrian's.

"God. What is that smell?" Adrian says, covering his nose.

I sniff and get a whiff of the scent. It was really foul and rancid. "I don't know but I'm gonna be sick." I moan.

"That's what he meant by bomb us out with the house smelling like shit. Good Job Tevin." Adrian says, as we both grab our belongings and make our way towards the door.