Danny

I get into my car super quickly. I didn't even bother to tie my pizza shoes. As I turn the ignition I try to call J again to keep her calm but she doesn't answer. Hopefully it's just because she didn't grab her phone. I blast the heat to try to make the car warm before she is in here that way she can relax better. My hands are shaking like crazy. Adrenaline is pumping through my body. I think I'm overreacting, which is reasonable because she never fully said what happened. She just was so panicked that there was no need for explanation. Her stuttering and the sound of her mom screaming in the background was enough to make me panic.
Eventually I see her walking on her street but I don't feel like I was fast enough. I turn down the heater real quick so she doesn't die then jump out of the car. I hadn't had my seat belt on. I engulf her in the biggest hug and whisper softly in her hair. She's crying so hard and shaking uncontrollably.
"Baby, it's okay. Shh. I got you. I'm here. I'm not gonna leave. You're safe now. I'm here for you baby. Don't cry. Don't cry. Shhh. It's okay."
I repeat the same words over and over trying to calm her down. I kiss her head repeatedly and hold her body close to mine. She's only in a tank top and little shorts and her skin is freezing.
I take off my jacket and have her put it on. I put my hand on the small of her back and lead her to the car. She goes for the backseat and I don't say anything. She lays down and I close the door then go around to the driver's side. The car still running and very warm. I can hear her teeth chattering over the radio.
As we drive back to Paul's I check the mirror constantly to make sure she's okay. Her shivering is silenced by the time we arrive at Paul's. I open her door and help her step out. She refuses my offer to carry her so I just grab her hand and lead her to the basement door, Paul's sitting there waiting. He runs up and hugs her. My fists clench up as he holds her. It's like he's holding my world and I don't want anyone to do that. She's mine and I want to protect her from everything. Paul steps away then opens the door into the house.
"The bathroom's in that door right there if u wanna use it."
"Thanks, Paul." She says.
She's still holding my hand and we walk into the house. She drops my hand and goes into the bathroom.
"Did you grab the extra blankets?"
"Yeah."
"Okay. I have a feeling she's gonna want to sleep. I think I have my hedgehog pajama pants she can use. I don't want her to freeze though, can you grab a sweater for her?"
"Yeah. Here's this one, it's yours."
"Ohhh that's where that one went."
Jade walks out a little bit later. Her hair is up in a messy bun and she took off her smeared makeup. Immediately she goes into my arms. She looks up at me and smiles.
"Can I borrow some clothes? I wasn't planning on going out..."
"Yeah of course."
I grab my hedge hog pajamas and my grey sweater then hand them to her.
"The pants are adjustable by the way."
"Okay, thanks. Here's your jacket by the way."
"Oh thanks. Do you wanna watch pretty little liars with us?"
"Yeah sure. Give me a minute."
She goes into the bathroom so Paul and I set up the blankets and pillows. Although bad things brought Jade here I'm really glad she's staying tonight. I can't wait to be able to hold her in my arms all night. It'll be like a little taste if what it's like to wake up to her every day.

Sorry another short one. And a cliff hanger. That just makes for an interesting next chapter. Ily guys. Make sure to give feedback.
-H.J.