Chapter 17 Stories That Lead To The Past

Lucy's P.O.V

.  .  .

" Lucy...why are you crying? " Then I looked to my left to see who it was. It was...Natsu... and he was standing right next to me. Looking at me with a sad expression on his face.

" Natsu... " I began to say. I actually have no words to say. I feel like...I can't speak anymore. But why? He sat next to me and asked, " What's wrong? Why ya crying? "  I wiped my tears away and replied, " Uh, it's nothing. I just thought of my mom. "

" I see. Do you wanna talk about it? " He asked.

" I guess... " I replied.

" So then tell me. " He said.

" When I was very little, she was very sick. She said that she'll keep on fighting 'til the very end. But, later on, her sickness has gotten worse and the doctor told me and my dad, that she only has a few months left to live. Before my mother got this horrible sickness, she would always tell me stories and tell me so many things that I didn't even know. I loved her very much, and now she's gone. Forever... " I explained.

~Flashback~ (When Lucy was six years old)

I was in the room with my mom, who was horribly sick and laying in the bed. Dad was there and so was the maids, and the doctor. I was holding my dad's hand. My heart was beating so fast. I felt nervous and scared. Hopefully mom is feeling better. Hopefully...

" So, how is she? Is she feeling better? " My dad asked the doctor. When I looked at the doctor, he had a very sad expression on his face. Maybe, he is gonna tell us some bad news. Hopefully it's not.

" I'm sorry to tell you this, but...your wife has not that much left to live. " His words, shocked me. And they echoed in my head.

When I looked at dad's face, he looked shocked and frightened. I never saw him like this. He let's go of my hand and walked over to my mom. As he walked away, I tried to reach out to him, but for some reason...It felt like I can never reach to him. Then he held my mom's hand and said, " Don't worry, you can still fight this, right? "

Then my mom turned to him, smiled and replied, " There is still some fight left in me. So you don't have to worry. "

" Please stay! " My dad yelled.

Was the things that the doctor said was true? So...mom is gonna die soon? What is going on?! I don't believe this. This is all a dream. I know it is. But, wait...this is not a dream...

This is a nightmare...that came true...

Tears started coming down my face. I started to remember the fun times that I had with my mom. Everyday was fun, because she was with me. But, when she got ill. I never got to see her a lot. Because the doctor doesn't want me getting sick too. I hate being alone. I hate it. 

Why am I always alone?

Do I deserve this? 

Someone...please answer me! 

That's it! I'm leaving! I started to cry even more than before. I started running and I left. " Lucy... " I over hear my mom say, in a faraway distance.

3 Month's Later

Mom's sickness has gotten worse. And today, was the last day that she could live. I was waiting outside the room. I wonder why they won't let me in. But yet, they let dad in. I can't really hear the conversation from here. When can I see mom?