Dreams

I open one eye, trying my best to wake up. I feel as if I didn't sleep at all last night.
"Hm." I mumble, opening my eyes, sitting up from the bed.
"Phil?" I mumble groggily.
There's no answer.
"I guess he's already got an early start." I smile to myself.
I go into the bathroom, turning on the light.
I feel strange.
There's something about today that doesn't feel right..
I look at myself in the mirror.
I still have my brow, nose, and lip piercings.
My normal dark hair.
My.. Arm tattoos..
What?
I have no wings.
No glowy-features
No glittering hair
I look..
Alive?
But I..
I slap myself in the face harshly.
No, I'm awake.
Could that have been all a dream?
I long, horrific dream?
How long was I asleep?
Does Phil even exist?
I look around at the unfamiliar apartment.
"What? Wh-where am I?" I say, frightened now.
I hear a knock at my door.

I open the door, seeing Phil.
"Dan! You're awake! Hi, I brought you a present.. If you don't mind.." He says nervously.
"Wh-what? Why were you out?"
"Excuse me?"
"Well, you live here.. Right?"
"No..?"
What? Wait, how does Phil know me if I was dreaming?
"I-I.." I mumble, rubbing my eyes.
"You were in a coma for at least a month. The crash was harsh. I called the ambulance and I'm happy to see you awake now." He smiles.
"Wait.. Was I dreaming??" I say, grabbing his shoulders.
"Well.. What do you remember?" He says, worried now.
"Well.. I met you, took you to the hospital, fell in love, died, was in Hell, in Heaven, and we lived together." I say, summarizing what I vaguely remember.
"Well.. I did meet you, you did take me to the hospital, but on our way back to my university, we crashed. You flew out through the windshield because of your lack of safety, and I called the ambulance and you were in a coma for a month." He says, profoundly.
"So.. None of that ACTUALLY happened??" I say, shockingly.
"No, silly." He giggles, still trying to give me my present.
"Uhm.. I think I need to.." I mumble, sitting down on the unfamiliar sofa.
"Wait, where am I?" I say, palming the sofa.
"Your apartment. Psh, mine actually. I was thinking we could move in together? I think we should take a break from university until you're healed up."
"Phil. We already took a month off!" I giggle.
"But do you REALLY want to go back?" He giggles.
I lie back on 'my' sofa, trying to wrap my brain around this.
I sigh in confusion.
"Dan? Don't you want the present I got you?" He says, putting it in my lap.
"Why the present?" I sigh, gripping it softly.
"It's your birthday, Danny!" He says, cheerfully.
"Oh.. Wait, how'd you know?" I giggle.
"I stalked your Twitter.." He mumbles.
"Hey, do I do YouTube?" I sigh.
"No. What?" He giggles, "I do, though." He smiles.
"Oh. I've heard."
"How could you have heard?.. You were in a coma!"
"Well.. I uh.. Assumed."
"Oh. Heh. Open your present!"
I sit up, unwrap the beautiful, perfect bow he tied on my lime green present box. I open the box, carefully.
Wow.. It's beautiful..
It's a gold, chain with a small heart dangling from the end, with a message engraved on it,
'Philly❤'
"Awe, Phil." I smile.
"Wait, what? I thought you wouldn't like it. Considering how cold and heartless you are." He says in confusion.
I furrow my pierced brow.
Does he still believe I'm mean? Didn't HE change me? No, remember Dan? It was a dream. I'm still known as a cold, heartless, dickhead.
"Oh, uh. No. I just. Like it. Thanks." I say, making a serious, blank face, putting the chain around my neck.
He looks at me lovingly.
He's so cute.. Do I still love him? I'm glad I didn't actually turn him down.
Now's my chance to make this relationship actually work.

"Hey, Phil?" I say, looking down, adjusting my chain.
"Yes?" He says, looking down at my chain.
"I'm really sorry, okay?"
"For what?" He says, with a sad expression.
"For.. Being so mean. I'm not actually a dickhead." I giggle.
"I know you aren't, come on. But why are you this way?"
I feel like I've told this story before.
But I only told dream Phil.
Ugh, this 'getting to know Phil' seems so tedious!
So I explained my story once more

"Oh Dan.. I'm so sorry all of this has happened. I know we've known each other for only a day, but I feel as if.. I don't know.. I know you.. I feel like.. I've loved you since forever.. For my whole life..?" Phil responds in confusion.
"Well.. While I was unconscious, I had lots of dreams.. About you." I respond softly.
"What kinds of dreams?" He asks, interested.

"Well.. We went to university together. I had a roommate called Thomas, but you often came to see me. We did YouTube together. You had a channel called AmazingPhil and I was Danisnotonfire. We were legendary!" I continue, "Until you played with my emotions. You told me you loved me, then you explained that you couldn't handle my delinquent ways. So, later, I ended up committing genocide. I was sent directly to Hell, while you were trying to apologize to me and save me. In Hell, there was a demonic form of you.. I was transported many places of torture.. I eventually transformed into a demon, until you saved me with music. You prayed for me, then I was carried away to Heaven. I was an angel lingering around the earth just to be with you.
We had a special relationship.
We loved each other, we both knew it, but we were afraid to date.
You accepted me. You loved me. You were my best friend." I explain, gently holding his hands.

He's silent. He blushes innocently, looking down at my large hands caressing his smaller hands.
I smile softly, "Phil?"
"Sorry.. I-I just.." He blushes wildly and stammers.
"Philly.." I laugh lovingly.
"Dan? What has happened to you?"
"I finally opened my eyes. You're truly my one and only best friend." I say, rubbing his hands with my thumbs.
"I believe so, too." He says, biting his lip at the sensation of my thumbs.
I pause, opening my mouth to say something, but then hesitating.
He furrows his ginger brow.
"Is it wrong that I love you?" I say, suddenly.
He pauses and smiles widely, blushing.
"Wh-what?" He says, his eyes lit up.
"You.. You heard me.." I say, returning to my cold expression.
He giggles.

"Ever since the day we met, the car crash.." He starts, caressing my gold chain. "I felt a connection with you. This month has been literally the longest month of my entire life. I've done nothing but lie beside you and whisper sweet nothings in your ear. So, no, I don't believe it's wrong that you love me.." He explains, holding the heart dangling from my chain.

"So.. What do you say?.." I whisper, trying to sound serious.
"Dan.." He starts. "This is a dream come true.. Yes, yes of course I love you.." He says, hugging me tightly.
I rub his back sensually while smiling to myself, shutting my eyes.
"So.. You still want to live together?" I say.
"Yes, darling. Let's live here."

Now I live here, even though it was all a dream.. I still love Phil.. I love him in reality.. And my dreams..