DAY FIVE PART ONE

It was Friday, but I still wasn't very excited about it being the end of the week because I knew I'd have a doll to take care of for the whole weekend. Plus, I'd be spending most of the weekend with Luke. Home Ec was first period, and I was not very excited about going today.

When I walked into the classroom and sat down, I sighed, looking up at the board. It read, "TAKING CARE OF BABIES/CHILDREN".

Luke walked into the class and saw the chalkboard. He slammed his books on the desk beside me before sitting at it.

"So, Willow.. Are you ready to meet our baby?" He asked me, getting really close to my face. I pulled away from him, not wanting to be that close.

"Yeah, I guess," I nodded, thinking about what would happen over the weekend. I was so worried.

I thought of a lot of things that could possibly go wrong with the baby or just in general this weekend:
1. Luke drops the baby out of the window of his car.
2. Luke throws it around and it lands on the floor right in front of his dog who chews it up.
3. Luke thinks it's fun to throw it from his bedroom window saying that it's "flying".
4. My little brother runs around with it and drops it.
5. For some reason, I found this one funny: Luke tells his girlfriend that he's taking care of his baby over the weekend.
6. The funniest, but possibly the worst: Luke microwaves it to see what happens.

Mrs. Miller's lesson was how to take care of babies and children, of course. She told us that she had a surprise for us and she passed around a basket with papers, telling us to choose one. We had done this about every day during this project, but to choose babies? Was it a name on the paper? Maybe a specific number telling us which one we got? Mrs. Miller told us not to unfold the paper until she told us.

Everyone had gotten a paper, so Mrs. Miller announced that we could open them up. I had no idea what the paper could say. When I opened it, I groaned and shoved the paper into Luke's hands.

"What does it-" Luke began, unfolding the paper then reading it after he stopped speaking.

"Twins!? Really?" He looked at me. I rolled my eyes, annoyed. Someone in the back of the room yelled out angrily, "we got quadruplets!!"

"At least we didn't get quadruplets," I shrugged as I looked at Luke, trying to find the bright side in the situation. We would have two babies to take care of over the weekend? I had no idea how that would happen.

"But I have a basketball game tonight, and you can't care for two babies by yourself, especially if you're watching the game," he worried.

"Well, my mum said that she wanted me to take this seriously, so she got out my brother's carrier from when he was little that she had kept. She probably has another from one of my other brothers," I told him, trying to get him to worry less. He seemed to be wanting to take this seriously.

"Okay. Hopefully," he sighed, "so what are we-"

"So now that you know how many babies you'll have to take care of this weekend, you will have to name them, either a boy or girl. You will get your baby or babies this afternoon at the end of the day along with your supplies. I'll let you guys talk about how you'll care for the babies or think of names," Mrs. Miller sat down at her desk.

"So what do you want to name our babies?" Luke asked me. I thought for a minute before shrugging.

"How about we name one Nathan?" He suggested.

I smiled, nodding, "and I like Noah."

"Nathan and Noah? That sounds pretty cute. And, obviously, they'd be Hemmings. Nathan Hemmings and Noah Hemmings. That's cute," Luke liked the names.

"My mum said that she has a playpen in the attic that we could use for them to 'sleep' in," I informed Luke.

"So we're taking this super seriously? My mum told me that she has an old playpen too if we needed it, but I didn't think we were going to take it that seriously."

"I mean, if we didn't use the playpens, where would they sleep? On the floor?"

"I guess, but now that you say that, we should use the playpens. You're staying at my house tonight, right? Then tomorrow night, we'll stay at your house?"

"Yeah, I think that's what we talked about. My parents won't care," I assured him.

"My parents won't mind, either. They know we're doing a project for school."

"Yeah. Plus, they shouldn't be worried that you're having a girl sleeping over because you have a girlfriend," I pointed out.

"What?" He looked at me before nodding, "yeah, yeah. They definitely won't mind that you're sleeping over."

"Good," I smiled. I studied Luke's face as he looked down at his desk at the open Home Ec book lying there. Caylen was right. He was cute.

The bell soon rang, and Mrs. Miller called out, "don't forget to come back after ninth period and get your baby or babies!"

I piled up my books and walked out of the classroom to go towards my second period class.

------

The main thing that Luke and I talked about at lunch were Nathan and Noah, also talking about this weekend. We stopped talking about the babies when Caylen walked over to sit with us.

"So, Willow.. What are you doing this weekend?" Caylen asked, sitting in the seat right beside me and smiling at Luke.

"I'm taking care of our babies with him," I motioned towards Luke. He slightly smiled, watching to see Caylen's reaction.

"Wait.. You two.. Uh, wh-when did.. When did that happen?" She stumbled on her words, not knowing what to say.

"Today. Mrs. Miller had us pick a paper, and we picked a paper that said twins, so we are getting our babies at the end of the day to take care of over the weekend," I explained.

"Oh, the fake babies," Caylen understood.

"Did you think we had-" Luke was cut off by Caylen.

"No, no, no. I was just confused," she shrugged, picking up her fork and grabbing a chicken nugget off of her tray. I held in a laugh, looking at Luke and silently laughing.