DAY EIGHT, PART ONE

The next morning, Luke and I had both gotten ready for school. We each had one baby in our arms. I had my backpack on my back and my gym bag in my one hand while I held Nathan in the other arm.

Luke had Noah, and we both said goodbye to my parents before we got into Luke's car and began to drive to school.

While Luke was driving, I held both Noah and Nathan in my arms with my backpack at my feet and my gym bag beside my backpack.

We got to the school soon after, and Luke put his backpack on his back then grabbed his gym bag in his hand and took Nathan from me with his other hand. I held Noah with my left arm as I one-strapped my backpack and I held my gym bag in my right hand.

Luke and I walked into the school and made our way to our lockers, which were right across the hall from each other.

I got my book for first period out of my locker and put my backpack and gym bag into my locker. I held Noah in my arms the whole time, which was pretty hard. I grabbed the supplies Mrs. Miller had given me and held them in the opposite hand that I was holding Noah in.

I began to walk to homeroom as Luke came up behind me and put his free arm around my waist. He whispered into my ear, "see you in a few minutes.."

"Okay. See you in first period," I smiled, pecking his lips and walking into my homeroom. He kept walking down the hall to get to his.

As I strolled into homeroom, some people stared, seeing the fake baby in my arms and probably thinking it was real. I sat in my seat in front of Caylen and began to talk to her.

"Sorry about the prank yesterday," I told her. She laughed a little.

"Don't worry about it. I actually think it was pretty funny now," she laughed more.

Our homeroom teacher began to take roll call, and I was called, then Caylen was called soon after.

We left for first period then after roll call was done and the bell had rung. I met Luke at the Home Ec room as we both walked in at the same time.

Everyone in the room had their doll or dolls. Mrs. Miller was collecting the supplies first, then she was collecting the dolls. She had to put a piece of masking tape on the doll with the two people's names on it so she knew whose project was whose, and she would listen to parts of what the baby recorded.

"So, are you glad the weekend with the babies is over?" I asked Luke. He sort of shrugged.

"Yeah, I guess. I liked that you were my partner, though.. Helping me with the babies. Mrs. Miller is right. It's really good practice," he smirked then turned his head away, towards the person in front of him in line. My jaw dropped. Did he just say what I thought he said?

We turned Nathan and Noah into Mrs. Miller and she put our names on their arms. She smiled as we walked away from her desk to sit down at our desks.

"Did you have fun this weekend.. Hanging out with me the whole time?" Luke asked jokingly.

"Actually, I did. I liked spending the whole weekend with you," I smiled.

"I did too. If we hadn't spent the weekend together, we might not be where we are now," he pointed out.

"Where exactly are we?" I wondered.

"Right about here.." He leaned in to kiss me as the bell rang, and Mrs. Miller got up from her desk to yell, "everyone please sit down!"

She walked to the front of the room, closing the door in the process. She wrote a little somethings on the board then announced, "today, we will be writing an overall summary of how you liked the project. Was it fun for you? Was it easy or hard? Did you like your partner? Did you get in any fights with them? Has your relationship with that person changed at all because of this project? Things like that."

She grabbed lined paper from her desk and began to pass it around. It came to me, and I took a paper before handing it to Luke. I smiled at Luke as I began to write my summary.

Of course I was going to say that Luke's and my relationship changed. We went from hating each other to dating. It was pretty amazing. I'd have to remember to thank Mrs. Miller for having us do this project.

I watched as Luke scribbled onto his paper. I smiled as I watched him frantically write on his paper with a smile on his face.

During the class, I hardly got my summary done, but I did get it done within the last few minutes of class. I had such good things to write about the whole project that it took up so much time.

The bell rang for us to go to second period, and I handed my summary in to Mrs. Miller before walking out of the classroom with my books in my hand.

I walked up behind Luke and grabbed his hand as we walked towards our lockers. I gave him a quick kiss before we parted to go to opposite sides of the hallway to get into our lockers. After I was done at my locker, I went off to second period which was Spanish.

I sat in my normal seat by Caylen, and we talked for a little while. We mainly talked about me and Luke. Instead of obsessing over him for herself, now she's obsessing over my relationship with him.

"I have seen you and Luke kiss so many times in the hallway, and it is. so. cute!" She exclaimed, smiling at me.

"It's hard to believe that a week ago, I completely hated him, and I had just found out that I was paired with him for partners on the project. Now, it's a completely different story.."

Partners // l.r.hजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें