DAY TWENTY-SEVEN

The next Saturday was my birthday, and Luke told me that he wanted me over at his house for the day. I agreed, so I began to get ready.

I thought about what I should wear to Luke's for my birthday. He seemed to have nice plans, so I wore something a little nicer than I would've if I was just going to be staying home.

I had showered before I had put on my high-waisted jeans. I pulled out a crop-top from my closet and took it off the hanger. The top was blue, and I just put it on over my light blue bra. You could see some of my stomach, hut I was okay with that.

I planned on staying the whole day there, and I planned on staying the night afterwards, so I packed everything I would need for that day and the next day. I grabbed the things I needed and walked down the stairs from my room to the living room.

I walked past my dad as I went towards the front door. He stopped me and mentioned something about my outfit.

"Happy birthday, Willow," he smiled before continuing, "where are you going dressed like that?"

"What? With high-waisted jeans and a crop-top? I'm going to Luke's," I informed him.

"Why are you showing your stomach?"

"Because I can. Why are you acting like the school handbook?"

"I'm your father, and I don't like it when you show too much skin. You know how teenage boys can be."

"I know. Don't worry about me, dad. I'm just going to Luke's. I'll be fine. I promise you."

"Okay. I'll see you tonight?"

"Tomorrow," I corrected, walking out the front door and closing it behind me. I could hear my dad sigh before I closed the door.

I walked to my car that was parked in the driveway and began to leave to go to Luke's house. On the way there, I wondered what my dad's problem was with me wearing this shirt. I thought that he might've just been being protective, but he said nothing before when I would wear this shirt and skinny jeans. Now, I'm showing less skin and he's worried about me showing too much skin? Maybe it's because of Luke. He's worried that I'll get pregnant or something like that. He had nothing to worry about.

When I arrived at Luke's house, I saw that there were no lights on. I was confused, but I walked up to his front door anyways. I rang the doorbell to make sure that someone was home before I walked right in.

"Come in!" I heard Luke yell from not far away from the door.

I opened the door and the lights turned on. People jumped out from hiding spots and yelled, "Surprise!" at me.

I jumped back, not expecting that to happen. I looked around, seeing a lot of familiar faces. Most of the people there were in my year at school. Luke walked over to me with a boring in his hand.

"Hey babe.." He smiled, kissing my forehead then pecking my lips, "how's the birthday girl?"

"I'm good. I just got scared when you guys surprised me. This is great, though," I told him, looking around the living room once again.

I began to socialize a minute or two later. I talked to a few people that I didn't talk to much in school. I realized that some one Luke's friends from the popular group were there, the ones who had judged me when I sat at "their" table. I walked over to them to see that they were talking to Luke.

"I never knew you'd be dating her," one of the guys said. His girlfriend nodded, agreeing with him.

Luke rolled his eyes before responding, "I've always liked her. I've just been an ass to her because, I don't know.. I guess I was trying too hard to flirt with her."

"Wow. We always thought at you couldn't stand her. You've liked her this whole time? Since when?"

"Yeah, I've liked her for a while now. I'd say for about a year ago. I was going to ask her out to prom last year, but I knew she hated me. I just gave up on that, I guess.."

"When did you guys start dating?"

"It was actually exactly two weeks ago. We had that project, you know, with the babies. She was over at my house and we were flirting a lot. I finally asked her to be my girlfriend.."

"Oh.."

"The night before, she slept in the same bed as me, and I couldn't quit staring, like, at all. She's beautiful, so beautiful. And she's got an amazing personality," Luke smiled as he talked about me to his group of about six friends. He still hadn't noticed me standing pretty close to them.

"Have you guys, uh, done anything sexual?" His one friend asked, one who hadn't spoken yet.

Luke looked past all of them and noticed me standing behind the group. He smirked at me, but he told his friends, "that's none of your business."

"Wo-ho-hoah! You have!" A friend of Luke's standing right in front of me exclaimed. I walked closer to Luke and grabbed his arm before pulling him away from the group.

"How much of that did you hear?" He wondered.

"Most of it," I smiled, "I love you, Luke."

"I love you too, Willow," he grinned and kissed my forehead and walked around the living room with me.