DAY NINETEEN

That Friday afternoon, after ninth period was over, I walked to my locker and went to get into it, but there was a note there.

"See you tonight? ;) - lrh"

As I read the note, I looked across the hall to see Luke watching me. He soon turned towards his locker. He had seen me looking over at him; he began to open his locker after he turned around.

I smiled as I put the note in my pocket. I opened my locker door. There was another note on the inside of my door with a small envelope with it.

"do not open envelope until you're at home & in your room ;) - lrh"

I didn't open the envelope yet, as the note had told me not to. I put the note in my pocket along with the other note. I then put the envelope into the side pocket of my backpack.

I took out my maths book, and something slid off of the top of it. I laughed a little as I saw that it was another note.

"i have something important for an important someone tonight ;) - lrh"

I smiled, putting the third note into my right pocket where I had placed the other two notes. I pushed my maths book into my backpack and put it on my back.

I walked through the high school and out of the front doors to get to my bus. I spotted my bus and made my way towards it. I got on the bus, and I said hello to Parker, Logan, Colton, and Dylan on my way back to my seat.

I sat down in my seat, and I wanted to open the envelope to see what was in it, but I didn't because of what the note had said. I didn't know if it was something that people weren't supposed to know about or what. He did specify that I should be in my room whenever I open it. It must be pretty secretive, then.

The bus left the school, and the whole ride to my stop, I was thinking about what could've been in that envelope. When it was my stop, I almost missed it because I was deep in thought. Dylan had to snap me out of my thinking to tell me to go with him.

I walked off of the bus and said goodbye to our bus driver who was normally pretty nice. I strolled away from the bus and towards my house with the four of my brothers.

Luke usually came up with cute notes, and he'd put it in an envelope to tape to my locker. I could usually open them right away, but this one was special. He didn't want me opening it until I was in my room.

I walked into my house and said hello to my mum. As I walked past, the envelope fell out of my backpack.

"What's that?" Mum asked as I picked it up from the floor and tucked it into the left pocket of my jeans.

"It's a note from Luke. He puts notes in my locker sometimes," I informed her as I quickly tried to walk towards my room.

She stopped me, "what does it say?"

"I don't know. I haven't opened it yet."

"Okay," she turned around as I finished my strides up the stairs.

After I entered my room, I closed the door and threw my book bag onto my bed, having it plop down and make the springs scream at me as they fell down then jumped back up a few times, acting as a slight trampoline for my backpack.

I sat on my bed and pulled out the envelope from my pocket. I began to open it when Dylan came in. I was startled and reacted by throwing  the envelope behind me.

"What was that?" He gasped, looking at me with his eyes opened wide.

"It was from Luke. I don't know. I didn't look at it yet," I told him truthfully. Maybe whatever was in there had fallen out when I threw it behind me.

"Okay.." His voice trailed off and there was an awkward silence until he spoke again, "I was just wondering if Luke was coming over at all this weekend?"

"Yeah, he's coming over tonight, and I don't know if he'll be over any more than that."

"Well, if he's coming over tonight, that might be what you're using that for," he pointed to my bed before walking out of my room and closing the door behind him.

I looked at whatever was sitting beside me, and there sat a condom. I gasped and picked up the envelope. There was also a note in the envelope. I pulled out the note and read it in my head.

"Keep this.. We might need it sometime, maybe soon.. ;) - lrh"

I bit my lip, thinking many different thoughts. Was Luke planning to have sex? I had no idea, but I was curious. I would just have to wait and see until he got to my house.

------

I was sitting at the dinner table with my family when I heard the doorbell ring. I walked to the door after excusing myself from the table. I walked towards the door as it opened and Luke came inside from outside of the house.

"Hey babe," he smiled, pecking my lips.

"Hey Lukey," I looked up at him, smiling, "so what are we doing tonight?"

"Well.." He looked to make sure no one was around, then smirked at me, "if you opened the envelope, I think you might know." He winked before walking past me and into the dining room where my family was.

"Luke!" Parker exclaimed, jumping from the table and running to Luke. He loved Luke like a brother, in hopes of one day actually having him as a brother.

"Hey Park, how are you?" Luke smiled, picking him up and throwing him into the air. I watched and smiled.

"I'm good!" Parker exclaimed as Luke sat him back down on the ground. Parker walked back over to his plate and finished eating.

I took my plate into the kitchen and washed it in the sink. I put the plate away in the cupboard before returning to the sink to wash my silverware. Luke walked up behind me while I was washing the silverware and put his hands around my waist with his chin on my shoulder.

"Babe," he groaned, kissing my neck.

"Luke, my parents are in the adjacent room.. Save it for later," I pushed him off of me as I turned around to put my silverware away.

"I will," he smirked and walked out of the kitchen, and I followed him.