DAY SIX, PART ONE

The next morning, I woke up after a full night's sleep. For some reason, I hadn't gotten up at all during the night to take care of the babies.

I realized that Luke wasn't in the bed beside me. I rolled over and put my legs off of the side on the bed. I sat up and stood up off the bed.

I walked into the guest room that was right beside Luke's bedroom, the room we had decided to put the two playpens in. Luke was standing in there with one of the babies in his arm and the bottle in its mouth.

"Luke?" I looked at him, walking towards him.

"Good morning, Willow," he smiled, looking extremely tired.

"Why didn't I wake up at all last night to take care of the babies?" I asked him. Maybe they hadn't cried much?

"You're a really heavy sleeper. You didn't hear them cry at all. I didn't want to wake you, so I had gotten up and taken care of them. I wanted you to get a good night's sleep. You don't have to worry."

"Luke," I was surprised at what he had done for me. He stayed up most of the night to take care of our project so I could rest.

"Luke, you look super tired. You go get sleep, and I'll take care of the babies for a while, okay?"

"No.. I'm fine. You don't have to worry about me, I just told you that. I got enough sleep, okay? I've had nights where I'd gotten less sleep than I did last night. I'm just glad that you got to sleep good."

"You need your sleep too, Luke. Go get sleep, come on. I'll be fine with them. Like you said, I got a lot of sleep last night. I should be fine to stay up for the rest of the day and take care of them. I'm going to have to do this someday when I have my own kids."

"Well, I'll have to do it too. I'm not bothered if I have to stay up for a while to take care of them."

"Well, when it gets to be day after day of not much sleep, you'll be begging to get some sleep."

"But for right now, I'm fine. This is good practice."

"I'm offering to let you sleep, just go sleep."

"Fine. I'll sleep," he began to walk out of the room after putting Noah back in the playpen and putting the "bottle" back in the diaper bag. He walked past me and whispered sexily in my ear, "whatever makes you happy, princess."

He lightly kissed my cheek. I was surprised when I felt that. I didn't know what to think when he kissed me.

"Lucas," I growled, sounding a little harsher than I meant to sound. He backed up and walked back into the room.

"What, Willow Grace?" He asked, smirking at me. He seemed to like using my middle name. Why was he so flirtatious with me?

"You have a girlfriend, don't you? You're being so flirty with me, and you've been kissing me."

"Maybe I lied to someone, telling him or her that I had a girlfriend so he or she would tell his or her best friend, hopefully making said best friend jealous, and that plan seems to have worked," he looked me right in the eyes, smirked at me, then walked out.

"Lucas Robert Hemmings, I swear-" I walked out of the room towards his room, where he was heading. He suddenly stopped and turned to face me.

"You swear what?"

I sighed, "you lied to me? To make me jealous?"

"Maybe. I didn't really lie to you. I lied to Caylen, and she told you what I told her, making you jealous. I've sensed jealousy for the past two days since I told Caylen I had a girlfriend. I knew you were jealous, even if you didn't know it yourself."

"I was not jealous," I lied right through my own teeth.

"You sure about that?" He asked then crashed his lips onto mine. Our lips moved with each others' lips. He bit my lip a little bit, pulling me back towards him. His lip ring grazed across my bottom lip, and I loved the feeling.

"Luke," I breathed after be both pulled away from the kiss, "don't lie to me, okay? Be honest with me."

"Well, I won't be lying when I tell other people I have a girlfriend because.. Willow, will you be my girlfriend?" He asked. I was taken back by his offer. It seemed like in less than a week, we had gone from hating each other and avoiding each other to making out and possibly becoming boyfriend and girlfriend.

I thought about it for a minute, and while I thought, I constantly had a smile on my face. I finally answered him, "yes."

I smiled at him and kissed him once more. I then heard one of the babies crying in the guest room.

"We're dating now, and I still have yet to meet your family," Luke laughed.

"Yeah. You'll meet them tonight, though," I told him as he began to walk past me to take care of the babies. I stopped him, "go get some sleep. I'll take care of them, okay?"

"Fine," he sighed, walking into his bedroom. I turned on my heels and walked back into the guest room, picking Nathan up from his playpen. He didn't stop crying, and that made Noah cry. I sighed, picking them both up and giving Nathan his bottle while realizing that I had to fake-change Noah.

As I laid Nathan on the floor beside the blanket I had laid Noah on, I thought of what had just happened between Luke and me. It took a minute to comprehend it, and I thought that maybe in a few years, I would be changing a real baby while Luke slept in the adjacent room. I had thought too much and had to stop thinking about that. I couldn't get too far ahead of myself.