DAY FIVE PART TWO

After period nine that day, I packed up at my locker and got all of the books I needed to take home in my backpack.

I met Luke in the Home Ec room to get Nathan and Noah. We walked towards Mrs. Miller, joining the line of people that were waiting to get their dolls.

"So I'm taking both of them home with me right now, right? Then I'll come to the game with them before watching the game and going home with you tonight, right? That's our plan?" I asked Luke.

"Yeah, that's our plan. Then, tomorrow evening, we'll go to your house and I'll meet your family then, while we show them our children," he laughed a little, "we'll stay at your house until Monday morning, if that's alright with your parents. That's what we were planning on anyways."

"That's fine with them, yeah. They know I'll be sleeping at your house tonight and that I'll be there most of tomorrow. I'm sort of excited, I guess. I've never done a project like this. I think it will be fun."

"I agree. I think this might actually be a little fun. We probably won't be saying that in the middle of the night when the mechanical babies scream to wake us up," he groaned.

"Yeah, I'm not too excited about that part, but it'll happen someday, right? This is just getting us prepared for life."

"I know. But I'm still not looking forward to doing that, especially this young. I hope I won't have real kids any time soon."

"Well, if you're careful, you shouldn't," I told him, turning towards Mrs. Miller who was right in front of us now.

"You had twins, correct?" She asked, grabbing two mechanical babies from a box. I nodded, and she asked us what we decided to name them.

"Nathan and Noah Hemmings," Luke told her, gazing at the real-looking babies. I was amazed at how much they looked like real babies. They felt pretty heavy too, about as heavy as a baby really is.

"That's cute," she smiled, then handed us supplies and a paper before sending us out of the room so we could get to the bus in time.

"I'll see you later tonight, then?" Luke smiled at me, leaving for the gym for pre-game practice. I nodded, going to my locker once more to get another folder that I had forgotten. I put the folder in my backpack along with the paper Mrs. Miller had given me and the supplies for the babies.

I held one baby in each arm as I walked towards the buses. I got on, and I walked to my seat. Little kids at the front of the bus were looking up at me and the babies, confused. I just walked past them to get to my seat.

I sat down in the back of the bus, and Dylan looked at me from his seat that was only three seats up from mine.

"What are you doing with two babies? Whose are they?" He looked back at me, but he wasn't close enough to see that they were fake. I laughed quietly, finding the perfect opportunity.

"Mine," I told him, holding them closer to me. His eyebrows raised, confused. He looked at me for a minute before speaking.

"You don't have any babies, especially twins. But seriously, whose are they and why do you have them?"

"For the second time, they're mine and-" I was going to finish the second question, but he asked another.

"If they're yours, who's the father?" He asked, "and why didn't you look pregnant for the past months? Also, why were you at school with them? Why didn't you go to the hospital or something?" Sometimes, Dylan could be really oblivious.

"The father? That's easy. Luke Hemmings is the father of Nathan and Noah," I told Dylan, smiling.

His mouth hung wide open, "I'm so confused right now. They have to be someone else's, but why do you have them?"

"They're not someone else's, but-" I paused. Dylan looked at me, waiting. I continued, "they're a project."

"A project for what? Science? What kind of project is that? 'Oh, let's have babies and talk about what exactly happens when you create babies!'" He mocked.

"No, a Home Ec project," I told him, and he face-palmed, shaking his head back and forth.

"Wait.. They're mechanical?" Dylan asked, walking back to me to get a closer look at them. I showed him, and he nodded.

"They looked completely real to me," he laughed, "but why would you tell me that Luke Hemmings is the father of them? You completely hate him."

"He's my partner in this project. He's not as rude once you talk to him a little. Also, I'm going to his basketball game tonight, and I'll be staying at his house after that," I explained to Dylan. He nodded. Mum and dad knew that already, but I wanted to let him know too.

The bus left the school after all of the students were on all of their assigned buses. I held Nathan and Noah the whole bus ride, and I carried them to the house from the bus stop which, thankfully, wasn't very far.

When I arrived home with Dylan, Colton, Logan, and Parker, I walked inside and saw Mum in the kitchen.

"Hey Mum!" I smiled, and I walked over to her with Nathan and Noah still in my arms. She turned towards me and smiled.

"You got two? Why?" She seemed confused. She wasn't mad at all, but she just looked confused as to why I got two dolls and not one.

"Yeah, some people got four. I picked out a slip of paper from a basket that said 'twins' on it. She told us she did that because you never know if you're going to be expecting a singleton or twins, triplets, quadruplets, or maybe quintuplets. I know there are more than that, but that just seems hard to believe. She only went up to quadruplets, though. Thank god Luke and I only got twins," I laughed, "but would you happen to have an extra carrier that I could use to take them to the game?"

"I do, yes. I have one from when Parker was little and from when Logan was little. I have kept all of it in the attic, just in case it was needed someday. I still have Dane's baby stuff too. I mean, I did reuse cribs from Dane to Dylan to Colton to Logan to Parker, but I didn't reuse carriers for some reason," she shrugged. I nodded, and thanked her for letting me use them before going to find them.