Sunrise

All characters belong to JK Rowling

Draco walked through the empty halls, feeling like a ghost. Like a mere memory of the person he once was. It was still dark, the sun yet to show its face but Draco could not remain in the common room. Not when he no longer felt much like a Slytherin. So he wondered the empty rooms, exploring. Never in his 7 years at Hogwarts had he taken the time to explore the old castle and he figured now would be as good as a time as any to start.

He walked into a room, it was small, not much bigger than a broom closet, maybe two. It was empty except for a couple of pillows in front of a window that took up an entire wall. From the window Draco could just see the sun peaking over the horizon. Draco wondered how this room had remained unnoticed by the school's population. Surely if someone had found it, it would have been the talk of the school.

Draco walked over and sat down on the pillows, watching the sun begin to rise. He had never seen a sunrise before. He heard the click of the door opening behind him, he whipped around and saw Potter standing in the doorway. Draco let out a groan of frustration. Great.

Draco had always said that he had never liked Harry Potter, and he never will. He always claimed that he could not stand the sight of the boy and the only reason he even acted remotely civil towards him was because he was already on tenterhooks with the school and he if so much as smirked at 'the chosen one' Draco would be out before he could say Quidditch. So Draco was a little unnerved when he felt, happy, excited almost, when he saw the boy in the doorway.

"What are you doing here Potter?" Draco snapped. Ignoring the way he suddenly felt very nervous, almost like butterflies had been let loose in his stomach.

"I come here most mornings, it's nice here, peaceful" Harry said coolly. "The real question here is what are you doing here, I thought I was the only one who knew about this room"

Draco sighed "my Common Room was too stuffy so I decided to leave and ended up here"

Harry nodded "I can relate"

The room fell silent, neither willing to leave and neither willing to strike up another conversation. Unfortunately, this left Draco with the annoying problem that was his mind. He had just had an almost friendly conversation with Potter, something he never thought possible. He and Harry hadn't had an almost friendly conversation ever. He also felt incredibly confused to what was making him feel this way. He was fine until Harry had walked into the room and now he felt sick. And then Draco realised that he had been calling Potter 'Harry' in his head and unless he was making a point, he had always called Potter Harry in his head.

Draco looked over at Harry completely stunned. Harry, not Potter. Draco, not fully aware of what he was doing admired the shape of Harry's face, the way his head was tilted slightly as if he was thinking like he did in class. The way his hair wouldn't sit flat at the back and how his eyes looked brighter and greener when he was smiling. And Draco felt even more stunned when he realised that he knew all this already, that this was not the first time he had admired Harry.

Harry looked over at him and smirked "you might want to close your mouth Malfoy, wouldn't want to catch any flies"

From Harry's new position Draco saw the way his skin almost reflected the sunlight and how half his face was in the dark because of the sun streaming in behind him. And in that moment Draco realised that he had never hated Harry. In that moment it finally dawned on him that he was fully in love with Harry Potter and had been for a long time.

Ok that was so bad it's funny... I'm really sorry if it sucks.  

Anyway I just wanted to apologize for not updating for so long and to let you know it might be a while before I update again. It has just been a really bad couple of weeks and I don't expect that to change for a couple more. 

 Also I am slowly starting to put together a full length fic and I would appreciate it if you guys reminded me to work on it otherwise there is a good chance I will forget. Thanks!

Keep reading

XOXO Taynado