Going Through the Motions

All characters belong to JK Rowling

Harry watched Draco enter the great hall, looking cool and cocky. His friends on either side of him making a sort of protective semicircle around him. Normally that would make Harry feel like crying because he should be there with Draco. He should be holding hands with him or making fun of him like he always did. He should not across the room feeling like he was being stabbed in the heart. Before that he would have greedily watched him, soaking in what he thought was perfection. Now he felt nothing. He turned his head to see who was walking in the door and then went right back to eating. He paid no attention to him.

It was then that he realised that he didn't really love him anymore. Sure maybe he once did, Draco was his everything for a very long time. But now he realised that he didn't really feel anything for him anymore, he was just going through the motions.

Harry felt free, like weight had been lifted from his shoulders. He didn't feel like crap every time he saw Draco in the halls anymore. He didn't feel like he was drowning. He no longer felt like he would never be okay.

He didn't really love Draco anymore.

Harry felt like cheering. This was a first for him, but Draco was a lot of firsts for him. First crush, first boyfriend, first kiss and first heartbreak. But this was new. Harry felt like he could move on, like he could make himself a new life, like he no longer needed Draco to be happy. He was free. He realised that Draco didn't need to be there for him to experience something new.

He was no longer stuck going through the motions. He was free.

To all the supernatural fans who might be reading this, I finally got to watch the season 11  finale (as Australia gets it the Monday after America does) and I AM NOT OK!! This show is going to be the end of me.  I just can not stand how they left it. GAH! Somebody tell me it will all be okay next season.

Anyways have a good evening!

Keep Reading

XOXO Taynado