Time to Go

All characters belong to JK Rowling.

Unedited like always, I'll come back and fix any mistakes later but I just wanted to post this before I forgot. I really like this one and might continue it on a bit, what do you guys think?

 Enjoy.

The spell hit him right in the chest, carving huge cuts spanning from shoulder to waist. Draco nearly fainted when he saw the blood staining the white of Potter's t-shirt. Potter looked down at his chest and back up at Draco a stunned expression on his face. Draco couldn't move, could barely think. All he could see was the blood staining Potter's shirt, the blood he caused.

"That was unexpected" Potter said before crumbling to the ground.

The sound of Potter landing on the wet floor woke Draco from his trance.

"Oh god" he yelled. "What I have done?" Draco ran over to where Potter was lying, the pool of blood surrounding him growing.

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!" he said as he tried to stop the flow of blood, shoving fistfuls of his shirt into the bleeding mess trying to stop the flow.

Potter laughed weakly "I guess this is payback for our sixth year"

"Shut up Potter" Draco snapped "I can't afford to have your death on my hands. Who knows what the ministry will do to me"

Draco could feel himself losing it. He was already known as a death eater, he didn't need to be known as the boy who killed the boy who lived. The ministry would send him straight to Azkaban. Draco also felt himself panicking about the fact that because of him there was a chance the world would have to continue on with the boy who lived, without the chosen one and Draco was not ready for that.

Potter laughed again. "You don't need to worry about that Malfoy. I'm pretty sure you could get out of anything. You always do." The laughing made him cough, blood dripping down his chin.

"I need to get an adult or someone. This cannot be happening. You can't be dying!" Draco said trying to put more pressure on the wounds, trying to stop the flow of blood but it wasn't working, the blood just kept seeping through his fingers.

"Yeah well the only problem with that is there is no-one around, everyone has gone home for the holidays and the teachers are in bed. You won't find anyone it time" Potter said.

Unfortunately Potter was right. By the time Draco found somebody Potter would already be dead. He would have bled out on the floor. He didn't mean for this to happen. He just fired the first spell that came to mind, he just wanted to scare him. To make him leave him alone, not kill him.

Potter's breaths become raspier, each one sounding like a miniature scream. He reached up and wrapped his hand around Draco's wrist.

"It's okay Malfoy" He said softly. "I'm okay with dying"

"No, no, NO!" Malfoy cried.

"It will be okay" Potter said soothingly. "It's time for me to go"

"You can't Potter! Who else is going to save the wizarding world? Who else is going to inspire us all? Who else is going to call me out on my bullshit? The world still needs you." Draco sobbed. He still needed him

"They don't need me anymore, everything I can do has been done. But they still need you, you're going to fix the great divide Malfoy. You're going to teach everyone how to trust again. You're the only one that can." Potter said. "You're the one the wizarding world needs now"

"You can't do this to me Potter." Draco said Angrily.

"Harry, call me Harry" Potter, no Harry, said.

"Okay Harry, only if you call me Draco" It was the least Draco could do. He still owed Pott-Harry so much.

Harry smiled, tears starting to drip down his face. "I'm ready Draco, let me go"

"No!" Draco said, trying to stop the trembling in his voice.

Harry pushed Draco's hands off the wounds allowing the blood the flow faster out onto the floor. Harry looked into Draco's eyes and Draco felt like he was searching his soul, looking into the depths of his heart. Analysing him, breaking him down.

Harry smiled again. "You always did have the most beautiful eyes" he coughed out.

Harry wouldn't stop coughing, he was struggling for air.

"They always reminded me of a winter's storm" Harry finally breathed out and then he stopped breathing all together.

Draco let out an anguished scream, loud enough that everyone in the castle could hear, waking everyone up from their sleep. The scream went on for what seemed like forever, tearing at Draco's vocal chords but he kept screaming. It was the only way he knew how to express the loss, desperation and pain he was feeling. It was in memory of Harry Potter, the boy with the forest green eyes and lightning bolt scar, the one who thought his eyes were like a winters storm, the person who thought he could do good in the world. He screamed and screamed until the teachers came bursting into the classroom. He kept screaming until Professor McGonagall wrapped her arms around him and cried along with him.

For the boy who lived was no more.