The Wedding

(Emily's pov)

The next day I was woken up by George.It was weird,being able to actually call him my boyfriend.Not that I never had a boyfriend before but still.

"Mum wants you and Gaby to help her with Fleur"he said and he kissed me quickly before he went off with Fred.I looked across at the red dress hanging on the front of the wardrobe and I groaned.I was pretty,really pretty but it was one of my mum's old dresses that I took from Sev's house.I could no longer wear the dress that I wore the Yule Ball(which I had planned to wear because it still fitted) because it was sleeveless.The dress was a bit too short for my liking and I had an odd suspicion that dad had bought it for her.

I slipped it on groggily and then made my way downstairs.The first thing I saw was Mrs Weasley bawling her eyes out and I had a feeling it was because a certain PratHead hadn't shown up.

I would've preferred to get the boys' job, welcoming the guests but instead I got to sit awkwardly as Mrs Weasley,Madame Delacour,Fleur and Gaby cried over how beautiful Fleur looked.It was true,she did look beautiful in the simple white dress but why would anybody cry about being beautiful?Sometimes I think that I was not meant to be a girl...or that I have the inability to cry over stupid things.

"You can go now Emily.Go find a seat we'll see you in a minute or two"Mrs Weasley said and Ginny rolled her eyes as her mum wiped her tears.I walked out of the house and straight into the marque.Everybody's head turned and I awkwardly smiled and made my way towards Remus and Tonks.

George walked up to me with an elderly woman by his side and a frantic look on his face.

"Emily,this is Aunt Muriel"he said with a forced smile and I smiled at the woman, extending my hand but she ignored it.

"She's awfully skinny isn't she George?Awfully pale too.Maybe its from her time is Azkaban.What is that on her arm?Merlin's Beard,its one hideous scar!"Muriel exclaimed and my hand fell limply to my side.

"You look awfully old.How are you still alive?"I asked with a smile and I thought i had gone too far but she let out a loud laugh.

"I like this one she's a keeper"She said and George shook his head,a confused look on his face but he looked mildly impressed.

"Actually she's a beater"he said and she looked at me for a moment,as if studying me.

"Well,there's nothing wrong with some physical punishment"she said and she let go of George's arm and walked over to Ron.I shook my head,still looking in her direction.

"She's insane!"I exclaimed and George laughed.

"You don't want to hear what she was saying about my non-existent ear.She said they were lopsided"he said and I let out a little giggle.

"I have to go sit up front.Do you want to sit with me or Remus and Tonks?"he asked and I pursed my lips.I looked behind me at Remus,who was frowning while Tonks was talking happily,her hand fiddling with the thread on her stomach.

"Can I sit with George?"I asked and Remus nodded.I could just interrogate him later on.George led me up to the front and he laughed as he looked down at my feet.

"Converse,really?"he asked and the ends of my hair turned pink but after a blink it was gone.He led me up to beside Fred.

A moment later Bill and Charlie stood up at the front of the marquee, both wearing dress robes, with larger white roses in their buttonholes; Fred wolf-whistled and there was an outbreak of giggling from some of Fleur's veela cousins. Then the crowd fell silent as music swelled from what seemed to be the golden balloons.