Nikki

(Viola's pov)
I hurried through the halls,my head down so I wouldn't be noticed.Well that was what I was hoping anyway but things tend not to go according to plan for me.

I was looking for Emily.I saw the look on her face the other day in the forest when she heard about the necromancer.It was tempting.I mean we all have loved ones we want to say goodbye to or talk to once more but they are dead.It is better left that way ...plus I got a little tip from someone.I thought about the unexpected meeting with my headmaster that happened earlier on that day.

I rushed to my next class which happened to be Muggle Studies,where they told us that Muggles were monsters as were muggle-borns.It was a whole lot of rubbish really.

"Walters!I need to talk to you!"Snape shouted,his voice booming across the hallway and Cece looked at him to me warily.She never really liked me that much. I get it though.She's a sweet Gryffindor while I'm a werewolf Slytherin.

"Yes?"I asked impatiently and Snape motioned me to follow him.I rolled my eyes but followed him none the less.I always liked him as our Head of House but now my opinion was completely different.

"You have to talk Emily out of visiting the necromacer"he said once we were out of earshot of other students.I looked at him a bit shocked.I knew about the necromacer because of the meeting but how did he?

"Why should I do that?"I asked,being a typical Slytherin.

"Because she doesn't know Nicole Baker as well as I.If Nicole attended Hogwarts she would be a Slytherin.She is sly and cunning and doesn't want to be found.She won't greet her with open arms"He said.

"Why should I trust you?All you've done is betrayed her and honestly I don't know where Emily is.I haven't seen her since before the match.I don't want to talk about this anymore so if you'll excuse me sir I have to go to class before I get punished for being late"I said coldly and he glared at me as I walked away.

And yet here I was,taking his advice.Ugh, stupid Snape being right.I made my way towards Gryffindor tower.Most people were in class but I could lie to Flitwick and he would believe me.

"Viola" the familiar silky voice echoed around the hall and I cursed under my breath and walked on as if I hadn't heard him but one thing Draco Malfoy didn't like to be was ignored.

"Viola"he said again but this time he was closer and I whipped around,my hair hitting his face.

"I'm in a hurry Malfoy"I snapped and his confidence crumbled for a minute and he started to stumble over his words.A couple of years ago I probably would have laughed at Draco Malfoy stumbling over his words but now I found myself pitying him and I of angry at myself because I should have been laughing at him.So I did the only thing my
brain could think of.I kissed him.Call me anything.Sycophantic.Idiotic.Low.Because it was exactly this.

"Merlin dammit,I hate you Malfoy"I said, my breathing heavy.His cheeks were an adorable light pink and his face clearly showed shock.

"Wait.You hate me?But you just snogged me?That isn't in the dating rule book" he said and I scoffed.

"I'm sorry is charming a girl with your unnaturally good looks and being so sweet and adorable to her and then becoming a death eater,the one thing she hates the most,and then trying to kill her headmaster in the book?"I asked and he opened his mouth to argue but I shook my head.

"Look,I'm busy.I'll talk to you later on tonight.You have to choose Draco 'cause I can't do this anymore.I will not hate you for your decision.I'm a big girl now.I'll give you a couple of hours to think"I said but really I probably would hold it against him.Did he not get it that no matter what I said I still cared about him?Maybe,no, definitely loved him?

"You're not a Gryffindor"the Fat Lady exclaimed when I reached the entrance to the Gryffindor common room and I rolled my eyes.Stating the obvious much.I was after all wearing my green tie and Slytherin uniform.

"I know.I wish to speak to Emily Black on urgent matters.Headmaster Snape sent me" I lied.Well,part of it was sort of true because he did ask me to prevent Emily from going. The Fat Lady looked at my skeptically and then shook her head.

"No password.No entry"she said and I almost cursed out loud.I sighed.Plan B. Confund her.It worked and she let me in.It was empty as I expected and I walked up to the seventh year dorm rooms to see her putting a bandage on her hip.

"Hey!"she said as if it was normal to be visiting a necromancer.She was in casual clothes with a black top and jeans.

"Don't visit the necromancer"I said bluntly and she looked at me a bit startled.Not because I knew but because I was so blunt. She pulled her top back down over her hip and looked at me for a moment.

"What would you do if Draco died?"she asked and I blinked.

"What?"I asked,even though I heard her perfectly.

"What would you do if Draco died?Thats like me.I just want to say goodbye Viola.I need to.The prophecy says so"Emily said,taking a bag from her bed and she slung it over her shoulder.

"Prophecies are never clear.Plus when have you ever listened to anyone?You should fight the prophecy not let it dictate you!"I said and she shook her head.

"It wasn't somebody's stupid idea.Its not just the prophecy.My mum knew her"She insisted and the next thing I said was low but I had to get her to stop.

"And tell me,where is she?"I asked and for a moment I thought she was going to punch me.Her eyes flashed red but then returned to grey.

"I'm going Viola.You can come with me if you want"she said and I sighed before taking her hand.

(Emily's pov)
I landed outside a small cottage.Vines grew over the roof and the house was surrounded by trees.I established that we were in one of the forests in Whales.The riddle 'the treasure lies at the first cross' was easy enough to solve once I figured out the numbers.I just stuck pins into the badly drawn map I got and connected them with magical string and the first cross was here.

"Emily"I heard Viola yell and I turned around to see her a good distance away.

"How did you end up there?"I asked, walking over to her and she looked at me in shock.

"I couldn't see you and then you just popped up"she said,looking warily at the tree next to us.A squirrel ran down it and she pointed her wand at it until she realised it was in fact just a squirrel.

"She probably has protective boundaries that wizards and witches can't get through. Just wait here okay.I'll be back soon"I said and she started to protest but I disappeared. I could hear her faintly scream while I knocked on the door.It opened and I got a knife to my throat before I could say anything.She didn't look much different from the photo except she was older and her light blue hair that looked kind of like crystals was longer.Her cold blue eyes looked at me as I smiled nervously.

"God,you're here.Snape.Black.Whatever you want to call yourself"she said and I raised an eyebrow at the God.Us wizards just said Merlin or another famous wizard or witches name.They of course weren't gods but still.

"Could you take the knife away from me?Please?"I added as she contemplated this.She was younger than I thought she would be but then again she was ten when my mum was twenty,which meant she either had to be twenty seven or twenty eight.

"You are so lucky you are Severa's kid otherwise you would be dead"she told me. Charming.Very charming.The house on the inside was what I expected it to look like, homely.Unlike the resident.

"Let me guess.You want to see your parents and your precious dead boyfriend.Oh and your godmother maybe?Who else have I missed?Oh yeah Dumbledore!"She said, looking straight at me with a stare that was unnerving.

"My mum left me a box in Dumbledore's will.She wanted me to find you.There's a prophecy.It will only take a couple of minutes"I insisted and she mumbled something but I couldn't hear her.Then again she was probably talking to a dead person.

"Your uncle said the exact same thing"she said and I flinched at the mention of Sev.

"It hurts,doesn't it?Being betrayed by your own family?"she asked and I looked at her, my face appearing bored.

"Its not that bad" I drawled and she laughed humourlessly.

"You don't have to lie Emily.I was scorned by my family too.I was a muggle you see.I am a muggle.But I was the girl who continued to see the monsters.The girl who got angry and her parents saw the monsters. They put me in a mental hospital.Until your mum and dad saved me.Took me out.The Muggles call it kidnapping.I call it saving" she said and I frowned as she started shaking her head until she just sighed.

"Your uncle came her before to see two women.Severa was on his side too as she was one of them.Before you decide you have to promise me one thing"she said and I nodded.

"Anything" I said.

"Give me the box from the will.Promise to never try to find me again"she said and I nodded.

"I will know if you think differently in the future.There are a lot of dead people that are good spies" she said and I still don't know if she was joking or not.She brought me into a room and closed the door.She could still get information off other ghosts that were not visible to me so I thought it was kind of pointless her being outside the room.A second later five figures appeared.I didn't ask for Lily Potter but she was my godmother.The other people,or should I say ghosts,were Mum,Dad,Cedric and Dumbledore.People say you can only love one person.I disagree.You can only be in love with one person.I loved Cedric but I was in love with George.If Cedric survived I don't even know what I would think.

"Hi"I said nervously.I heard that some spirits don't like to be disturbed.

"I knew you would solve my clues.You are just so smart.I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you Emily.I miss you so much.I've been watching you since I died.You've grown up to be a beautiful girl"Mum said and the ends of my hair turned pink.She tried to squeeze my hand but it went through my hand.I almost cried.Her she was,I could see her but she was still dead.She was always going to be dead.

"I love you"I said and she smiled at me.

"You have to be strong Emily.You have to protect your friends.And when the time comes just knock her out."she said and I frowned.Knock her out?Who is she?Does she mean Nikki?Or Viola?Cece?The list goes on.

"Dad?I'm so sorry about taking Grimmauld Place from Harry"I said and Mum shot him a look.

"I should have left it to you.I'm sorry.You were right.I only saw Snape in you.I'm sorry"he said and I gave him a small smile.

"Ah family reunions"Dumbledore said and I turned to him.

"I am so sorry.I should have saved you.I should have told about Draco.I should have known about Sev.I'm so sorry"I said and he waved his hand dismissively.

"It is best not to dwell on the 'should have's but to concentrate on the 'I will's.Also all is not as it appears.People do things to protect the ones they love"he said.Merlin,I hated riddles.

"Young Miss Baker is getting restless.You should talk to Mister Diggory before she gets fed up"Dumbledore said,his eyes sparkling.

"Look Ced-"I started but he cut me off kindly.

"Its okay Emily.I didn't expect you to stay single for the rest of your life.Put if you do die you can share my ghost flat!"he joked and winked at me and I laughed.

"I'll keep you up on that offer"I said and I smiled at all of them.Just as suddenly as they appeared they disappeared.

"Finally.Jeez I can only talk to James Potter for so long without Lily.Well it was well worse last time.So,did you get what I wanted?"Nikki asked and I shrugged.I didn't really know what I wanted.

"Okay.I'm sorry about my attitude.Stop laughing Sirius!Its just I don't want to be found.It was nice meeting you.And don't believe everything everyone tells you"she said and I rolled my eyes.

"Do you all speak in riddles?First 'knock her out',then 'all is not as it appears' and now this.Seriously!"I exclaimed and she looked at me,her eyes glinting grimly.

"You'll see soon enough"she said while escorting me to the door.I heard a scream and Nikki frowned.

"Don't listen to the riddles now.Everything is exactly as it appears"she said and I sprinted until I saw Viola,her wand pointed at a group of dirty men.Snatchers.She was on the floor and a root was sticking out in front of her.

"Nice of you to join us Beautiful"

---------------------------------------------------A/N I am so so sorry for not updating in a whole week.School has been hectic and I got work experience in a hospital near me and I am writing an article for my local newspaper. Siriusly I am so sorry.I promise when things calm down I will update loads but for now its hard to find the tim.Sorry.Anyway enough with my apologies.Thanks to 'katelyn12340' 'VannaBanna' and 'dancer3725' for fanning it means so much to me!