The Grim

(Emily's pov)

"Lavender?"I squeaked,crawling backwards quickly.Her face was pale and sweaty but I was not looking at her face.I was looking at her neck,a huge hole covered in blood.A werewolf bite.

"Em...ily?"She asked slowly.I got over my shock and grabbed her hand in mine.It was clammy and covered in blood.Mine wasn't any better.

"Look,Lavender.You just have to stay calm.I can fix this!"I insisted but the truth was I couldn't. Werewolf bites were incurable.I personally knew.I winced as Lavender placed her hand on my shoulder.I forgot about my burnt hip.The adrenaline of helping someone was coursing through me.

"Am I dying?"Lavender asked.Her eyes met mine.I didn't want to lie.

"I don't know"I replied.She started to close her eyes and I did the first thing that came to my mind,I slapped her.Her eyes snapped open.

"Did you just slap me?"she managed to get out.I giggled.Probably the most inappropriate time to laugh but I couldn't help it.She managed to get out a little chuckle before she winced.

"You have to keep your eyes open"I said."And revenge is a dish best served cold Lav-Lav"

I closed my eyes.I had to think.How could I save her life?I had to.I couldn't let her die.

"Let me die.Let that be your revenge.I was a jealous mean little girl.I still am.I have nothing. Parvati deserves better.Ron deserves her.Tell Hermione that I'm sorry.Tell Pav that she was the best friend ever.Tell Ron...that's he's an asshole"Lavender said.My eyes snapped open.

"No.You're going to tell them that yourself. Well I could tell Ron.Look,I'm going to help you"I insisted.All I managed to do was strap her neck up in some fabric.Then I heard scuffling behind me.I almost forgot we were in the middle of a battle.Almost.

"Ah,two unfinished meals"Fenrir Greyback growled.I stood protectively in front of Lavender,my wand pointed at his chest.But I didn't need to rely on my wand.He advanced so quickly I barely had time to move.At the right time too.A bright light went flashing by me, straight into Greyback and he started to scream in pure agony.It stopped almost immediately but then he was stunned.

I turned around,expecting to see a Death Eater and an Order member duelling instead I saw Viola and Cece.Viola had blood running down her temple and Cece had a crazy look in her eyes.She looked dazed.She just tortured Greyback.She was trying to torture me.

"Avada Kedavra!"she shouted and I barely dodged the green light.Viola pounced on her but with some unknown strength Cece knocked her away as if she was merely a fly.Viola groaned and Cece easily could have killed her but she just turned to me.This wasn't Cece.I got that much from her eyes.They were unfocused.She was under the imperious curse.

"Cece-"I started but she fired another spell at me.I started to run.I wanted her away from Lavender and Viola.I found myself in an abandoned part of the castle.Rubble lay at our feet.

"Cece!This isn't you!"I shouted.I found no way out.I would soon get tired but I couldn't hurt her.

"Stupify!"I screamed but Cece deflected it easily. She laughed coldly.It made me feel as if I was placed in a freezer.

"Emily Black,why won't you just give up.I know you're not going to hurt your friend.She was foolish to get so close.She was trying to save her"She said.I didn't want to know who 'her' was.I couldn't handle it.But someone was using Cece.

I threw spell after spell at her but she would merely laugh and then try to kill me in very... creative ways.

"Cece!Please"I begged but she caught me off guard.Her foot collided with mine and I fell backwards.My head bounced off the ground. Before I could get back up I felt pressure on my chest,Cece's shoe was pressing down on me, cutting off my air.My wand lay useless a couple of metres away.I could either seriously injure her,which I had done accidentally before,or die.

In my moment if distress I thought of my mother.Then her words hit me.'When the time comes,just knock her out'.My hands enclosed around one of the rocks.Before Cece could figure out what I was doing,I made a large arc and the rock hit her forehead,making her crumble to the ground.I checked her pulse she was alive.

I just stood there for a moment before I started to drag Cece over to one of the tapestries.It wasn't great cover but it was better than leaving her in the open.

I closed my eyes.I wish I hadn't.I saw a flash if an image,Sev talking to Voldemort in the Shrieking Shack.My scar throbbed.I started to run towards the Shrieking Shack.

I had minimal trouble getting there.Only a Snatcher and a huge Spider.Yeah,minimal. When I reached the tunnel,I felt like I was trapped.The tunnel had either gotten smaller or I had gotten talker.It was most likely the latter.I finally reached the top.I wasn't the only one there. Harry,Hermione and Ron were too.

"What are you doing here?"Hermione whispered urgently.I put my finger to my lips to silence her.The least we needed was for Voldemort to know we were there.

Then it happened.Nagini struck at Sev.I watched as the colour drained from Sev's face.I tried to scream but I couldn't.I tried to run but Ron grabbed my waist.I kicked and punched him but Voldemort was still there.Then he disappeared. Ron let me go and I let out a sob.The others rushed over to Sev but their voices were merely dull whispers to me.

I managed to get over beside Sev.He grabbed my hand and squeezed lightly.Tears spring to my eyes but I was not going to be weak in front of Sev.I was strong.

"Emily...take them"he said.Harry took some for me.I don't think my hands would have been steady enough to hold the vial.I wiped away some of the tears from his face.

"I love you"I said.My voice broke.He looked so venerable.Sev,my Sev,was dying.I choked back a sob.

"I am so proud of you...know that Emily.I always was.You're so like your mother.I will always be proud of you"he said.I wanted him to say this to me for years but now that it was happening all I felt was guilt.I forgot about the fact that he had killed Dumbledore.

"I know.I forgive you Sev.I love you.Just hold on. We can heal you.Merlin dammit Sev.Stay with me!"I screamed.

"I love you too"he managed to get out.Then his grip went slack on my hand.

"Sev!Sev!No!You can't be.Sev!"I screamed, shaking him.But he was dead.I sobbed into his robes,refusing to let go.Hermione put her hand on my shoulder.Ron and Harry stood awkwardly in the corner.I sobbed.Everybody I loved was leaving me.I thought my dad was the grim but the truth was I was.I was the grim.I was the death omen.Death followed me wherever I went.

The silence was broken by a cold voice."You have fought,valiantly. Lord Voldemort knows how to value bravery."He said.Actually I don't think be could be considered a 'he',more of an it if you ask me.

"Yet you have sustained heavy losses. If you continue to resist me, you will all die, one by one. I do not wish this to happen. Every drop of magical blood spilled is a loss and a waste."

"Lord Voldemort is merciful. I command my forces to retreat immediately.You have one hour. Dispose of your dead with dignity. Treat your injured."

"I speak now, Harry Potter, directly to you. You have permitted your friends to die for you rather than face me yourself. I shall wait for one hour in the Forbidden Forest. If, at the end of that hour, you have not come to me, have not given yourself up, then battle recommences. This time, I shall enter the fray myself, Harry Potter, and I shall find you, and I shall punish every last man, woman, and child who has tried to conceal you from me. One hour."

I looked at Harry.Ron and Hermione took this the wrong way,they raised their wands.They probably thought I wanted Harry to die because I was grieve stricken.Grieve made people do unbelievable things.

"Kill him Harry.When you get the chance.Kill him"I said.I was surprised that my voice was so clear,so strong.I kissed Sev's forehead and stood up,my eyes like a water and fire,a mixture of red and blue.I made my way to the school. Little did I know that more horrors awaited me.

---------------------------------------A/N Hey.Sorry for not updating sooner.Been busy and all.But Sev :( So sad writing this chapter.Anyway on to my thank you's.Thank you to 'ssand109' 'KaitlinMyfarm' 'DaisyTheFandomFairy' 'HogwartsAndHalfblood' 'LunaLovegoodNoPun' 'ElHoranxx' 'blooming2410' 'ilovereading210' 'Harrybagginswarrior''HeartBreakingArtist' 'crimsonxnightshade11' and 'the_weasley_girl' for fanning.It really does mean a lot to me.