Memories

(Emily's pov)

We reached the Great Hall.Then everything went downhill.Bodies were everywhere.Injured and dead.From what I could see at first glance around fifty were dead.Then I saw them.The Weasley's.Or more inportantly the people behind them.I ran over.My legs failed me,I crashed to my knees.Remus.Tonks.Fred.

"No"I mumbled.I screamed.I sobbed.Everyone I loved was gone.Sev.Remus.Tonks.Fred.All within a couple of hours.I felt as if someone had ripped out my heart.I wanted to die.I would have gladly jumped in front of a killing curse.

"George"I croaked out and I clutched onto him. He lost Fred.His twin.His other half.It was not George I had seen it the forest,it was Fred.I felt his body shake against mine.From the corner of my eyes I could see Cece,tears running down her face,mixing with the blood on her hands.

I looked down at Remus.I grabbed his cold hand in between mine.I smoothed his hair.I took a deep breath.

"I'll take care of Teddy,don't worry.I promise that he will never be alone.I will be there for him like you were there for me.I-I'm sorry.I could have protected you.I was stupid.Remmie,I love you.Please just wake up.This isn't funny"I managed to get out before my voice failed me.

I remembered all the times Remus was there for me.From when I was a little child and I scraped my knees or when I was older and he thought me how to protect myself.I wasn't the one who needed protection.I remembered him being overprotective,he was always protecting me and when it was my turn to protect him I failed.I failed him.

"I'm so sorry"I whispered.He was finally happy. With Tonks and Teddy.Tonks.The bubbly young woman.Dead.'She tried to save her' that was what the person controlling Cece had said.Cece had tried to save her.

Fred.I was vaguely aware of Percy sobbing beside me.He was barely a man.No longer would I see his smile.Or one of his stupid jokes. One of my best friends.No,he was more than that.A brother.

"I can't"I said.George hugged me.For a moment I thought he would never let go but he did.He looked me straight in my eyes.I was surprised he could see through his tears.My sight was blurry.

"I love you so much"he said.I laid my head on his shoulder.His heartbeat against mine made me realise this wasn't over.And I had to lead.I couldn't be weak.I was going to be strong for Sev.For Fred.For Remus.For Tonks.For all the other people.

"I love you too.I have to do something"I said.A vial lay on the ground a couple of metres away from me.It's silver contents swirled in patterns.

"Tell me"Cece screamed.I looked over.She had a murderous look on her face.I realised that she had too much blood on her to be from her head injury.Neville cowered away.The look in Cece's eyes were maniacal.

"You don't need to know Longbottom"Viola said.Her voice was gentle.Cece was having none of it.

"I hurt someone!Tell me who!"she screamed. People turned to look at her.

"It was a Snatcher.You missed a Hufflepuff"Viola said.I looked at her steely.I was a skilled liar.I knew a lie when I saw one.And Viola Walters was lying.

I passed Lavender.Parvati and Padma were crying beside her but she was alive.Our eyes met.She nodded and flinched.

I reached my room.The room I had slept in for four years.The red made me think of blood.The white reminded me of their skin.I screamed and punched the window.It cracked,falling down like rain,the detailed pattern gone.

I threw robes and trinkets around the room.My snow globe burst against the wall.Potions spilt and cracked all over the room.My bedsheets sizzled and burned when a green potion hit them.Then I found it.The Black Family Heirloom.The pensieve.