Nicolette

(Emily's pov)

The room was dark and damp.It smelled like blood and sweat.I could barely see a metre in front of me but I felt Cece's presence beside me.We were in this together.I turned my head slightly but this caused me extreme pain.She was slouched on the floor,blood and dirt matted in her blonde hair and her right wrist was chained to the wall.I probably didn't look any better.

"You alright?"I croaked,my voice hoarse.I needed water.My throat was so dry.

"I don't know"Cece replied,her voice cracking.I heard her start to cry but I couldn't see her face clearly.The door banged open and ambient light poured in.I flinched at the brightness and closed my eyes tight.A Death Eater came in,grabbing my arm roughly and unchaining it from the wall.I heard the other Death Eater do the same with Cece.We were dragged up the stairs.I just felt so weak.They dropped us when we reached a dining room.A large black table was in the middle of the room but otherwise it was empty.

"Ah our guests are back for some more fun" a cold voice said and I looked up and glared at him.His red eyes glowed ominously in the room,which was partly dark from all the black,making his skin look even paler. Voldemort.And by his side was Sev.

"Have you changed your decision?You could be great.You could be powerful.All you have to do is say one simple word"Voldemort said,walking towards me,his huge snake slithering behind him.

"No"I said weakly."Thats your simple word" I added,managing to muster a weak glare.I was hungry.I was thirsty.I was tired.

"Crucio!"he said calmly and pain hit me.It was like thousands of hot needles entering my skin but a thousand times worse.It finally stopped and I lay on the cold floor, my breathing heavy.

"Have you changed your mind now?"he asked and I shook my head,not trusting my voice.If I opened my mouth I would probably start screaming again.

"You can't change my mind"I whispered but he was closer now and he heard.

"Oh,really?"He asked,a cruel smirk appearing on his face.He looked at Sev and they had a silent conversation.Sev walked over to Cece and dragged her up by her hair.She screamed out in pain and kicked his shin but he just tightened his grip.I stumbled to my feet as Sev took out a knife.I was nearly there.

15 metres.

10 metres.

5 metres.

1 metres.

But I was too late.Sev stuck the knife into Cece's stomach,twisting it as he looked at me with a cruel satisfied smile on his face. Cece cried out in pain,coughing up blood as Sev let go of her and she slumped to the floor.Tears screamed down my face as I knelt down beside her.Her white shirt was red with blood and I was begging her to stay with me.

"Please.Don't do this to me.Don't leave me"I begged,tears falling down onto the ground. She tried to smile but it looked like a grimace to me.I shook her,still pleading and begging but her blue eyes dazed over.

"Now what is your answer?"Voldemort asked and I looked up,just about to give my answer but then-

I woke up.My body was covered in a cold sweat and my breathing was heavy.I had tear marks down my face and my scar throbbed so much that I had to grip my wrist tightly.At first I didn't notice the girl beside my bed but I turned around and I screamed.

"What's wrong?"Cece asked immediately, pulling a wand from under pillow.I guess the days of using your pillow as protection were gone.Her eyes landed on the girl behind me.Long brown hair with a flower in it,sea green eyes and a greenish tinge to her skin.Kamila.The wood nymph from the Society of Dark Creatures.I was so relieved to see Cece that I jumped out of bed and hugged her.She seemed a bit shocked,her wand lowering.