Alive

(Emily's pov)

"Emily Severa Black.You have been accused of studying the dark art of elementary.Do you plead innocent or guilty?"Kingsley Shacklebolt asked me.My eyes flittered across the dark room.I shivered,the dementors above me having that affect on me.My hands were chained down to the chair.If I had wanted to,I could have easily melted them.

"You don't study it,you are born with it"I pointed out.A shock went through my body and I had to bite my lip from screaming.

"That's torture!She has a right to a fair trial!"Cece shouted from somewhere behind me in the stands.I couldn't see her or turn around to show my thanks.

"Humans have that right.She is not human"A snide voice snapped.I couldn't see them and I could feel my body shake slightly.Jake Jackson's words rang in my head 'I guarantee that the moment this war ends,they will kill you'. He was right.

"Kingsley.You know her.Emily is not a monster we both know that so please,we have all lost so much in this merlin damn war.We need to stick together"Cece begged,her voice cracking.I stared at Kingsley.His face was conflicted.He didn't want to do it but it was the law.I just hoped Viola kept George distracted so it would be done before he realised what was going on.

"I'm sorry Cecilia.It is the law and she is an elemental.I have to make sure justice is served"he said.

"She lied!You can learn how to be am elemental.I thought her!I thought dozens of people.You cannot kill us all"she said.I opened my mouth to protest but no sound came out.She put a silencing charm on me.Kingsley looked at me then to her.

"Case dismissed"he said after a moment's pause."Elementals shall elect a representative in the Ministry to compromise a deal.And Cecilia Longbottom will be fined 100 galleons for lying to the Wizenmot"

I almost cried with relief.The door banged open and George came running in,Viola after him.

"I object in the name of love!"he shouted.I started laughing.He looked at me and looked at me sternly."I swear to Merlin,next time you are about to die,you will tell me!"

"Emily Black,you may leave"Kingsley told me with a smile.I stood shakily up and hugged George.Things were changing.For better or for worse."Devon,bring in the next prisoner"

Brian Walters smirked at Viola as he walked in,cuffs on his wrists and two dementors hauling him towards the chair.I clenched my jaw as he waved his index finger at her mockingly.

"Viola Walters,will testify"Kingsley said.Viola looked at her father and stood up.She seemed to brace herself before she opened her mouth.

"State your name and your relationship to Mr Walters"Kingsley said.

"Viola Walters.Daughter of Brian Walters"she said."I have witnessed many tortures and murders at the hand of my father.I can name many muggle-borns and blood traitors.Myself included.The first time he used an unforgivable on me was in 1993.I went home for the Christmas holidays.He used it multiple times after.There is a secret dungeon in the Manor. He has held dozens of people there.He also murdered Freya Greyback,which resulted in my condition"

The list went on and on.Person after person.Mr Walters' eyes narrowed more and more as she continued to talk.His face turned a dark purple by the time she stopped talking.He was found guilty.

It was a week after the battle.I had spent it in Azkaban.I officially hated the place.It was worse than last time.I had lost much more this time and the dementors didn't let me forget that.

Now,outside the Ministry I felt bitter.I lost everything for these people and all I got in return was a week in Azkaban.I missed the few people I truly loved's funerals.I could have sided with Voldemort.No doubt he would have won with Jake and I.But I didn't.I chose love over power.I regretted it.I was a bad person and I knew it but I wished I had chosen power because maybe I could have saved the people I loved most.

'Em,let's go home"George said,nudging me gently.I blinked.My home was Remus' house.What happened to it?Is it Teddy's now or mine?What happened to Teddy?

"I want to look after Teddy"I said.He looked at me.George.He lost his twin.A part of himself but here he was,smiling at me.What if I was executed?And I wasn't going to tell him.He would have broke.

"He's at the shop with Andromeda.I knew you would want to look after him so I took him"he said.After I just stared at him,he continued."I mean he's Remus' little boy.And you're Remus' little girl so I offered.Andromeda is getting too old to run around after little kids and I...I want a family with you and Teddy can be the start of this family"

His cheeks were a faint pink and I grinned before hugging him.It was weird to think that I would be Teddy's mother figure.It should have been Tonks but it wasn't.But I couldn't help but feel excited.I would get to hear his first word. And see his first step.I was going to be a mother even though I wasn't his.Little did I know how much babies cried.

One month later I stood in front of Hogwarts Graveyard.A graveyard was created to honour those who died in the war.A hero's graveyard. I held Teddy's small form in my arms.His hair a dark blue,as if he knew not to be his usual,happy turquoise.

I made my way through the graves until I reached 'L'.It was well organised in alphabetic order so it was easy to find.I looked at the two graves and put Teddy down.He had a bubblegum pink flower and I helped him place it in the middle of the two graves.

"You want to wave to Mummy and Daddy?"I asked.Teddy made a spastic movement with his hand.I took that as a wave.

"I'm looking after him Remmie.Because you looked after me when my parents were gone. You don't have to worry.George and I love him so much.We'll never be his parents but I will try my hardest.Just-don't feel unwelcome.You can come haunt me if you want to"I said with a cracked laugh.Teddy gurgled so I moved on. Without charms it would probably have been too hot to bring him out.

I walked through until I saw 'S'.Sev's grave was to the back and slightly away from the others. He may have got a plot here but he was still considered a traitor to some.I waved my wand a wreath appeared.Teddy was getting restless and started to cry.I felt like crying too.I dreaded the moment when he will say 'mum' for the first time.I was not his mum no matter how much I wanted to be.

"Oh"someone said from behind me.I turned around to see Harry.He had a flower in his hand and I stared at him.

"What are you doing here?"I asked.He looked down awkwardly.

"I came to repay my respects"he said,scratching the back of his neck."I can leave if you want"

"No.It's fine.Can you hold Teddy though?My arms are getting sore?"I said.He took him off me.We stayed silent for a moment.

"It's crazy that it's all over.It seems fake.That one day I'll wake up to see George and Teddy dead.Sev and Remus trained me for a war.What do I do now?"I asked him.He understood how I was feeling.He was born to kill Voldemort.

"Move on I suppose.Just forget about it all"he said.

"I don't want to forget"I replied.He looked at me,long and hard.

I"Neither do I"then he placed the flower on Sev's grave.He passed Teddy to me and left.I was left in that graveyard with a two month old baby in my hands.I didn't want to forget because I did complete the prophecy.I hunted them super wolves in my fifth year.The prophecy started since I was born.I was the reason many people were alive.I was alive and for that I was grateful.

---------------------------------------A/N I'm not really happy about this chapter but I can just edit it later. After this is the epilogue and then this book is done.I'm thinking of editing all of them but then writing a series of one-shots about important moments that I didn't get to do like Emily and George's wedding and more development on Viola and Cece and other characters.What do you think?

Thanks to 'MeganGodfrey' 'RunToWonderland' 'MignonPereira' 'everhg' 'NiallsGurl1995' 'speedy67' 'Angelina_Johnson' and 'lotrlover123' for following.Thank you all so much for sticking with me.